Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Town of Salem Mafia [7/7]  (Read 18492 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Town of Salem Mafia [7/7]
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2019, 05:06:27 pm »

The split vote is nasty. Someone should probably change.
If there's a tie vote, no one will be lynched. I'm just clarifying, in case you thought all four would be lynched.

Quote from: Votebox
TricMagic (1) - hector13
heydude6 (1) - TricMagic
Leodanny (1) - piratejoe
piratejoe (1) - IcyTea31

Not Voting: Leodanny, Pavellius, heydude6

Day ends at 11:59pm (FST) Thursday January 31st
Extend (2 of 4)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2019, 05:09:59 pm »

Yeah Leodanny hasn't been active since before the game started, that's not so good.

Anyway, we're approaching the end of the day, about 10.5 hours from the timestamp of this post, and we don't... have all that much.

Until TricMagic responds about my concerns regarding him seemingly agreeing with the reason heydude is voting for him while simultaneously thinking it's scummy, my vote stays where it is.
Yeah, not good is accurate, and not having much is also accurate seeing how the most active would be you, me, and Icy tea.

What are your reads on these players?

I didn't say I wanted Tric lynched, at least not in the post I voted him. In my view there's a difference between voting someone and wanting them lynched. Back then I was voting him, now I'm okay with him being lynched, at least while I'm confuddled over his reasons for voting heydude. It just looks like a pre-emptive OMGUS to me.
Yes, I know you didn't say it, but you could have wanted to but not stated it until you felt the time was right to make that vote official. I think you get what I'm trying to say.

Not really, since what you said here is pretty much how the vote panned out, and this makes it seem you think that makes me more likely to be scum.

What are your thoughts?

You haven't really tried to get information off me since I voted Tric though. You questioned me about it, made some comments, then I took the lead with the questions.
I actually have been by reading your responses, its not much but its something. Though, since it might get something more substantial in the dying hours of the day, I'll directly ask you some things.

1. Who do you suspect and who do you trust? Can you post a list like Icy Tea did?

I'm not a big fan of D1 reads lists, particularly given the lack of activity we've had.

I suspect Tric the most, because his reason for voting heydude does not make sense, and I'm inclined to think you are more likely scum than town. IcyTea has been forthcoming with his views regarding others, and Pavellius' few responses feel more town-ish than not. heydude put some thought into their response to my question but their question to Leodanny could come across a little bit as scum asking what not to do to avoid their vote. Leodanny hasn't been active enough to get a read either way.

Anyway, I guess I can list it, from scum to town:

TricMagic
piratejoe
heydude
Leodanny
Pavellius
IcyTea

2. What kind of key information do you hope to gain by next morning?

This one smells a lot like rolefishing.

Rolefishing is asking questions that are geared more toward figuring out someone's role (whether they're a doctor, sheriff etc.) as opposed to their alignment. I think our site meta here considers it to be more on the scummy side of things, but it can be useful for certain roles to know which other roles are there, for example a doctor may want to find a cop to protect.

3. What do you worry will happen by next morning?

Also a bit rolefishy, but the worst thing that can happen for town is to have an investigative role killed during the night.

4. If Tric was lynched, and he came out town, how would you feel about that?

Less than thrilled. If scum get an unchalleneged kill off during the night, that might put us in MyLo territory.

MyLo means Mislynch and Lose. Basically it means if the town don't lynch a mafia player, they will lose the game if the mafia team survive the night and kill a town player. One thing to do in this situation is to vote for a No Lynch, meaning the town get an opportunity to flush out scum for another night and day. However, the potential presence of a vigilante makes things a bit more awkward.

Spoiler: hector13 on roles (click to show/hide)

Had to be a bit quick toward the end, things are getting busy for me.

PPE:

Mostly to give others time to read/talk/decide for themselves. heydude just kinda posted for a bit, then went silent. And Leodanny just has a couple of posts right now. Still nothing from them. I stick by my gut feeling on heydude at the moment though.

Your vote still doesn't make sense to me. You seem to agree with what he says, but think that's scummy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2019, 05:22:48 pm »

??

Don't quite understand what you're implying, hector. Looking over his posts again, of which there are few other than talking about me, he still feels scummy. Why point out those things, if you aren't casting doubt on that person.

So, what am I agreeing with?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2019, 05:36:11 pm »

Ignore, didn’t read stuff.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 05:39:06 pm by Leodanny »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2019, 05:38:01 pm »

For exposure

what in the...(is my first reaction)

Then I realize that's answering Roseheart's question, but that just brings more. Who do you think is scummy, and who seems most town to you?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2019, 05:43:57 pm »

Sure. Icytea and hector look towny, they are scum hunting.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2019, 05:45:57 pm »

That.. Isn't an answer. Looking townie, and feeling they are town are two separate things. And you have no idea who feels like scum at all?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2019, 05:55:39 pm »

Don’t edit your posts in mafia, Leodanny. Big, big no no.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2019, 05:58:15 pm »

Also the fact I have that post quoted, so..

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2019, 05:59:24 pm »

Well, I use them interchangeably. I feel that not too many people have made posts that seem scum, to me at least.

Also, okay. Won’t edit anything.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2019, 06:01:19 pm »

... So, no real info on anything..

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2019, 06:21:55 pm »

Also the fact I have that post quoted, so..

Regardless of quoting, it's bad form, and could get him modkilled. This is why IcyTea panicked a bit when he accidentally clicked edit instead of quote on his post earlier.

??

Don't quite understand what you're implying, hector. Looking over his posts again, of which there are few other than talking about me, he still feels scummy. Why point out those things, if you aren't casting doubt on that person.

So, what am I agreeing with?

Had you responded when I initially brought up my befuddlement, you would know! Ironically proving heydude right :P

A'ight, summary time:

You vote for heydude in post #63, citing heydude's reasons for being worried about your presence as the reason why, paraphrased as "TricMagic tends to act scummy, drawing attention to himself".

What follows your vote is a short conversation with heydude regarding your past behaviour and why heydude answered my question the way he did, concluding with him saying in post #66 you drew a great deal of attention to yourself in a game in which you were a third-party, culminating in your apparent agreement with him in post #67. In this post you say that, despite the implicit agreement, you still think he's scum.

Setting aside the game as a whole for a moment and focusing on that, your implicit acceptance of his position makes your vote on him pointless; as a pressure vote, you have relieved any pressure by accepting his position; as a lynch vote, you're telling everyone else your case has no value beyond your unsettled gut.

I point out in post #68 (no idea why I'm linking these since they're all in a row, but ah well, deal with it :P) that you appear to be indulging in some cognitive dissonance by implicitly accepting heydude is right that your play can sometimes be detrimental, but that heydude's thoughts on your play make him scummy. Not quite asking a question, but I think it's clear a response to clarify your position is warranted.

The post I quoted of yours also makes you seem a lot more interested in your own survival ("why point out those things if you aren't casting doubt on that person.") rather than the town's goal of finding scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2019, 06:31:14 pm »

Blinks

Well..

Main explanation for that is his opinion is exactly that, his. I... Really?

Upon reflection of this post, still no guarantee that he isn't scum.

As a question, if you and heydude were Mafia, would you set up the question/volley as you did?

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2019, 06:39:02 pm »

So the question is, if you think that hector’s reasoning is scummy, why do you agree with it?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2019, 06:42:41 pm »

The problem lies in if he is Town. He can just as well have voted me to generate conversation, or is working with his partner in heydude to kill me if they are mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16