Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 484911 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Static Sea
« Reply #1005 on: July 01, 2019, 05:38:33 pm »

"Oh yeah? And how are you going to do that?  You gonna throw coffee beans at me?"
Keep arguing with the pot.

See if there's a copilot seat or similar I can use with some sort of computer or multi-function-display, then use it to recalibrate the thrust output and vectors in a manner that compensates for the uneven thrust.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 01, 2019, 05:45:56 pm »

Scream and cry and shoot the turret at everything outside that so much as moves, shifts, exists, or allows itself to be perceived.  Also shoot everything else.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 01, 2019, 06:26:10 pm »

Scream and cry and shoot the turret at everything outside that so much as moves, shifts, exists, or allows itself to be perceived.  Also shoot everything else.

You really want to shoot everything else not outside the ship? That includes everyone inside the ship

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 01, 2019, 07:31:57 pm »

I suspect he's attacking anything lit up by the static.  And then attacking the darkness.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 01, 2019, 07:51:33 pm »

I suspect he's attacking anything lit up by the static.  And then attacking the darkness.
It is good to clarify. Thank you

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 01, 2019, 08:02:03 pm »

Comfort KitKat when she gets scared. Keep an eye out for external threats. Shoot at anything that looks nasty.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 02, 2019, 07:11:32 am »

"I think we might need an actual pilot."
"What? I totally got this. I just need to point us toward the thing, and away from that other thing. So, if you see a thing, let me know!"

"Okay, okay, it's yours. I'm not touching it. You shoot stuff ... and where on earth did that pilot learn to fly?"
"What pilot? why does everyone keep talking about a pilot? Did we bring one of those along?"

"wait, why did we let a Janitor be pilot? Also, if I remembered correctly, we'll just pop back into our universe in a little bit, so no need for directions."
"Oh. Well, in that case, does anyone need to get out to pee? Better make it fast before we violently rematerialize in a spectacular pyrotechnic display! You do NOT want to be tinkling when THAT happens!"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 02, 2019, 10:06:10 am »

"Great, at this rate we're gonna get stuck in the fucking Twilight Zone."
Keep sitting in my seat, its not like I can help with anything.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 02, 2019, 10:09:17 am »

"Oh. Well, in that case, does anyone need to get out to pee? Better make it fast before we violently rematerialize in a spectacular pyrotechnic display! You do NOT want to be tinkling when THAT happens!"
"Oh, I do hope we don't explode. can anybody with technical skill tell us if we'll be okay when we get back?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 02, 2019, 02:17:39 pm »

"Would of been nice to have had things be fine for at least 5 minutes. Now, looks like I have a shuttle to fly."

Go throw whoever is the pilot and take their seat, taking control of the shuttle. Make sure the shuttle makes it through without any more damage and not die from landing.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 01:46:38 pm by Tavik Toth »

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 02, 2019, 04:08:19 pm »

"Oh, I do hope we don't explode. can anybody with technical skill tell us if we'll be okay when we get back?"

Tom: (in between trying to ascertain damage) "I'd check with a magic 888 ball on that. It probably knows that better than I do."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 02, 2019, 04:17:23 pm »

"They said we would be here temporarily, but come out at some point, although I think I heard there could be a small chance of us being trapped here, too, hence why I'm searching for hazards outside:

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #1017 on: July 02, 2019, 06:52:03 pm »

"Most likely we will pass through this phase without incident, return to our own world, and then crash and die due to the damage sustained."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1018 on: July 03, 2019, 02:51:50 pm »

See if my hazard scanner picks up anything in the static

[4]
The Hazard detector is reading nothing particularly dangerous in terms of emissions or particulate or anything, but it does say that the current motions could cause nausea.

"Would of been nice to have had things be fine for at least 5 minutes."

Stay in seat while making a technical assessment of the ship so far.

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
[2]
Jack sits in his chair and nods to no one in particular before speaking up, again to no one in particular.

"This is just some turbulence, I'm sure the captain knows what he's doing."

"Great, at this rate we're gonna get stuck in the fucking Twilight Zone."
Keep sitting in my seat, its not like I can help with anything.
"THERE'S SOMETHING  ON THE WING! SOME....THING!   Ahhh just joking, there's no wing out there anymore! Ha ha ha..ha."

Comfort KitKat when she gets scared. Keep an eye out for external threats. Shoot at anything that looks nasty.
Kitkat is giggling and holding her arms up as though this is just a big roller coaster, seemingly completely unafraid. Lance does his best to keep an eye out, though its hard given the circumstances.

The situation is hard.

Don't misrepresent me.

Rezel screams incoherently and holds the trigger on his gun down, whipping it around erratically and spraying rounds off into the static void with no real target other than his own fear.

"Oh yeah? And how are you going to do that?  You gonna throw coffee beans at me?"
Keep arguing with the pot.

See if there's a copilot seat or similar I can use with some sort of computer or multi-function-display, then use it to recalibrate the thrust output and vectors in a manner that compensates for the uneven thrust.

"Ah, good. this is going better than I'd hoped. Let's see ... DID ANYONE GET DIRECTIONS TO THE NEXT UNIVERSE? Never mind, I'll just take a left. I'm sure we can ask for directions at the next rest stop."
Turn off the lights again. Take a left. Find a rest stop, or a universe or something. Look for some eject buttons, in case the passengers get crankier than the Murder Pot.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

I WILL SCALD YOU SO BADLY YOUR FLESH MELTS OFF AND THEN YOU WILL BE MADE FUN OF BY NEWS SHOWS AND RADIO HOSTS BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THE SEVERITY OF THE BURNS AND WILL INSTEAD MOCK WHAT THEY BELIEVE IS A MINOR INJURY!

