Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481311 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Bad Dog.
« Reply #375 on: February 23, 2019, 08:12:15 pm »

(I'm not sure whether you assumed that I followed or that I stayed back, but since you didn't have me make a fate check, I'll go with the latter.)
Check the structural integrity of the airlock. Like, if something big really wanted to get through, how well would the door hold up? It looks like some people want to go in and some want to stay behind. If the door does get opened, I'll enter, but otherwise I'll just point my rifle at the door and wait for something non-MOOK to come through.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #376 on: February 24, 2019, 12:01:10 am »

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)

Move opposite to Benny, so that we're on opposite sides of the Murder monster and open fire, aiming for the legs.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 11:47:29 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 24, 2019, 06:19:47 am »

Yeaaaah, that sounds like a fight.  You know what makes a fight much worse?  Getting flanked.  Continue to stay in the safe corner next to the giant closed door, just in case a monster comes through and tries to flank the others.  Flank security is a very important job!

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 24, 2019, 04:37:11 pm »

Oh, this looks cool, sign me up.

Spoiler:  Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 25, 2019, 05:22:04 pm »

Stay near teammates, if enemies spotted stick 'em to the floor, if not do a more in-depth scan of those exotic particles.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!
« Reply #380 on: February 26, 2019, 12:42:25 pm »

stop committing photosynthesis. Go take care of Clem, or at least put Clem out of their misery. If I think they're worth saving, use the medikit and hit them with a stimulant. Defib if necessary.

Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 12:45:13 pm by Gentlefish »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #381 on: February 26, 2019, 03:15:12 pm »

Team "Ignore the Screaming"
Check the spheres and that big machine. Any idea what they do?

EDIT: By big machine I mean this:

The upper level snakes around to the left to a large square section, the center of which contains some sort of complex machine that sort of resembles the teleporter from before.

[12][3]
Pathos smashes one of the spheres open and gazes at the contents for a few moments before snapping his fingers.

"Its a FoF marker. Probably for a set of Quarantine turrets."

Pathos stares at the machine for a few minutes, brow furrowed, before Spuds finally shouts that its a decontamination system.  Pathos nods and tries to play off the confusion with a few waves of his hand and vigorous nodding.

Question for PW: what skill or stat governs the use of the OMNITECH grapple gun? Or, to put it in more IC terms, do I feel confident in my ability to use the one in my inventory?

Also:
Benny, Clem, Steve, and everyone else who wants to head onward with him pile into the airlock and wait for it to cycle before moving on to the next room.
Would Mildred fit that description? I've no idea. She/I/we would probably be more the type to dither about getting distracted in the other rooms, but then again she would probably stick with the other Occult Materials and Information Management Officer on the team. I reckon she'd be in there.

((I guess I'll edit my action into this post at a later point in time. Sorry for missing the last turn, been busy af.))

Edit:
Placeholder action: if I'm in the room with Clem and the monster, get out my grapple gun and shoot it at the beastie, aiming either for its mouth or to entangle it in the grapple cord.
Regardless of the success or failure of this, immediately dive away from the creature and the wild hail of gunfire that will inevitably be directed towards it and anyone around it.

If I'm not in there, but still in the section of lab we're exploring, supervise my colleagues whilst keeping an eye out for anything that looks occult, dangerous or otherwise interesting.

If I'm still standing around outside after the doors were sealed off... welp, go to a breakroom and get myself a healthy, nutritious salad wrap and a bottle of water. Then return to wait outside the lab my teammates are in whilst eating it.

It uses Gun. Its a gun, after all. Says so right there in the name. "Grapple GUN".

Nah, she didnt't post. I tried to grab everyone who said to follow and list their posts out. You're still in the room with the two doors.

Since Mildred is still in the room with the two doors, she just sort of stands around and keeps an eye out for anything occult.

Anything NEW that's occult.

Sign me up then
(Edit, messed up hit submit too early)
Alright. We'll assume that Murphy comes running in and is now in the room with the two doorways right near the start of the lab complex.

Join Pathos in examining the machine.
[3]
Roald also stares at the machine in confusion until Spuds shouts the machine's purpose at both Roald and Pathos.

