Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483084 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Welcome Home.
« Reply #2940 on: December 17, 2020, 01:06:59 am »

((Tara has mechanical, but not much of it she will use it since Yagyu is a robot))
((good way for the d4 mechanical squishy to get bit by the d10 mechanical alligator. Bob likes Tara, but Bob is a professional, and is serious about his profession.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2941 on: December 17, 2020, 11:04:28 am »

"Come on. Flooding the sector was a great idea. Just imagine blowing up the doors and surfing into the room!"

Throw the bomb in through the hole. Or just put it on the door. Whatever works best.
((I'm not a bomb expert, I just play one on TV.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #2942 on: December 17, 2020, 11:41:38 am »

Ed will get as far away as possible from the door and play dead. Stay away from the door and wait for others to open the door. Get to cover and wait for the door to open. Get out of that doorway and around the corner in case more surprises are coming. Just stand WELL back. And in strong cover just in case.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2943 on: December 17, 2020, 09:45:14 pm »

EEED is nothing if not attentive to the will of his true self.

"I see the truth! We live in a prison of eyes! There is no respite from their gaze! Wake up, sheeple!"

Do as ED bids, and make everyone, including the people on the other side of the obstructions, aware that they live in a surveillance state.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
[3]
EEED begins marching about, loudly professing his belief that they all live in a surveillance state.  He does this as though it is a revelation, pointing in an exaggerated fashion at all the cameras nested in the ceilings and walls and faces of his teammates.

Everyone hears this and...basically not only agrees with him but considers it blatantly obvious. Like saying "We live on a planet" or "Air is important".

He isn't sure how the people behind the barricade take it but they probably agree, if agreeing is something they're physically capable of.

"No shit Triple-E, that's what happens when you let the GOVERNMENT infringe on your natural right to kidnap and experiment on orphans. It's a slippery slope I tell ya."

Sam will get as far away as possible from the door and play dead. She didn't major in laser surgery to get killed by a laser.
Sam, still covered in some watered down blood, slumps down into a corner and attempts to avoid dramatic irony through being very uninteresting.

"Oh great Durp's got a damned death ray."
Stay away from the door and wait for others to open the door, and keep my gun ready.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Burt stacks up in what he thinks is the best place and waits.

"Now, I don't wanna be a downer here, but this is the SECOND trap on that door.  Second. These things always go in threes right? Is there like a big mouse trap or maybe a comical 10 ton weight balanced on the door up there or something?"

Get to cover and wait for the door to open.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
Ji stands next to Burt by the door and gestures for a cigarette for a moment before remembering she doesn't smoke. Or a mouth. Or lungs for that matter.

Ed will get as far away as possible from the door and play dead. Stay away from the door and wait for others to open the door. Get to cover and wait for the door to open. Get out of that doorway and around the corner in case more surprises are coming. Just stand WELL back. And in strong cover just in case.

Ed wanders over to Sam.

"Room for one more?"

Sam remains lifeless.

"Splendid!"

Ed slumps down next to her.

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Assist Sam in healing Yagyu
well, that laser’s going to be a problem.
Chase the bipeds away from Yagyu and do the repairs, Bob style. Expend my own toolkit charge rather than one of Yagyu's. Stare meaningfully at the water valve and grumble the whole time about lost opportunities.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
[5] Tara moves to help Yagyu but is gently -gently for a crocodile- shoved out of the way as Bob replaces her.  He looks at the hole in Yagyu's torso and after a moment's consideration -is it consideration? his face is unreadable, he's a fucking crocodile- hacks up a squeeze bottle of some kind of epoxy putty. He squeezes it between his jaws until the cap bursts off and the contents squirt into the hole...and all over the area around it...and generally all over his chest and face.  Bob then slaps at the goo with his clumsy croc-claws until he pats the filling in the hole mostly flat and scale imprinted.  Satisfied, he tosses the container and opens his mouth, waiting for a bird to come clean it.

"Thank you for the hand Burt, not sure how I missed that valve, but good spot nonetheless.

Ok ya'll so I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that they have a big ol' ambush waiting for us on the other side, with a roadblock welded to the door and wall and automated sensors and a FUCKING LASER and who knows what else. Also there are people hiding around the corners down the hall, no doubt to fuck with us. The bad news is that I just lied and there is actually no good news. Sorry.

Now, we could just blow up this door and clear the traps, then deal with the fools if they survive the explosion. I personally don't think our target will be among the people waiting for us, he doesn't seem like the type to be on the frontlines like that, though we'll want to not overdo it with the explosion just in case. I don't know how he's controlling them right now though, the jammer is still on so not with those earpieces at least.

We could also try to pipe in the sleepy gas first through that hole to soften up the resistance a bit first, buuuut after the difficulties last time I don't think that's something I wanna deal with again.

Spiderboy, you still have that mining explosive I gave you ago, right? Would you be so kind as to do the honors?"

14:07] Radio Controlled: @Piecewise some people seem to be trying to heal Yagyu using their medical knowledge. However, iirc you said before that repairing a robobody rolls mechanical and not medical. Could you confirm if this is correct or not?
[14:10] Piecewise: ye
[14:10] Piecewise: mechanical

Get out of that doorway and around the corner in case more surprises are incoming. Bat away the good souls trying to heal Yagyu if they're trying to do so with their medical knowledge, since that's not actually gonna help much (see above, from discord). However, if anyone wants to help using mechanical know-how, let them, and in fact give them a toolkit charge to do so. If not then just try it myself, again with a toolkit charge if applicable.

