Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483956 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: THY FLESH CONSUMED
« Reply #2145 on: May 06, 2020, 11:01:35 am »

"Noo, dammit! We were so close.

Well, rest in peace for now Anya, at least you're free from this bloody mess for now."

Yagyu walks over to Tara and puts a metallic hand on her shoulder.

"You did the best you could given the situation, don't beat yourself up over this.
Unfortunately, that was also the last of Elen's meds, so we're all out right now. Hopefully we can scavenge some more medical supplies.

Oh, and Will? Excellent shot there, quality work. If that battery is dead though, perhaps I can hook it up to an outlet somewhere to try and recharge it a bit, if you'd like. First we gotta make sure we won't get more of these assholes biting our bums off. "

Try to use my scanner to see if we can locate that python ram thing demon we spotted earlier, and to see if there are more demons still around. Don't run around the whole section though, just see if there's strong HELL signals anywhere near.

Could we perhaps just weld shut all of the side doors and such in sector Q (the one we're in), so that we still have a safe path to travel through from section R to N while locking out any more surprise demon attacks? Assuming we find no evidence that a demon wandered into the previous sector of course (though I think those doors should have been shut normally so hoping not).

Oh, and take Anya's inventory for now I suppose, so we can give it back to her. If people would like to take some of it for use during the mission, let them of course, but make clear she's getting it back afterwards.

By the way, did that lighter get destroyed in the blast before? Cause if not I'd like to retrieve it once we are moving on to the next sector, that lighter did a bang up job.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[5] According to his scans, Yagyu can distinguish 3 more demons nearby. Nearby being probably within a sector or so of distance.

[6] He believe that every sector should have emergency partitions that could be activated to block off hallways. With the correct usage of these, it should be possible to form a narrow hall from the entrance to the exit of a sector. It would need to be done from the control room though.

[1] The lighter was unfortunately atomized, so Yagyu settles for Anya's inventory.

"that was rather tasty, all things considered" Richter muses while picking some demon from between his teeth. "So, what should I call you? We're going to be stuck together for a while, hopefully, so we may as well make this a real symbiosis."

Try to converse with the symbiote

Unmanifest the crocodemon leg replacing my arm right now. Try and get a feel for how fast I can manifest things, to gauge if I should try and manifest parts in advance or if I can do it on the fly in combat

Also try and get a feel wether the manifestations only work for physical attributes of consumed demons, or if I'm also able to manifest special/supernatural powers they had

Also also try and get a feel if I can only manifest the demon bits as they were in life, or if I can reform them. Say turn my arm into a crocodemon tooth macuahuitl or a tyranid teeth demon Deathspitter

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

[6] Richter attempts to speak with the symbiote but mostly just gets a mental punch in the gut with the desire to murder and eat. It staggers him for several moments.

Richter tests out his manifestations a few times. They can switch pretty fast, about a second of lag as they change. Not fast enough to unleash a flurry of punches with each being a new part but fast enough to switch given a moment.

It seems like as long as as the powers were innate to the flesh being manifested, he can use their powers as well.

It also seems like he can manipulate the flesh to create new forms, but it would eat up more of his reserves than simply forming a normal part.

Hmm. Syv reactivated power to this sector, right? Any chance I could activate some sort of drainage system to remove the water, even if it takes some time to drain? If yes, activate said system then open the door to the next sector and retreat to the ceiling to wait for it to drain.

Also, if I saw that goat demon and can track it with my Omniscience, let the team know where it is.

[6]
Pathos activates the drainage pumps in this sector and then opens the door to the next one, letting water continue flooding in. The entire sector is filled with an enormous amount of sucking and this time it isn't even security team #2 doing it!

"I've totally been here the entire time and know whats going on."
Go loot some rooms and maybe find some money.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"That would be great, Yagyu.  Derp really deserves to be melted by a laser after putting us through... just, all this."

"...Ji?  Ji, don't wander off alone again, you don't even have legs!  Gah, I'm going with you!"

Follow Ji, and help her find new limbs.  Resume shooting any screens, speakers, or demons seen, using the generic rifle.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor
((Got a few unrelated things this turn. I’m trying to get all the small stuff that’s been bothering me out of the way, instead of scattering it through multiple posts))

Try to gather enough spare parts (biological, robotic, or otherwise compatible) that somebody would be able to get my body back to a functional humanoid state, if only temporarily.

What exactly it the status of my riot suit and germ suit? If their gone, I’ll try to find more germ suits, as well as a box of syringes.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
((They're fine. Technically they're damaged but basically unless I say they get destroyed, assume they're fine for mechanical purposes.))
[2,2,6]
Billy bob and Wilfred find nothing, but the literal torso with one "working" arm manages to discover several cloned limbs that would get her back up and walking!  Now she just needs someone to graft them on!

Damn. Got a rib cage and all for nothing. Grab all the stuff, for safe keeping of course.
”Oh anya, we hardly knew ye.”
Return to the main group.
"SUCK IT WORLD! KENNETH HAS BECOME DEATH, HARBINGER OF OMNITECH AND DESTROYER OF LESSER BRANDS!"

Kenneth will go along with the squads and prepare to execute the same maneuver he used to lute the statue of Founder Ulysses T. Chillicothe which wasn't accidental or pure luck in any way.

At all.

These fellows return to Yagyu, who is the acting anchor of "The group" for the moment. Because he's been secretly paying me in bitcoin to retain his position he's an emotional rock and everyone feels safe in his mechanical embrace.

