Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481389 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: All I want for Christmas...
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2019, 02:57:45 pm »

Get ye dog crate ready.  I believe I volunteered for this one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2019, 03:16:45 pm »

Return to the lab and wait for the next thing to come out of the teleporter.
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2019, 03:21:25 pm »

Keep aiming the sticky goop launcher at the tube. Place myself behind some cover if there is any, but preferably not near the group of people already bunching up.

If the teleport happens and anything untoward seems to occur (eg the dog doesn't teleport inside the tube but lands outside and uncontained, or it's mutated and attacks) then stick it to the floor!

"Could someone currently not keeping the teleporter at gun- or foampoint go fetch the cage please? Perhaps one of our, ah, 'legal advisers' or janitorial staff? "

Spoiler: Jion Maupin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:24:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2019, 03:23:33 pm »

Spoiler: medic (click to show/hide)

Go behind a security guy and wait for the dog.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Hotfire90

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2019, 03:37:00 pm »

Rejoin the conga line, think of what would happen if I double dosed someone with the stimulant.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2019, 03:58:02 pm »

Use my considerable intellect to prove that all pastry are in fact pancakes, which means their names are interchangeable!

Oh, and keep an eye on those idiots in the lab, I guess.
Their antics are entertaining, if nothing else.

Do we have a radio so I can berate them if I notice them doing anything stupid?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2019, 04:15:34 pm »

Hold position
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2019, 04:23:44 pm »

"Meatloaf and nutrient paste! Reconstituted, by the look of it. THese scientists live hte dream, Pathos. Put down what's left of tht chocolate cake and try some of this. Mmmm."

Eat meatloaf and Reconstituted Nutrient paste. Watch the lab events on Pathos' security feed.

"Something will go wrong. Someone is going to get mutated, or the machinery will explode, or the signal will fail. Orthere will be a duplication loop and that room will absolutely fll up with gerbils. If we're lucky, the gerbils will be mutated and will biteeverything in theroom before suddenly exploding due to unstable teleportation isotopes."

Jon chuckles, a slightly dreamy look on his face.

"We would have a hell of a time, sorting bits of gerbil from bits of lawyer, and getting the blood out of every little crevasse."

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2019, 04:24:12 pm »

Dead test subjects aren't particularly dangerous. Is there any chance that data corruption could cause the creation of dangerous chemical compounds? Is there any chance that something malevolent or alien could intercept the beam and infiltrate it?

Consider the likelihood of the following scenarios:
1: Data corruption leading to harmful radiation
2: Data corruption leading to hazardous chemicals (poisonous, acidic, flammable, reactive, all of the above...)
3: Data corruption leading to infectious disease (random mutations in virus/bacteria transferred along with the sample)
4: Data corruption leading to a violent test subject
5: Malicious intent of the package sender (teleporting a bomb or other dangerous object to us, possibly to eliminate a rival)
6: Compromising of the package sending site
7: Suborning of the package beam by a third party
8: Occult fuckery
9: All of the above at the same time

Remain some distance away from the teleporter. Prepare to visually analyze the contents of the teleported package as soon as it arrives and take measures depending on the nature of the package.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2019, 04:26:36 pm »

Spoiler: Class (click to show/hide)

Begin getting everyone's signatures on the paperwork, to avoid Legal troubles. Then set about reading the 'transdimensional' law sections in my OMNITECH Contract Notebook. Always good to keep up on the weirdness that happens elsewhere to make need of such things necessary.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:14:09 pm by TricMagic »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2019, 05:09:57 pm »

Continue staying out of it and amusing myself watching the paranoia-fueled antics. At least there's some consolation for getting dragged out of bed early.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2019, 05:12:16 pm »

"Hey, Roald, you going to make yourself useful?  Get some proper fortifications so we have a better safe zone than 'behind the crate.'"

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2019, 05:35:55 pm »

Spoiler: HAZMAT Harry, HMRC (click to show/hide)

Keep a careful watch on the scanner as the teleportation happens.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2019, 05:40:02 pm »

Follow the security team to get this cage for dog. Clean poop if any.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2019, 10:18:22 pm »

"Meatloaf and nutrient paste! Reconstituted, by the look of it. THese scientists live hte dream, Pathos. Put down what's left of tht chocolate cake and try some of this. Mmmm."

Eat meatloaf and Reconstituted Nutrient paste. Watch the lab events on Pathos' security feed.

"Something will go wrong. Someone is going to get mutated, or the machinery will explode, or the signal will fail. Orthere will be a duplication loop and that room will absolutely fll up with gerbils. If we're lucky, the gerbils will be mutated and will biteeverything in theroom before suddenly exploding due to unstable teleportation isotopes."

Jon chuckles, a slightly dreamy look on his face.

"We would have a hell of a time, sorting bits of gerbil from bits of lawyer, and getting the blood out of every little crevasse."
Pathos looked at Jon and frowned as he considered his harsh and somewhat macabre comments.
"You... You..."
Such indifference for others. Such cynicism. Such lack of faith in other humans. Such single-minded focus on his comfort and his work, somehow combining both. Such belief in his superiority and the inferiority of others. Such hatred of lawyers. What a selfish, self-absorbed man.
"I like you." he said simply, finally making a face that could be considered a smile (though was also likely to be mistaken for the start of a stroke or constipation).
He'll be fun to watch the show with. And if nothing else, he can bring me more snacks.
"But you're wrong." he continued, his face returning to smug.
"Barring occult shenanigans, there's no way this type of teleporter can misdirect or duplicate its cargo. The device in the lab essentially catches and properly arranges the received items. If the transport beam was misaligned there'd be nothing to catch the incoming items. You'd simply end up with the item colliding with something else and getting dispersed. Maybe with enough strength to fry someone or even explode part of the base depending on the beam's focus and intensity and how shoddy this place's construction is.."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:42:30 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 334