Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483518 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2520 on: August 23, 2020, 04:33:11 pm »

Use glowpaint to locate fire extinguishers or fire extinguishing system or fire alarm buttons or vending machines or corpses or generally whatever could be used to paint the halls not-black. Trigger/use/break said systems/items to produce non-black stuff to paint the halls. Repeat as much as necessary to reach Wilfred's position as indicated by limited Omniscience. Hope I won't have to go through sensitivity training again. The robot will follow me and help provide illumination. The motion sensor will let me know if anything approaches me in the darkness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2521 on: August 24, 2020, 11:16:19 am »

Wilfred glares at Larry, though the effect is lost since his isolation suit does not actually allow his face to be seen.  "Fuck you!  I don't understand any of what you just said, and that makes me angry!  Today has just been neverending shit, with us just marching right through deathtrap after deathtrap set by Derp, and I'm just--AGH FUCK THIS!"

Shoot the fire.  I know it probably won't kill it, but it's cathartic.  And if bullets aren't good for catharsis, what are they good for?

After shooting the fire, decide whether it would be safe to walk into the sector.  Maybe the isolation suit gives fire resistance?  Or maybe teammates put it out already?  In either case, forge ahead and search for the sector control center.  And continue shooting any speakers or screens seen along the way.  Also any people who aren't allies.  Maybe allies too if they get annoying, or attempt severe malpractice.  You know what I'm talking about.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.
Oof. Take a moment to recollect myself.

Then consider whether goop could be used to smother out some of this fire. Or would the goop just burn?

Also consider how long it seems this fire should last at the current rate. And is there some sort of access panel nearby that could grant us access to the vent system (maybe if we can close the vents and then close the door we can deprive the fire of oxygen, then do that hallway by hallway)?

Oh, and is there anything at all we could do for those still stuck in there? Or are they on their own?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
"Hey yo Wil, I see you found some fire, Too bad there's no Icons to go along with it, let me tell you a spit-roasted Icon of Depravity seasoned with some Wailing Sand and Ichor of the Fallen tastes great! It's just the right blend of salty, succulent and evil, if you want to I can bring some along to the company picnic, try to eat something new for a change, widen your horizons-Oh right, where were we again? Oh yeah, fire."

Larry searches for anything that would help with putting out the fire, that or lucid dreaming a fire extinguisher. It worked the last time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Waddle along with Tara toward the isolation suit that is Wilfred. Give him a big, toothy grin in greeting. Look at the inflamed room and see if it has a fire suppressant system or an extinguisher or such, and what the state of such basic safety devices is.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
((Prediction was correct, I will head toward Wilfred))
Head towards Wilfred, make sure he isn’t injured, if he is injured, attempt healing
[1][4]
Wilfred shoots the fire. Something beyond the fire, somewhere further into the sector, detonates. Shrapnel sprays pass Wilfred, completely missing him somehow.
[3][10][3][2][2][3]
Larry and Bob don't even notice the chunks of flaming metal hiss past them, but Tara and Yagyu sure do. Yagyu catches a long piece of metal straight in his left shoulder and the entire arm goes dead. Tara takes a dinner plate sized chunk of metal right to the ribs. It doesn't impale her like the shrapnel did to yagyu, instead it hits like a cannon ball and bowls her over, breaking several ribs and knocking her out.
[1]
Wilfred, seeing what happened, dives for cover. "HE'S IN THE FIRE!" He screams, firing several more times at the fire and scuttling in circles trying to find something to take cover behind in the pitch dark hallway.
[3]
Larry watches Wilfred for a moment, clapping happily, before turning and seriously considering the situation.
"I believe there are automated fire extinguishing systems built into these...human colony things. Perhaps we can find a way to activate it? Or rather reactivate it?"
[4]
Bob wanders over to the wall and bonks at it a bit with his snout before then biting fervently. His teeth get purchase on something and he tears it off and tosses it away, revealing some kind of recessed computer access panel underneath. He points at it with one stubby claw and then flops down.
[5][6]
Yagyu looks at the metal embedded in his arm for a moment and then nods.

"Right...stuff to do."

He wanders over to the panel Bob just exposed and presses a few buttons. The doors to the next area close and seal and the control panel announces: "HALON GAS INFUSION UNDERWAY, PLEASE WAIT. IF WITHIN EFFECTED SECTOR, PLEASE HOLD YOUR BREATH.....NOW."

Use glowpaint to locate fire extinguishers or fire extinguishing system or fire alarm buttons or vending machines or corpses or generally whatever could be used to paint the halls not-black. Trigger/use/break said systems/items to produce non-black stuff to paint the halls. Repeat as much as necessary to reach Wilfred's position as indicated by limited Omniscience. Hope I won't have to go through sensitivity training again. The robot will follow me and help provide illumination. The motion sensor will let me know if anything approaches me in the darkness.