Good thing she has a cognition copier, how does it work? Do we take it out of her corpse to transfer it to a machine? Or is her mi d already being copied to one and removing it would break the process? Ji, would limbs from Anya’s corpse even be able to connect with you? It was her chest that was damaged, so the legs and arms would still be intact
Go wander the sector and search for the demons using my scanner, if I find it/them or if it/they find me, run away from them while shooting foam at them while throwing the barbecue ribs at it, then throwing the empty plate at it/them like how a frisbee would be thrown. Run from them while doing this
[3]
Tara wanders around for a while, plate of ribs in one hand and gun in the other, searching for a demon. For better or worse she fails to find anything but her way back to the group.

As the area drains several more big alien fish things flop out of the next sector and end up caught on doorways or stranded as the water level lowers. They appear to be ordinary animals, not demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: May 06, 2020, 11:15:43 am »

If/When I get repaired. Try to find enough syringes to give everyone a syringe full of tranquilizers. (Don’t know why I never got around to that before.)

EDIT- make sure whoever repairs me makes use of the toolbox in RC’s inventory.

Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:51:21 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: May 06, 2020, 11:35:37 am »

Get to where Ji is and graft an arm and legs in the proper places to her

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: May 06, 2020, 03:10:28 pm »

[6] He believe that every sector should have emergency partitions that could be activated to block off hallways. With the correct usage of these, it should be possible to form a narrow hall from the entrance to the exit of a sector. It would need to be done from the control room though.

Move for the control room. Use scanner to ensure we don't get jumped on our way there, use goop in case nasties get near us anyway.

If we make it there, let one of my more techno-minded teammates work those doors while I stand overwatch with goop gun. If nobody is there to help, just try it myself. Either way make sure all teammates are adequately informed so none of them are stuck on the wrong side of the doors.

Finally, consider whether we could recharge Will's laser. Maybe we could build an adaptor of sorts (using a toolkit charge and maybe some materials we scrounge up) and use that to plug the battery into an outlet somewhere? Alternatively, could we McGiver a new battery for his gun?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 04:31:35 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: May 06, 2020, 04:01:38 pm »

Kenneth will follow along till the gang finds a mortally challenged. Kenneth will also hum the Omnitech(TM) Theme Song(TM).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 05:54:41 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: May 06, 2020, 05:31:09 pm »

Kenneth will follow along till the gang finds a mortally challenged. Kenneth will also hum the Omnitech(TM) Theme Song(TM).

((if you’ll allow, just spoilering your character sheet
[spoiler=spoiler name, leave blank for it to just say spoiler]things you want in spoiler[/spoiler]

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: May 06, 2020, 05:55:16 pm »

((if you’ll allow, just spoilering your character sheet
[spoiler=spoiler name, leave blank for it to just say spoiler]things you want in spoiler[/spoiler]
((I know how spoilers work, I just forgot to do it :V)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2152 on: May 06, 2020, 06:30:46 pm »

"Ji, you should consider adopting a superior shark body instead of settling for inferior human limbs. Sharks deal extra damage against doors as a racial advantage. Look at Richter, he has the right idea."

Help Yagyu with his computer thingy.

Also help with Ji's surgery if she needs help of the mechanical or computer kind.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: May 06, 2020, 10:49:23 pm »

”Becuase sharks don’t have tits!”
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: May 06, 2020, 10:56:50 pm »

"Kenneth begs to differ, Kenneth has seen on the Internet, things that keep Kenneth awake at night."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Wet and wild
« Reply #2155 on: May 07, 2020, 06:39:05 am »

"Jeez, dude, why are you so dead set on turning yourself into a literal sex object?  I'm not even a woman and I feel a vauge sympathetic shame.  And a sustained hatred of Derp, but that's been there awhile."

Go with Yagyu and Pathos, continuing to follow the very unstealthy plan of shooting everything that could potentially transmit Derp's control.  Also shoot any demons.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Sight: Functioning (blindfold readied)
Smell: Nose plugs.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?
Touch: Riot armor

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: May 07, 2020, 07:33:26 am »

"I will aid in the mechanical portion of the surgery as I am a helpful person that has been here the entire time."
Aid in the surgical graphing of limbs onto Ji.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2157 on: May 07, 2020, 02:19:49 pm »

"Jeez, dude, why are you so dead set on turning yourself into a literal sex object?  I'm not even a woman and I feel a vauge sympathetic shame.  And a sustained hatred of Derp, but that's been there awhile."
"I object to that. We don't kink shame here. If someone wants to be a sexbot, let them be a sexbot. If someone wants to fuck a toaster, let them fuck a toaster! If someone wants to make penis into robot, MAKE PEE NIS INTO RO BOT!"

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: May 07, 2020, 02:58:53 pm »

"I object to that. We don't kink shame here. If someone wants to be a sexbot, let them be a sexbot. If someone wants to fuck a toaster, let them fuck a toaster! If someone wants to make penis into robot, MAKE PEE NIS INTO RO BOT!"
"Kenneth disagrees, Kenneth thinks kink-shaming is the shield that keeps the terrors of the night at bay, Kenneth shudders at the thought of a world without kink-shaming."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: May 07, 2020, 03:29:33 pm »

"Yeah, I'm gonna agree with my mouth breathing security bro on this.  I've *seen* what you do with that little robo-thing, spiderphile.  How you jack.  Into computer ports.  Yeah, you probably want the sexbot to eat you or something.  Freaky shit, probably the kinda shit Derp's into.  And you know what's gonna happen to him."
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 334