"Yeah yeah yeah."

Pathos attempts to get into the single seat cockpit and wrestle Jon out of the way.

[4v8]
Jon successfully fends off the attempts of the anemic nerd to man handle him out of his chair.
[1]
Jon gets on the PA and screams to be heard over the static.

"GREETINGS EVERYONE THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING. LET ME JUST GET A QUICK DRINK OF BOURBON...ALRIGHT SO WE ARE CURRENTLY CRUISING IN A SORT OF CIRCULAR MANNER THROUGH WHAT I THINK IS SOME SORT OF BLACK AND WHITE NIGHTMARE DIMENSION. HOLD ON."

He presses his foot against Pathos' face and shoves him back.

"APOLOGIES, WE HAVE HIJACKERS UP HERE WITH TINY BABY ARMS. WE'VE REACHED WHAT I GUESS IS NORMAL ALTITUDE FOR THIS SO I'M JUST GONNA TURN OFF THE LIGHTS, OXYGEN, AND...WELL WHATEVER THESE SWITCHES OVER HERE DO. THE HIJACKER WILL BE SERVING DRINKS AND SNACKS JUST AS SOON AS I STOP STEALING ALL OF THEM. SO NEVER.  SIT BACK, RELAX, DIE OF HYPOXIA, AND ENJOY THE FLIGHT UNTIL I FIND THE BUTTON THAT EJECTS YOU INTO THE SCREAMING VOID.  THIS ONE LOOKS PROMISING~"

Lets say 5.
Oki, getting 2 then, ya grok?

Use earplugs if interference is loud enough to damage/disorient.

If there is damage to the ship that is reachable/fixable from the inside and that hampers progress, try to fix it.

If not, use scanner to see if I can pick up anything in this mess that might point us in the right direction.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

I grok it.

All things considered "Problems that can be fixed inside the ship" can probably be interpreted to include Jon.
[4v10]
Jon puts both Pathos and Yagyu in a headlock and starts piloting with his feet.

"THE WEAK SHOULD FEAR THE STRONG!"

"I think we might need an actual pilot."

Pop a stim, because this looks bad.

Spuds watches everything unfold. He blinks once, slowly. Then he pops a stim, so that he has a better chance of surviving...whatever is coming next.

"Okay, okay, it's yours. I'm not touching it. You shoot stuff ... and where on earth did that pilot learn to fly?"
Assist Yagyu with any repairs I can safely help with. I don't have a space suit, and I'm not sure there's an airlock anyway, so anything outside would qualify as an unsafe repair. Consider whether the phase space interface we hit was necessary for us to get back out of this dimension.

((Just a suggestion, but someone should probably check for life support issues / pressurization leaks. Might be totally unnecessary, but better to know now rather than when the half of the crew not wearing space suits suffocates. I would do it, but I'd like to make sure the ship doesn't blow up first))

[4]
Tom considers the situation.

The interface doesn't necessarily have to be actively functioning...The ship was probably given a certain amount of energy so that it will phase back out into normal space within a certain period of time.  Normally this is calculated so that  the ship will move a certain distance during that time and then reappear a certain distance away in normal space. However the ship is spinning out of control so....if this ship doesn't get course corrected soon it might reappear in an asteroid or worse, hundreds of thousands of miles from anything.  The important part now has to be getting it back under control.

[6]
Considering the situation the cockpit, Tom decides to do things the more difficult way. He opens a panel and gets into the control system for the engines. He shifts the thrust so that the two wings on the undamaged side are equal to the damaged one.  The ship starts to even out but...there's still no telling what direction is the right way or how much distance is left.

"wait, why did we let a Janitor be pilot? Also, if I remembered correctly, we'll just pop back into our universe in a little bit, so no need for directions."
Blake takes a look at the place where the wing tore off. Is there a hole in the ship? is there an interdimensional alien trying to get in? if there's a hole, put on the space suit and tell the engineers. if not, just keep chillin'
Blake yawns.

Not his problem.

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

look around shoot anything that gets close to the ship.

Steve remains ready but....nothing comes at him.

Familiarize myself with the threat analyzer, does it work passively or do I need to actively scan for threats?

Check for threats and analyze how threatening the situation is.

Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Heather finds that the threat analyzer requires an active scan, so she tests it out.

Currently Jon is rated as a "Significant" in terms of threat while the entire situation is rated as..."We hope you filled out a will."

"Looks like we're ahead of schedule on things going wrong. Good job everyone, keep up the fine work!"

Where are we? Keep an eye out for 'collectables' out in the void.

There appears to be nothing solid in this world, but its very hard to tell honestly. Everything is flickering so there might be solid things that just aren't visible easily against the equally flickering background.

The lights in the ship go out and the Oxygen supply suddenly starts decreasing with an audible hiss.

Hotfire90

« Reply #1019 on: July 03, 2019, 03:11:08 pm »

"My threat analysis has analyzed the situation and... it's asking us if we filled out our wills yet. I hope you all brought space suits." Heather says with a cheerful smile on her face.

"There is one more significant threat, and that's our pilot. Jon, give up your pilot seat or I will have to forcibly remove you from that seat."

Forcibly remove Jon from the pilot's seat if he refuses to give up the seat willingly. Give cheerful commentary as the situation develops.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 334