Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 485131 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory
« Reply #825 on: June 07, 2019, 03:25:28 pm »

Take up the rear of the group and keep an eye out for the diamond monster, making sure to let those capable of taking it out deal with it. Stay on alert.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 08, 2019, 10:22:53 am »

Scout around for the diamond-head, EMP grenade at the ready.  If Heather allows, get another flare to use as a melee weapon.. the hot flaming end should be another source of non-conventional damage.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 10:24:36 am by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #827 on: June 09, 2019, 05:41:50 pm »

Check how much I know about Hell Particulates, if any
Without your character sheet I'm not really sure.  But we'll roll 1d4 anyways.

[3]
HELL Particulate matter is a blanket name given to any particles unique to the H.E.L.L. phase space/dimension.  They tend to be found in areas where phase interfaces or materials from hell are present. Greater concentration means greater connction and in high enough concentrations the spontaneous generation of HELL pseudo creatures and other phenomena is possible.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Knowledge d10

Can there be a reroll for last turn, since now there is the sheet?

Find HELL particles and concentrate them to see if I create a creature and hopefully learn more about the particles
Your 3 was actually a successful roll, so rerolling wouldn't really help you.
[2]
Attempts to, through sheer force of will, create a new creature from hell particulate fail.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Leave behind the riot suit, the electrical behavior modification implant and the half-eaten OMNI-SNACK bar.
Give Lance Bradley three of Benny security rifle magazines.

Steve redistributes the wealth as he sees fit.

"This incendiary device is indiscriminate, irresponsible and immoral! In other words, exactly what I'm looking for. I'll take 4."

Buy 4 Hellfire bombs for 120 OMNI and a good drink for 5 OMNI.

And now that I'm properly armed with a weapon I can actually use, start making my way to the lab.

"By the time I get there they'll either all be dead or they'll have taken care of those monsters. But on the off chance they are still fighting, I'll be able to use my new toy to make sure I win my bet."

Pathos transfers the necessary funds for the Hellfire bombs and buys himself a "Good Drink", ie a bottle of the finest Martian Fields ale. Thus armed and fortified, he wanders back towards the labs, getting there at the end of this turn.

Purchase another Incinerator (the drink), drink it, and follow Pathos back to the labs. Incinerate Benny and the goo'ed Hell creature.

((forgot that would be a speech roll trying to negotiate with the bartender. Good thing I didn't try to flirt with her.))

"Hey Pathos, that bartender sure is cute. Think I got a shot with her?"

Spoiler: Things Jon did (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
"Hey Pathos, that bartender sure is cute. Think I got a shot with her?"

"I think you have a great chance of being shot by her."

Jon follows Pathos back to the lab, arriving at the end of this turn.

Blake watches as Lance completely fails to shoot the trapped monster. He takes a shot at it, and then joins the rest of the team, pointing the gun at all the creepy sounds.
"okay, I'm gonna have nightmares for ever and ever now."
[2][
Blake also takes a shot at the pinned monster and ALSO misses. Well.

He goes and joins the group wandering into the lab.

((Knew I should have stayed away from the lab.))

Spawn me in the barracks please.

Jimmy walks into the barracks and looks around. Yeah...this seems like the right place. He checks the map they gave him at the front desk, turns it upside down, then back around again. Yeah....probably.

Stay behind the people who actually have armor. Use scanner to determine where exactly the monster is, either by using the microphone to determine the source of the sound or by looking for the direction of the highest concentration of HELL particles. Or maybe try thermal scanner? If I can find the beast's location, point it out to my teammates.

As always, goop whatever baddies come into view.

EDIT: if ziizo/Steve doesn't want that riot suit, I wouldn't mind taking it, a little bit of armor would be nice.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[3]
Yagyu holds the scanner up and looks around, sweeping it back and forth. He suddenly jerks it up and points at the ceiling.

"Above us, Front and Rear!"

(I’ve been doing my ammo wrong. Just dropping when told to reduce instead of reducing to 1d4. Could I have one magazine back to correct the error oh benevolent bone lord? Or get the 2 1d4 magazines and just say I switched out the partially empty ones?)
If no, then go loot a few magazines off Benny. Then go back and proceed with the shooting things that don’t look friendly.

Stay behind the armored security guards. Ignite a flare and throw it at the diamond head if we discover it, also allow Spuds to take a flare.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Take up the rear of the group and keep an eye out for the diamond monster, making sure to let those capable of taking it out deal with it. Stay on alert.