Help people if they need mechanical help with setting up a bomb, if not just stand WELL back. And in strong cover just in case.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu helpfully scoops his otherwise oblivious helpers up...well he scoops up Tara and drags Bob by the tail...and moves out of the potential blast range.

"Come on. Flooding the sector was a great idea. Just imagine blowing up the doors and surfing into the room!"

Throw the bomb in through the hole. Or just put it on the door. Whatever works best.
((I'm not a bomb expert, I just play one on TV.))

[8]
Pathos takes the mining explosive and carefully- but very quickly -affixes it to the scaffolding beyond the door before skittering back over to Yagyu.

"Good job. Now we just have to stack up in the right place and..."

"Its on a timer."

"Wha...ok how long do we-"

He's cut off somewhat when the charge explodes and the combination of the explosion and the sound of metal bars being ballistically hurled down a metal hall overwhelms the speech to text censors.  Everyone gets a description of [EARTH SHATTERING KABOOM!] and the entire world seems to shake around them for a moment.

"-3 seconds" Pathos replies as Yagyu pulls himself back to his feet.

Ji and Burt are the only ones in any real position to peek down the hall and see what happened. There's no smoke, the blast was apparently quite clean, but it tore the hastily assembled metal frame to pieces and threw it down the hall like a hundred cannon ball spears. They're all laying scattered and bent to shit against the far antechamber wall, several have pierced straight into  the wall or door over there. If there are people waiting to ambush them around the corners, they weren't hit and aren't popping out.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #2944 on: December 17, 2020, 10:48:34 pm »

"Dibs on any bodies."

Sam will enter the room and see if there's anything of value inside it like weapons, drugs, women, money, drugs, bodies or drugs, but not before waiting for someone else to go inside it and kill everyone first just in case.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 05:27:17 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: December 18, 2020, 02:54:28 am »

Why do you want bodies?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: December 18, 2020, 03:38:48 am »

EEED considers this revelation in the midst of his head continuing to ring from the explosion. Everyone around him was aware of all the eyes upon them? Admittedly, he was as well, but not in such a ... visceral sense. He could feel them on his skin, their sight sinking through his pores.

This merited moral consultation.

Meditate upon the fact of our constant surveillance with ED as my guide. I have made it known, but is this state a just or evil thing? Must I unmake it as I do all things of WV? Or instead propagate it, ensuring that nothing is ever unobserved again? What is right?

Oh, and make sure to idly follow the group if they wander off somewhere.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: December 18, 2020, 05:28:01 am »

"Quality work as always, Bobman. I'd ask how you managed to produce that bottle of epoxy, but honest to god I'd rather not know. You too Pathos, clean 'splosion.

Making our way through those puppets while remaining at a safe framerate is gonna be... tough. I'll try to get an idea of where they are hiding, maybe we can use suppressive fire to let us advance safely. Will, right now that auto-aim feature would be handy, but please for the love of all that is holy don't just enable it again in the middle of your teammates."

Fishies for Bob. And a head pat, if that won't get my hand bitten clean of.

Poke the scanner around the corner after the (apparently proverbial) smoke clears, first in heat vision mode to try and get a better idea around which corners specifically there are people hiding. Also try other scanning modes if that doesn't give a clear indication.

Are there any side halls or doors close after this doorway we could slip without being in that hallway for very long? In case we wanna try to go for a flank.

That Transient Psychokinetic stimulant that the late Richter had on him, did it survive his death? If yes, could someone use this to simultaneously pull multiple people? Idea being that one person uses this to just pull those people into the hallway after which other people can open fire on them. Oh, and if taken together with a stimulant, could they have an adverse reaction?

Using that flammable fuel, some toolkit charges and maybe those flares, could we make some good molotov cocktails? If yes, are the people waiting to ambush us in throwing range right now (not sure if you gave a distance)? And what would throwing these roll, explosive? Dex? Strength maybe?

Finally, using stuff lying around here, could we make a decently strong shield/barrier that would give good protection against small arms, on wheels so we can push it forward?

((sorry if it's a lot))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 05:43:32 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: December 18, 2020, 07:48:34 am »

"Fucking FINALLY!  My time is now!  Pathos, be ready to turn me off if the chant stops!  And HEY!  CULTIST BASTARDS!  I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU WERE BEFORE, YOU'RE ALL DERP TO ME NOW!  FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP, FUCK DERP!"

Disable 0.2 FPS mode and enter the door, shooting anything that moves (and isn't still an ally), while screaming invectives.  Once ahead of all teammates, the robot can take over for Wil, and he'll swap back to 0.2 FPS mode.

Also, Pathos is allowed backdoor access into Wil's body.  Wil will not resist his attempts to turn him off.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: None to speak of~
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Robots don't eat!
Touch: Pressure sensors apparently don't count.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: December 18, 2020, 07:50:41 am »

Do a quick spotcheck to see if the lazer gun survived the explosion. Otherwise have my rifle and razor ready to attack any thralls and/or help Yagyu with his plans.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: December 18, 2020, 09:44:02 am »

"I guess its time to do the thing we've come here for."
Stay with the group and have my gun ready to shoot any one that isn't a part of it.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: December 18, 2020, 10:37:14 am »

Bob

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: December 18, 2020, 03:15:26 pm »

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Go through the door and goop anyone attacking us

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: December 18, 2020, 05:20:10 pm »

Why do you want bodies?
"Become as gods, there's your answer. No, I will not elaborate."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: December 19, 2020, 07:39:08 am »

Play dead, while still somehow sticking with the group..

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 334