Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481923 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4020 on: August 11, 2021, 11:54:14 am »

"No, no, you're confused.  George Harrison Ford was in Star Wars.  I remember this one for sure, he was famous for being digitally resurrected to star in the thirteenth Star Wars film.  I'm talking about George Harrison, no fording involved!  Wasn't even an actor I don't think, he was some kind of scientist?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: August 11, 2021, 12:13:17 pm »

What do you all think of the vehicle Bob and I modified into what it is now? Also does anyone know why the company sent us here?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: August 11, 2021, 12:34:50 pm »

((Hey, Pancaek, Bob now has a Chevrolet movie theater in convoy with the EdPC, similarly decked out with a mascot attached to the front of it. So feel free to notice or ignore that monstrosity work of art as you like~))
((Thanks, I missed that))

Disregarding the sudden argument going on in regards to which psychologists were hacks or not, Ed finally "looks" behind him, seing the chevrolet movie theatre in his back cameras.

"I see our little caravan has grown again. That's, uh, quite the vehicle you lot have put together there. Certainly fits with our mis-mash aestethic, I quite like it. You got any kung-fu movies on that projector?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: August 11, 2021, 12:53:41 pm »

I don’t really know, I do know that if we were to be able to pick what the projector shows we might be able to confuse enemies for a bit, I don’t think we took any movies themselves

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4024 on: August 11, 2021, 02:55:09 pm »

Is…did the door eat them? Can someone tell me what the mission is? I missed how I got here and Bob seemed adamant about the car, do we give it something? See how it reacts? If at all?the theater we found was empty too, I bought a cognition copier for anyone who doesn’t have one. I’m gonna see if the gate’s a mimic, by thr9wing something at it,  e ready to reverse soon in case my guess is correct
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Throw empty plate at possible gate mimic, if it is a mimic, the plate will shatter, doing damage to it, Reverse quickly and get away from it, if it’s not a mimic, the plate will shatter, and I have space for something more useful, and I won’t have to run from a giant mimic, also try giving the hammer to whoever owned it
which one of you lent me a hammer? I still have it
Bob, did you understand my reasoning I mentioned at all?

[6]
Tara leans out the driver side window and throws an empty plate at the gate like a frisbee.  They're still a good half block away from the gate through, so even though her throw is effectively perfect the plate smashes against the asphalt a good distance from the gate. But this action doesn't seem to invoke the ire of anything nearby...so there's that.

Look at the gorewall.  How occult-y does it seem, on a scale of "nah" to "let's get the fuck away right now"?  Any useful informational tidbits that can be yanked out of Wil's brain here?

Do not touch it.  But if it doesn't seem like a bad idea for occult reasons, and nothing happens to Tara after tossing a dish, try headshotting a couple of the bodies with a Smiles rifle.  Maybe shoot the wall too.  For science.

EDIT: Also, receive and equip cognition copier from Tara.  Give her one of the looted rifles in trade. (Already edited)

"H-hey, Tara, wait!  Before you go doing anything, can you give me that cognition copier?  I lost mine last mission, I'd love to have a replacement."

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
[9]
Pretty occulty. But, curiously, not the same kind of occult bullshit that made this entire disaster zone. Its a homegrown variety created...whatever that whole mess is. In terms of strength...hard to say. Strong, but currently restrained. Likely the fact that its a gate is indicative of its usage. He's willing to bet that if they went around to the other side there would be a similar scene. The gate isn't holding something back traditionally, so to speak.

[6]
Wil pulls out one of the Smiles' rifles and takes aim. He fires a single round into the head of one of the bodies impaled near the door. The body begins moving. And then the one next to it moves. Then they're all moving, including the severed bits and pieces. Not charging for the EdPC, not assembling into a flesh golem...just writhing on the ground or where they're stuck. Then they start screaming too.

"Interesting. Horrifying. But interesting too. That is a hell of a lot of anchored consciousness linked to that door."