Spoiler: Redshirt (click to show/hide)
Hold position at the lab door. Actually, things sound like a fight in there... Close the lab door, and stand across from it, gun up and eyes scanning to make sure that if something busts through that when I shoot it its not another MOOK, but an actual dangerous thing.
Redshirt, perhaps in direct violation of his name, continues standing outside of the danger zone and points his weapon at the doorway.

"Aw yeah, this is some good material reclamation right here."

Go join Pathos in the room with the machine, I'm sure the lads fighting whatever it is in the other room will call me when they need something cleaning up.

Listen to what kind of grooves the dead guy has on this OMNITECH personal music player.

Examine one of the metal balls. Does it have any text on it, can I figure out what it's used for?

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

Edd, who is already in the room with Pathos, goes and stands over near him.

He cues up the O-PMP and listens to the first track playing

(I'm not sure whether you assumed that I followed or that I stayed back, but since you didn't have me make a fate check, I'll go with the latter.)
Check the structural integrity of the airlock. Like, if something big really wanted to get through, how well would the door hold up? It looks like some people want to go in and some want to stay behind. If the door does get opened, I'll enter, but otherwise I'll just point my rifle at the door and wait for something non-MOOK to come through.
[4]
Lance examines the outer door of the airlock carefully. Its reinforced steel in a sliding configuration. Ramming through it or forcing it open would require a great deal of force. It seems reasonably sturdy as such.

Yeaaaah, that sounds like a fight.  You know what makes a fight much worse?  Getting flanked.  Continue to stay in the safe corner next to the giant closed door, just in case a monster comes through and tries to flank the others.  Flank security is a very important job!

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Rezel makes like Redshirt and stays rooted in his good firing position.

Oh, this looks cool, sign me up.

Jack wanders into the room, apparently confused. Or drunk? Hard to say.

Stay near teammates, if enemies spotted stick 'em to the floor, if not do a more in-depth scan of those exotic particles.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
[2]
Attempts to get more data out of the scans result in basically nothing new. Well, not "Basically nothing" but ACTUALLY nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Team "Currently Screaming"

"Keep that thing busy while I patch up Clem."

Patch up Clem.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
[Rolling disadvantage: 8, 4]
Heather ducks past a flailing pincer and runs over to Clem. She doesn't even bother trying to assess the damage beyond looking what needs to be fixed to keep Clem breathing for the next 60 seconds or so. She immediately clamps off the abdominal aorta before Clem can bleed out but doesn't have time to get at least one of Clem's lung's closed up and functional.

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!"

Edward very courageously sprints away back through the door. Open door first if necessary.

He bravely closes the door behind him in attempt to trap the monster, maybe even close the door on the monster trapping or killing it.

Ed immediately turns tail, closing the airlock and setting it to cycle and let him back out into the room with two doorways.

Get away from the monster and shoot it in the mouth.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
[4] Benny manages to squirm out of the relentless onslaught of the creature, rolling out from under it and back up to his feet. He tries to backpedal away and lead the beast off of the rest of the team while putting some distance between it and them, but it is on him immediately, never letting him get far.
[3,3v3]
Again he tries to shoot from the hip and again the wild shot barely grazes the creature. But this time the graze is off the beast's head and it scampers back at the shock of it, apparently reassessing.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SPOILED FOR GIRTH (click to show/hide)

Stab benny with an stimulant so he has higher chances of surviving the beast attack)
In the instant where the beast is confused, Steve throws a stimulant to Benny and shouts for him to use it. Benny stabs the syringe into his flesh and then toss it away once its empty.  [Benny life to d8 temp]

Move opposite to Benny, so that we're on opposite sides of the Murder monster and open fire, aiming for the legs.
[Flanking enemy, advantage. 2,6 1v3][2, reduce use die to d4]
Kerberos moves out to the other side and fires on the creature's back and hind legs. The shots hit in a spray of sparks but deflect harmlessly.

The creature swings a pincer at Benny [1][7v6] but catches his armored shoulder and the blow glances off, though it staggers Benny to one side by the sheer force of it.  The creature then turns and sprints away, running straight through the large pair of automatic doors to the west and vanishing as they close behind it.

