Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Town of Salem Mafia [7/7]  (Read 18487 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Town of Salem Mafia [7/7]
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2019, 06:44:11 pm »

Sorry for the absences, I was a bit busy in the afternoon. I should be free for the rest of this day though. People aren't as active here as the last game so there aren't many reads to make but at the same time things are a lot more civil.

It's good to see Leodanny posting again, but he hasn't really said anything of substance yet. This is likely due to inexperience, but even inexperienced players can be mafia.

Still, what worries me more is actually Pavellius. He posted twice at the start of the game, but then he quickly disappeared. This is actually a rather good scum tactic, since if you lurk completely then you start to draw a lot of attention like LeoDanny over here. If you do what Pavellius does though, it's possible that people may ignore you for the entirety of the first day.

Case in point, If I didn't point it out, you guys would have completely ignored him.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2019, 06:49:13 pm »

So, gotta go for today. Also, I used the wrong name, and meant heydude here:
So the question is, if you think that hector’s reasoning is scummy, why do you agree with it?
Two h-names trips me up.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2019, 06:51:03 pm »

Not really.. He, you, and Leodanny are the ones in the lurk category.

That said, would you care to post, Pavellius?

??? Leodanny.. Don't think you can just leave without anything of substance either.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2019, 06:56:28 pm »

Blinks

Well..

Main explanation for that is his opinion is exactly that, his. I... Really?

At least finish the thought, man. His opinion is why you're voting for him, and you have yet to explain why that makes him scum, beyond your gut. I will accept gut feeling, but you haven't asked him anything to making your gut feeling more substantial, based on fact. Like I keep saying, you look like you agreed with him after you conversed with him, but you're still voting for him, and you haven't told me why, which is why I'm voting for you.

As either alignment your play doesn't make sense, because you don't want me voting for you, but you're not giving me a reason to move it.

PPE: I now don't understand why you've moved your vote away. We're 6 hours from deadline, you said heydude is likely scum, but now you put a pressure vote on Leodanny. Alongside piratejoe, the other person I think is scum. Are you trying to make a connection with piratejoe or distance yourself from him..?

Is Leodanny your number one scumpick?

Upon reflection of this post, still no guarantee that he isn't scum.

There are no guarantees that any of us aren't scum until we flip, or the game ends :P

This doesn't really mean anything though, since that's the post from which you're saying he's scum in the first place. Did anything change about what you saw in that post? If so, what?

As a question, if you and heydude were Mafia, would you set up the question/volley as you did?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "question/volley" (I assume "I will ask question x, you will make response y"?) and while I don't like revealing my thoughts on my meta, I prefer my scum play to be organic, so it's unlikely I'd set anything up with my partner.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2019, 07:00:47 pm »

As for the #lynchTric2019 campaign, I think Hector is attacking Tric a little too harshly. As I've mentioned before, Tric tends to draw a lot of unneeded attention to himself regardless of his actual alignment. Whether Tric is accusing me because he thinks an honest answer to a question is a scum tell, or because he wants to discredit my opinion, he will act the same in either scenario. I feel like once we start getting some role flips, it will be easier to figure out whos side he's actually on.

Ninjaed 3 times
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2019, 07:04:10 pm »

Updated votecount

Quote from: Votebox
TricMagic (1) - hector13
Leodanny (1) - piratejoe, Tricmagic
piratejoe (1) - IcyTea31
Pavellius (1) - heydude6
Not Voting: Leodanny, Pavellius,

Day ends at 11:59pm (FST) Thursday January 31st
Extend (2 of 4)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2019, 07:04:27 pm »

You seem to think Tric is town, then? What makes you say that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2019, 07:27:45 pm »

I haven't made any final decision regarding Tric yet. I'm just saying that in past when people started brigading against him, we regretted it. I've seen scum!Tric play too before, and he isn't very good at that either. He was one of the first lynches in that game, but the town happened to be right that time. I have no way of telling which is which right now. That's why I want to wait a little before passing judgement.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2019, 07:35:31 pm »

The one thing I'm worried about with Tric right now is him voting with piratejoe for Leodanny. I already said my top two picks are Tric and piratejoe, so I don't know if scum!Tric is trying to distance himself from scum!piratejoe or buddying up to town!piratejoe.

I'm not sure if town!Tric would do that, because it looks like a pressure vote, and it's so unbelievably late in the day to be putting pressure votes on someone that also make them the possible lynchee.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2019, 07:36:52 pm »

Unvote. Doesn't look like piratejoe is on the chopping block yet. I still find the early push against hector odd and possible evidence for a scum-pair with Tric.

Case in point, If I didn't point it out, you guys would have completely ignored him.
I did note reactive play in my reads. It's less scummy than what TricMagic did in this and this post, however: upon having his argument deconstructed, he gives a one-liner deflection and goes after the lurkers, without even asking substantial questions.

Quote from: Votebox
TricMagic (2) - hector13, IcyTea31
Leodanny (2) - piratejoe, Tricmagic
Pavellius (1) - heydude6
Not Voting: Leodanny, Pavellius,

Day ends at 11:59pm (FST) Thursday January 31st
Extend (2 of 4)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2019, 07:44:54 pm »

I already said my top two picks are Tric and piratejoe, so I don't know if scum!Tric is trying to distance himself from scum!piratejoe or buddying up to town!piratejoe.
possible evidence for a scum-pair with Tric.
Buddying, pairs: one of scum's most powerful tools is teamwork: they can coordinate with and trust each other. This means that if you see two (or more) players supporting each other too much in the day, especially early in the game, it's suspicious. (Yes, as I and hector just did, though in this case it's just a coincidence we said the same arguments within a minute of each other.)
Distancing: to avoid the above tell, scum players might take deliberate actions against each other in the day. This is harder to detect as town, but is good to remember as a possibility.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2019, 07:50:17 pm »

Things, do not look to be the best with Leodanny not voting and seeming gone for the day, and Pavellius, somewhere. And it's my time to go to bed too.

It would take everyone currently voting but 1 to lynch someone like this.. So unless an extend occurs, there isn't much chance of a lynch today..

No way else to put it but night.. I'm keeping my vote on Leodanny, that is not how you participate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2019, 07:50:43 pm »

*cough* yes, I meant to explain those concepts in my post, yes... *ahem*

It's a touch suspect though, that you were earlier complaining the votes were tied and you've just done it again with that one, with 5 hours left of the day.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2019, 08:03:43 pm »

It would take everyone currently voting but 1 to lynch someone like this.. So unless an extend occurs, there isn't much chance of a lynch today..
Reread the setup: plurality is enough to lynch.

No way else to put it but night.. I'm keeping my vote on Leodanny, that is not how you participate.
Be honest. You're voting for Leodanny to deadlock the vote to cover your arse, not as a policy vote against lurking. That would be odd considering we got him to talk, double-odd in that that talk was a question towards you, that you answered.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2019, 08:06:16 pm »

*poke*

IcyTea

It's a touch suspect though, that you were earlier complaining the votes were tied and you've just done it again with that one, with 5 hours left of the day.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16