Is…did the door eat them? Can someone tell me what the mission is? I missed how I got here and Bob seemed adamant about the car, do we give it something? See how it reacts? If at all?the theater we found was empty too, I bought a cognition copier for anyone who doesn’t have one. I’m gonna see if the gate’s a mimic, by thr9wing something at it,  e ready to reverse soon in case my guess is correct

"I dunno who or what did this, though if I had to guess this is the 'welcome home' sign of some local gang. We did spot those guys in military fatigues and some sort of skins in this neighborhood a while back with the drone. Either way, let's try to avoid all this if we can."

Take a look at this area and the general area beyond through satellite/drone cams. Nothing out there either? And does this 'fence' stretch out all the way around where we want to go? If not, could we just plot a course around whatever this is to our destination?

Either way, have a scan of the area. Bio tracker, enviro scanner, anomaly watch, the works. 

Finally, ask our guide if he knows anything about this place.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
The aerial scans of this place reveal two things. First, the gate is pretty new as the latest scans show it mid construction. Second, the gate seems to be a singular thing. No walls to go with it.  Seems like you could just go around, if you wanted.

Biotracker picks up that the entire thing is alive. Not covered in living things, it is a single thing and it is alive. Watch...is pointing at it directly.  Scanner...well lots of movement over there now. But more interestingly it seems to be picking up things that shouldn't be there. Notably, pollen from flowering plants not native to the region. 

The guide's response to that is that he wants nothing to do with it and he knows nothing about it. And He's not getting out of the car.

"I'm not sure we need to be messing with a door like that, it's probably covered in AIDS and other diseases, and ain't nobody got time for that."
Stay in the car far from the weird door, and look at my new battery and find out how long it'll last.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Should last forever.

Don’t do anything, but be on the turret ready to start gunning if need be.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Ji trains the turret on the center of the gate and waits.

"...This looks to good to be true, hey Occult Nerd, check the gate's chakras for bad juju! I wanna see if those bodies are edible, chop-chop!"

If the gate isn't haunted, SAM will start to suction the bits and pieces off it like a vacuum. If it is haunted, SAM will make a mental note to ask Wil to send whoever built this blueball doorway to the ghost zone, and then eat bodies of the pilles that are far away from it./b]

Sam sits on her haunches and sighs. Nothing worse than when lunch is haunted. Dang it.

pull out of the loop.  Then attempt to put it in my containment pod.
"Looks pretty dangerous over there, and I still have some unfinished business at the factory. I'm going to take the guide and silverfish and then I'll come back. Unless one of you guys wants to join me instead? Seems funner than risking it with this gang."  :-\

Take the guide and silverfish to the factory so I could finish extracting that artifact and get him his first paycheck. Make sure I have a line of cable set up so the artifact's spatial distortions don't mess with my ability to navigate the building. The guide's job (or my teammate's) is to pull me out if he notices me entering the same state akanorth was previously in (I assume we rescued him from that?).

In case I'm not with the group and me and akanorth were left behind, pull akanorth out of his fugue state by walking a circle around him, wrapping my cable around him this way, and then literally pulling him away from the orb by pulling in the cable.

Either way, once one of the above is done, begin extracting the orb like I outlined in my previous turn:

Baldwin heads out to look for an empty shipping crate, preferably a metal one. An abandoned factory should be full of these, how else are they to send their stuff? He then turns the crate upside down and looks for some rod to prop it up with. Basically he creates a giant box trap like in this spoiler minus the rope*.

Baldwin will look at the orb's trajectory and try to predict where it will go (since you previously stated that it bounced around like a screensaver). He will set up the trap in such a way that the orb will go inside the box and collide with one of its walls. This should cause enough force to disturb the rod and make the crate fall down, trapping the orb inside. If the ball bounces off the box without making it fall, throw a big rock at the box instead. That should create enough force to trigger the trap and nab us the orb.

Once the orb has been boxed, Baldwin will walk a complete circle around the box and return to his starting position. This will make the cable around his waist wrap around the box, which should allow us to transport the box by manipulating the cable. Friction should drag the unsealed lid along as well.

The next step after this will be to seal the box, but I will do that in the next turn. I want to see how this first part turns out. Maybe it will be faster if I do this over discord or PM?