Team "Please stop Screaming"

Move towards the sounds of carnage and lay down fire into any demon-things that become visible.

Spuds, after helpfully telling the techs what the big machine is, runs towards the airlock. Its already cycling by the time he  reaches it and he can do nothing but wait.  Eventually it opens and disgorges a screaming Ed who lets everyone else know whats going on in the room beyond. Well, sort of. He's mostly incoherent.

Spuds moves into the airlock and waits for the others who want to come to join him.

"Hey, Pathos! That's one! Three more to go and you win the betting pool!"

Incinerate Clem. Toss chunks of the dead to the monster.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

...advance towards the (probable) sounds of screaming and dying. Attempt to foam gun the bulletproof monster so it is less capable of attacking.

The door's locked behind us and now we're all trapped (ok fine so we're not REALLY trapped, but opening this door without first killing that thing would be a terrible idea) here with the murdering machine. Sounds like a typical day on the job.
Spoiler: Jengo (click to show/hide)

I'm just awful with maps and geographic reasoning so I'm not entirely sure where exactly I am in relation to the murder room. I do know I'm not in there, though.

Oh wow, is that gunfire I hear through the walls? C'mon guys, keep it down haha! Hey... that wet thump sounded like Clem being obliterated into a wall! They're in trouble! I have no idea who is where. So so sorry. Rally the boys and prepare to sally forth into that room and save the day, or at least give their remains a proper incineration! Once we got the boys and a card (hopefully?) charge!! Shoot it with my gun and hope to hit a weakspot.
stop committing photosynthesis. Go take care of Clem, or at least put Clem out of their misery. If I think they're worth saving, use the medikit and hit them with a stimulant. Defib if necessary.

Spoiler: Qualt (click to show/hide)
Jon, Harry, Jengo, and Qualt all join Spuds in the airlock for their own reasons and Spuds sets the airlock to cycle.  Musak very helpfully plays as the airlock slowly cycles, opening a subjective century later.  Everyone piles out and into the room just in time to see the last segments of the creature's tail vanish through the doorway. [10] Qualt moves to Clem's side and finishes where Heather left off. He closes the lungs and repairs just enough to keep Clem alive for the moment, though the weird asexual mass of burnt plastic is far from safe yet.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 26, 2019, 03:22:34 pm »

Pick the right most door, it must be the right way, open it and look inside, let the other guy enter first though
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 06:01:32 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #383 on: February 26, 2019, 03:23:07 pm »

"Hey! Can one of you hardware people help me rig this FoF marker to my computing cube? I could use it to transmit the signal through your communicators, thus increasing the number of people that can use it at the same time."

With the help of someone who can handle the mechanical side (if I can't just roll tech for it), try to connect the FoF marker to my computing cube and set the signal to transmit through my communicator, thus turning our communicators into extra FoF markers.

Also, if I see Steve trying to drag Clem to the infirmary, suggest they don't do that or at least pass through the decontamination machine before doing so. I've seen enough monster movies to know you can't trust someone after they've been bitten. Or torn in half, I suppose.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 02:29:43 am by Parisbre56 »

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 26, 2019, 03:41:51 pm »

Spoiler: Jengo! (click to show/hide)

Drat! Missed all the fun. Well, most of the corpses are obliterated, so not much looting to be done, and I'm no medicine man, so I guess the best thing to do is secure the area with my Gun and wait for the others to catch up. If someone BRAVELY decides to venture forth/pursue the beast, help them out!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 26, 2019, 04:02:10 pm »

(Meant to follow those blokes last turn, but oh well)
Follow the other guys through the airlock.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #386 on: February 26, 2019, 04:41:22 pm »

"COME BACK HERE, YOU DUMB BITCH CAT!"

Chase after the Bio-Organic killing machine, shooting anything in my way.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 11:02:02 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 26, 2019, 05:14:52 pm »

Jack wanders into the room, apparently confused. Or drunk? Hard to say.
"Well, time to see what's going on."

Ready my rifle and follow the guy who just went through the right most door.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 26, 2019, 05:21:23 pm »

"Seems so, after you?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 26, 2019, 05:28:33 pm »

"Yes, probably for  the best."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 334