Scout around for the diamond-head, EMP grenade at the ready.  If Heather allows, get another flare to use as a melee weapon.. the hot flaming end should be another source of non-conventional damage.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)

Blake watches as Lance completely fails to shoot the trapped monster. He takes a shot at it, and then joins the rest of the team, pointing the gun at all the creepy sounds.
"okay, I'm gonna have nightmares for ever and ever now."
[4,6,1,4,8]
(We're assuming lup got magazines and loaded his rifle)
[6,2,5,5,6]
[8,7,5,1,8]
(Heather reduce use die for magazine)

The group raise their weapons toward where Yagyu is pointing. Above them, holding onto the ceiling in an inverted standing positon, talons dug straight into the steel, are two diamond heads. Some open fire behind, others forward, rounds tearing out in a deafening cascade as the room fills with the strobing light of muzzle flashes. The creatures, their ambush interupted, seem strangely uneffected as the bullets tear through them. Their amalgamate flesh explodes with bursts of gore and shattered bone, spraying the wall and ceiling, but they don't falter. Amidst the chaos Spuds pulls the pin on an EMP grenade and waits a few moments before tossing it straight up, between the creatures.  The grenade hits the ceiling with a clang and opens like a flower, unvailing the odd electronic guts. It whines  out a high pitched tone and then the entire room fills with a flashbulb bright burst of light.

Immediately everyone's communicators, headsets, computing cubes, scanners, etc just stop working, blink out with a hissing pop.  The good news is that the Diamond heads seem to fair no better. They don't screech or scream or bleed or spasm, they just go limp and drop to the ground with a wet slap of meat and clatter of bones.

Scan for the diamond head using cameyes. If I detect it and it's not in the room past the blast door, dash forwards, slide under the door while it's partly open, and look for the phase interface. If I can't detect the diamond head, stay behind the security and hope we move forwards. If I can detect it but it's in the way, point it out.

[8]
Clem looks like its about to make a run for the back door but stops in place. It makes a gesture towards the door and then makes a sign of horns.

Clem can't speak it, but if it could it would tell everyone that something big is in the room beyond. One last thing.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 09, 2019, 06:38:53 pm »

"I think we're almost done here.. but.."

"Anyone want a stimpack?"

Give stimpacks to anyone who wants them.

If we're securing the other door, give cover with gun.  If a creature appears, open fire.  I'd cover with a baton, but really, really don't want to get stuck on the wrong side of that door.

If we're going in to kill it, take the front position and be ready to parry.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 10:56:46 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 09, 2019, 06:50:31 pm »

Wear riot gear if possible (aka over my current suit).

Go check on the monster I gooped, is it secure still (don't get within clawing reach)? If not, goop it some more.

Could I try to use my sealing tool to weld that door shut, or will that not work due to the door moving all the time? 

"Hey guys, maybe if I could weld that bloody door shut we won't have to deal with... whatever is hiding in there. The fact that the door keeps moving though isn't helping."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 09, 2019, 07:43:18 pm »

“Could we just seal the big blastdoor to lab 3?”
Follow the group, shoot what looks mean.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:58:08 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 09, 2019, 07:58:54 pm »

Use sealing kit to help seal the door shut, starting at the bottom to seal it to the ground so it stops moving. Collect HELL Particles for later study
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:45:43 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #832 on: June 09, 2019, 08:46:07 pm »

"Oh, hey, you're still alive. Good job. Hmm. I think that's three deaths, no? Oh well. Close enough. Still, if exactly one of you could die before this incident is over, you'd really be doing me a solid."

See if I can use the consoles here to activate the portal in the room with the monster. Try to use it to send the monster in there somewhere that's not here. Preferably to Venus labs. Because hey, if they dealt with the Anime Ape, I'm sure they can deal with this.

If that can't be done, then try to at least find a camera feed so I can see what's going on in there.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 06:05:12 am by Parisbre56 »

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 09, 2019, 09:29:45 pm »

Spoiler: Jengo (click to show/hide)

OK fixed I think

Hold position in case there's more.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 09, 2019, 10:19:31 pm »

Hold Position for time being, keeping an eye on the diamond heads and the backdoor.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 11:53:21 am by Tavik Toth »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 09, 2019, 10:52:10 pm »

Devastator   We done?
Devastator   or do we need to finish them?
Devastator   (mook)
Piecewise_   they're dead
Piecewise_   jim

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #836 on: June 10, 2019, 01:05:26 am »

Check the pinned monster, and if it's plausible to kill using .45 FMJ shove my sidearm into its most vulnerable spot and pull the trigger until it's rendered inert.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 10, 2019, 05:24:45 am »

"Is there supposed to be someone here to tell me what to do or do I have to find it myself?"
Wander around the facility looking for whatever my mission is supposed to be.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 10, 2019, 08:57:12 am »

"Ow, my eyes."
Blake takes another shot at the pinned monster, at point blank range, and hopes that the rule of three lets him actually hit it this time. then, he points his gun the back door while the techy+reclaimy people seal it. 

Hotfire90

« Reply #839 on: June 10, 2019, 09:40:54 am »

Stay in the rear, patch people up and shoot monsters as needed.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 334