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)

Baldwin lassos Akanorth and yanks him out of the way before attempting his own capture method. Long story short of that particular method; it works right up until the box gets trapped in an infinite
"Fall", moving infinitely towards the orb but never reaching it.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: August 11, 2021, 03:29:52 pm »

Then I Rejoin the team
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 05:30:48 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: August 11, 2021, 04:31:10 pm »

((I doubt that I'm standing close enough to the artifact for a mere push to actually take me in, but if you're going to try to kill me, then I'm going to pay you back in kind. Especially after I just rescued you.

EDIT: Of course you edit out your murder attempt. Had a feeling that was going to happen, but I’m surprised it didn’t happen sooner. My action is conditional thankfully so I don’t need to change it. It looks like we’ll both be leaving peacefully together, but who knows when you’ll strike again))

Retaliate against any attacks made against me with my occult knife. Then leave the building and return to the team, taking my cable harness and the only means of escaping with me.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 06:23:36 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: August 11, 2021, 05:51:01 pm »

We didn’t do this to you, are you one consciousness now or many? If you are still individuals, maybe I can cut you loose, hopefully ending your suffering
Tara drives to the nearest screaming corpse in one piece and tries cutting it away from the impaling, hopefully dodging any flailing
I’m trying to help you, please don’t hurt me, I might be able to free you from the gate. If you are the gate’s consciousness, think of this like mitosis or budding

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: August 11, 2021, 05:58:09 pm »

Keep being ready to shoot the corpses if they decide to be unfriendly.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:29:53 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: August 11, 2021, 06:38:00 pm »

"Well this sucks. Do you think you can summon another ghost kaiju if whatever is sealed here decides to eat us, Wilfred?"

SAM climbs on top of the EdPC for safety, she won't get swarmed by undead she tells you that much

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: August 11, 2021, 07:50:43 pm »

Bob follows tar out of the Chevrolet Movie Theater and is ready to bite zombie gate corpse and death roll if it attacks Tara.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: August 12, 2021, 03:20:34 am »

The aerial scans of this place reveal two things. First, the gate is pretty new as the latest scans show it mid construction.
Who made this then? And was it already in the process of being filled with gore then, or did that come later?

In fact, look at those latest scans again into the area beyond it. Any other similar gates being constructed elsewhere? Any other occult shenanigans I can spot?

Second, the gate seems to be a singular thing. No walls to go with it.  Seems like you could just go around, if you wanted.
Does it seem likely that there is a sort of invisible perimeter that has some sort of effect, with the gate being the only 'physical' manifestation of the barrier? Or more likely that this is indeed just a single thing on its own? Ask Wil for some feedback here, he's a smart haunted cookie.

Oh, and can I find anything about those pollen? What kind of plants for example?

"Careful there Tara, don't get pulled into... whatever all that is.

Also, if we can avoid this by driving around it, we'll be doing that. Wil, what do you think, does this thing or its effects stretch out beyond?"

« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 04:18:58 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: August 12, 2021, 03:57:56 am »

"I'm not liking this thing and want nothing to do with it."
Be ready to man a turret in case the weird wall decides to eat us or something.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: August 12, 2021, 09:52:17 am »

"Careful there Tara, don't get pulled into... whatever all that is.

Also, if we can avoid this by driving around it, we'll be doing that. Wil, what do you think, does this thing or its effects stretch out beyond?"

They’re in so much pain. The gate might be trapping their spirits inside. The ones at the outposts didn’t have bodies, they couldn’t feel pain. I hope they eventually find a place of rest. These ones are in pain, I hope I can help them

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: August 13, 2021, 03:45:06 am »

They’re in so much pain. The gate might be trapping their spirits inside. The ones at the outposts didn’t have bodies, they couldn’t feel pain. I hope they eventually find a place of rest. These ones are in pain, I hope I can help them
"Who cares if they're in pain, they aren't any of us so why mess with them, and who knows what kind of STDs you could get from touching that thing and we don't need you bringing that kind of thing into the EDPC."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 334