[5] Through the use of conspicuous amounts of marking using whatever materials are available (ethical or not)  Pathos manages to walk down an hallway and find the team without issue.

"This place is weird as heck. Symbi-chan, do you know how we get out of here?"

Ask the HELL symbiote inside of me if it knows what to do to get out of this predicament. If it has a suggestion, try and follow it as best I can.
If it doesn't, try and rack my brain for occult knowledge. Maybe I have knowledge about this sort of thing or something similar.

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Richter asks his hell symbiote to help him. For a moment there's not much in the way of a response, then he feels something winding up and gathering force. He flies backwards into real space as though someone had slugged him in the nose, staggering into Yagyu and falling over. 

"Yeah..thanks." He mutters internally, getting up and rubbing his earface.

Sit down and close my eyes for a moment.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
"There's no place like home..."
Close my eyes and think of home, maybe click my heals together while I'm at it.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
[3][1]
Ji and Burt do their best. They close their eyes. They think of home. They try to stop dreaming...while awake...whatever the fuck that means. They really do make an effort. And after 30 seconds or so they both open their eyes. A human face is staring back at them...or something like it. Its pale, its features elongated, sunken, and wild, matted black hair running down over glassy staring eyes, massive nose and open mouth. Its big enough to shove them in and chew them up.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" It sighs, and a massive hand presses against them and shoves them towards the gaping maw.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2522 on: August 24, 2020, 11:42:32 am »

"I'm made of metal, Dumbass."
Throw the tranquilizer syringe into the gaping maw. Then, open fire with my assault rifle, while fighting against the pushing motion.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: August 24, 2020, 12:13:22 pm »

Larry sights, kinda regreting he got out of the Sixth Dimension this morning. "I'll go fetch the clown squad. Been a while since I had soft bones for lunch anyway."

Larry reaches his hand into the dark and attempts to scoop out the weeb and the one he's surprised is even alive from the shadow realm. Then he'll scoop out Mr. Soft Bones and make him regret coming to this dimension more than he currently is.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 10:07:47 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: To Kill a Matchbox.
« Reply #2524 on: August 24, 2020, 01:16:52 pm »

What the hell, I don’t remember putting the face there
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 04:25:56 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2525 on: August 24, 2020, 01:36:52 pm »

"Hey Wilfred. Your competency is a breath of fresh air. By the way, got your bot for you. Please wait until I leave before doing weird things with it."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: August 24, 2020, 01:49:26 pm »

"WILFRED!

WILFRED WHYYYYYYYYY?!"

Could I attempt to repair my left arm with a mechanics roll? If yes, try to do so, use a toolkit charge for it.

Wait a while until it seems that the fire has died down from the gas infusion (try to use scanner to check for it if unsure, or just try to use that computer for it).

Once reasonably sure, open the door carefully (make sure fleshy humans without a suit are warned so they can evacuate a bit from any gas). If it seems safe to continue, inspect the room. 

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: August 24, 2020, 02:59:16 pm »

Bob rest's his head on Tara's legs, holding her relatively in place while she is unconscious. He'll wait for the doors to open and the zone beyond to cool to tolerable before dragging Tara by the pantlegs along to the next sector.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: August 25, 2020, 04:19:50 am »

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY OWN SCREAMING!"
Ignite all my flares and throw them into its mouth, then start firing my gun into the face.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: August 26, 2020, 04:05:50 pm »

Hang around for a second.

If Larry manages to scoop out the dark dimension being/weeb and I see an opening, manifest the crocodemon mouth and gobble up some chunks off of it. Purge the icon of butchery and some teeth elemental bits if I lack space.

If I don't see an opening, instead make sure Tara isn't in a spot where she's in immediate danger and try to gently wake her up.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: August 26, 2020, 09:00:12 pm »

Hewwo, Dwop Me In Please. By RC and the crew, stay low and keep an eye out for humies.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 09:31:49 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: August 27, 2020, 08:34:19 am »

"Suck it up, nerd.  It's just a flesh wound.  And--Oh!  Pathos, awesome, you really got him!  Sweeeet!  You're the best little spider bud!  Now, when Derp mind controls me into murdering the rest of the team, we've still got a weapon that'll take him with us."

Instruct the robot to kill anyone that I tell it not to kill.  And tell it to murder anyone I ever call either "Derp" or "Mr. Friend" or even just "Friend".  Also tell it to kill anyone who physically attacks me or harms me.  Oh, yeah, and it should stay with me all the time.  It's a guardbot, so it should guard me!

...Actually, sit on top of it.  It is now my mount.

Otherwise, wait for the fire suppression systems to work their magic.

Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2532 on: August 27, 2020, 10:47:53 am »

Bob rest's his head on Tara's legs, holding her relatively in place while she is unconscious. He'll wait for the doors to open and the zone beyond to cool to tolerable before dragging Tara by the pantlegs along to the next sector.
What the hell, I don’t remember putting the face there
Bob lay's his head on Tara. She is his friend. Or, if things go poorly, his snack.  Either way, his.

"WILFRED!

WILFRED WHYYYYYYYYY?!"

Could I attempt to repair my left arm with a mechanics roll? If yes, try to do so, use a toolkit charge for it.

Wait a while until it seems that the fire has died down from the gas infusion (try to use scanner to check for it if unsure, or just try to use that computer for it).

Once reasonably sure, open the door carefully (make sure fleshy humans without a suit are warned so they can evacuate a bit from any gas). If it seems safe to continue, inspect the room. 

[1 1]
Yagyu removes the shrapnel and attempts to fix his arm. About halfway through, he accidently crosses two wires and a mechanical voice speaks from somewhere in the arm.

Auto-aggression mode initiated. Destroying traitor.

The arm immediately jerks around and punches Yagyu square in the face. He topples over and the arm, naturally, follows him down, still punching.

Initiating taunt protocol. Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself. Ha. Ha. Ha.

"Suck it up, nerd.  It's just a flesh wound.  And--Oh!  Pathos, awesome, you really got him!  Sweeeet!  You're the best little spider bud!  Now, when Derp mind controls me into murdering the rest of the team, we've still got a weapon that'll take him with us."

Instruct the robot to kill anyone that I tell it not to kill.  And tell it to murder anyone I ever call either "Derp" or "Mr. Friend" or even just "Friend".  Also tell it to kill anyone who physically attacks me or harms me.  Oh, yeah, and it should stay with me all the time.  It's a guardbot, so it should guard me!

...Actually, sit on top of it.  It is now my mount.

Otherwise, wait for the fire suppression systems to work their magic.

[9]
Wilfred ignores the absolute mess he's called and instead focuses on teaching his mechanical friend new commands. He tells him to kill anyone that he specifically states NOT to kill. The robot accepts this contradiction surprisingly easily. Wilfred climbs up on the robot's...well what could be considered shoulders, and points towards the airlock door.

"ADVENTURE! MURDER! LOOT!"

Hewwo, Dwop Me In Please. By RC and the crew, stay low and keep an eye out for humies.

Janet wanders out of the darkness and leans over Yagyu, who is desperately trying to dodge his own punches.

"I can assure you that this is not a common issue with OMNITECH products."

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY OWN SCREAMING!"
Ignite all my flares and throw them into its mouth, then start firing my gun into the face.
"I'm made of metal, Dumbass."
Throw the tranquilizer syringe into the gaping maw. Then, open fire with my assault rifle, while fighting against the pushing motion.
Larry sights, kinda regreting he got out of the Sixth Dimension this morning. "I'll go fetch the clown squad. Been a while since I had soft bones for lunch anyway."

Larry reaches his hand into the dark and attempts to scoop out the weeb and the one he's surprised is even alive from the shadow realm. Then he'll scoop out Mr. Soft Bones and make him regret coming to this dimension more than he currently is.

[8][9][2][1][4]

Larry walks off into the shadows. There are a few tentative moments and then the darkness spits out both Ji and Burt.  Burt stands up, pats himself down, and laughs out loud.

"I'm Alive! ALIVE! AL-"

He's cut off when Larry comes flying out of the shadows as well and slams into him. Both go down in a pile, with Larry laying lackadaisically on top.

"Did ya get it?" Wilfred asks, looking down from his perch.

"Ahh...In a manner of speaking." Larry says.  As he says this, a colossal white hand reaches out of the shadows and towards the crew.

Hang around for a second.

If Larry manages to scoop out the dark dimension being/weeb and I see an opening, manifest the crocodemon mouth and gobble up some chunks off of it. Purge the icon of butchery and some teeth elemental bits if I lack space.

If I don't see an opening, instead make sure Tara isn't in a spot where she's in immediate danger and try to gently wake her up.

[8][2]
"Dinner!" Richter shouts with a newly forming giant demon mouth, and leaps at the hand. He snaps at a finger but the hand moves in a strangely fluid way and avoids his attack.

Halon gas infusion complete. Area is now ready for occupation. You may now breath normally

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: August 27, 2020, 02:01:27 pm »

"Cthalhu, Bealzebuba, Louiscipher, Zues, Odion, bestowth upponth meth theth powerth I begth ofth youth!"

Larry calls upon the ancient gods and proceeds to try and steal the powers of Mr White Face via soul absorption. There's no way that could go wrong right?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: August 27, 2020, 02:12:34 pm »

Use my KNOWLEDGE of Omnitech products to help Yagyu reset his arms to factory default.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 02:23:03 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 334