Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Color Control Rewrite (5/5) - Turn 8  (Read 8442 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Color Control Rewrite (5/5) - Turn 8
« on: January 10, 2019, 11:36:16 am »

A new age has dawned, the age of color control. There are 5 colors possible at the start: gold, green, black, white and red. Each color stands for something, what that something is I may or may not tell you. More colors can be found throughout the game. As the game progresses black will be converted into something call a mound, the mound is not good it will eat away ground which is what you get your green from. The game will end when 1)the mound is bigger than the ground, 2)one player remains, 3)the players join forces.
The mound starts at 0 +0;
The ground starts at 100,000 +10;

The colors(at start):
Gold: your money: increases from taxes and decreases from military spending
Green: your food: increases on itself and decreases from domestic and military consumption
Black: your dead: increases from soldiers dying and from pop death
White: your pop: increases on itself and decreases from death and military recruitment
Red: your military: increases from your pop and decreases in battle

During your turn you can do 1(more will be given at future milestones). Actions can be anything from sending color(s) to another player, trading with another player(all parties have to use an action), to researching, and modifying your colors.
To discover a new color specify what you want it to do and you will given an research goal number, which will depend on what you want from a color, DO NOT STATE THE COLOR. Research can take from 2 turns to 20 turn(I am not joking). Once one player has researched a color all other player can research that color at a reduced rate per number of players that have the color.

Each player/tribe starts with a focus and that will give you a boost to 1 thing, foci can be gotten later in the game as well. Possible starting foci:
1)Gather the Dead(Your black is given to the mound at a slower rate and you can use black from other players when fighting them)
2)Gold is King(Everything that has a gold cost is cheaper and easier to get)
3)Only the Strongest Survive(Your red is worth 10% more in battle and white converts to red at a bigger rate)
4)The Ground is Life(Your black is worth 50% less when converted to the mound and your green grows faster the less you have)
5)The People make us(Your white grows 5% faster and your red grows by 1%)
6)I am Superior(Start with 1 bonus Purple and 5 bonus red)

Choose a basic starter pack for colors:
Money: 40 gold, 10 green, 10 white
Food: 40 green, 20 white
Military: 10 gold, 10 green, 10 white, 30 red
Population: 20 green, 40 white
Corpses: 5 gold, 10 green, 30 black, 10 white, 5 red
Balanced: 5 gold, 15 green, 20 white, 20 red

or an intermediate stater pack for colors:
Triples: 20 points each in three colors of your choice
Mostly Enough: 15 points each in all but one color of your choice
Just in Case: 12 points in all five colors

or an advanced start:
distribute 60 points among the 5 colors as you choose

Basic starter packs are balanced, intermediate starter packs are not balanced, and an advanced start is not for dedicated players.

To join fill out this sheet:
Tribe name:
Focus:
Starter pack:(give the colors with the pack)

Also choose a spot on the map that you would like to start(possible starts are marked by a village symbol). The pirate flag symbol is where the mound begins. Map squares will change color based on how much of one color is in that square compared to other colors(at the beginning all squares are green to represent the ground).
Map:

Please post your sheet with your actions.
Any questions?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:27:35 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Control Rewrite (0/5) - Intro
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 11:38:06 am »

Colorpedia:
Gold(Money): (passive) increases at white/20, decreases at red/50, decreases at ultraviolet; (active) 20 white = 1 gold; if you have none 10% of red will turn to gold

Green(Food): (passive) increases at +10% decreases at white/50 + red/20 + purple/25 +ultraviolet; if you have none white/55 will be taken from the ground; gains from blue at 25%; (active) 10 white can get 1 from the ground; (farming tools)1 gold = 0.1%green increase

Black(Death/Dead): (passive) increases from white/100 + purple/50 + ultraviolet/25; (active) (blood money) 1 red + 1 gold = 1 black

White(Pop): (passive) increases at 5%; if you have none 10 green will covert to white; (active) (feast) 1 green = +1% white; (increase rations) 10 green = +0.1% increase

Red(Army): (passive) increases from dark red at 25%; (active) increases from white at 15%(active) and if lost goes to black; (mercenaries) spend 1 gold to get 1 more white into red(any extra will increase the gold cost of red); 1 green = +1% red

Dark Red(Undead Army): (passive) none; (active) increases from black at 15%

Blue(Fertilizer): (passive) increase at 50%; increases from Dark Blue at 50%

Purple(Royalty): (passive) increases from white at 1/200 increase at 5%

Ultraviolet(Greedy Royalty): (passive) increases from purple at 1/200; increases at 5%;

Grey(Defenses/Walls): uses 1 red + 1 Gold to gain 1 grey; in battle is taken before red(turns into 10 black)

Azure(Purity): (passive) deceases at 25%; (active) black + red + gold + (1/2)white + (1/2)green = that much azure

Dark Blue(Body Parts): (passive) increases from Black at 5%; (active) 1 Blue + 1 Black = +1% Dark Blue

Orange(Weapon Systems): (passive) in battle increases red if Red > than Orange, otherwise Red*2; (active) 1 Gold + 0.5 Green = 1 Orange

Players:
TricMagic of The Lifekeepers
KitRougard of The Masked Ghouls
Nirur Torir of The Golden City
RulerOfNothing of The Enlightened
a1s of the People's Democratic Republic of Freedonia

Waitlist:

The mound current: current: 33.9;
The ground current: 100,046.8;

Modifiers:
The Golden City: +2.3%green increase;
The Enlightened: 1gold=+0.1% white; +0.7%green increase;
The Lifekeepers: +0.9%green increase
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:30:03 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 02:31:01 pm »

Tribe: The Lifekeepers
Focus:  The People make us(Your white grows 5% faster and your red grows by 1%)
Starter Pack:  Food: 40 green, 20 white
Start Village: 2,2.

Research/Create/Acquire Blue
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:15:18 pm by TricMagic »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 04:00:04 pm »

Tribe Name: The Masked Ghouls
Specialty: Gather The Dead
Color Setup: Corpses

5 gold
10 green
30 black
10 white
5 red

Action: Acquire Dark Red (However that works)

Edit: The one idiotically close to the Mound? GOT THAT RIGHT
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:22:31 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 04:25:57 pm »

You both are in,  Kit I need to know which starting village you want(tho I think I know the answer).
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Control Rewrite (2/5) - Intro
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 11:22:38 am »

Bumping this to the first page, need more players.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Control Rewrite (2/5) - Intro(Still need players)
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 03:34:28 pm »

I play if you want me and need another player, but I feel bad about leaving the old one and would rather let someone new play.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 04:25:05 pm »

Ehh it needed fixing and I don't hold grudges. I will accept you as a player and yes I would like at least 3 players, 5 would be great.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 04:41:47 pm »

Alright then. Let's see what trouble I can get into with oversized stacks of gold and a vague indifference towards the Mound.

Tribe: The Golden City
Specialty: Gold is King
Color Setup: Population: 20 Green, 40 White

Action: Increase Green, with my pop taking it from the Ground.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 05:01:32 pm »

Your in.

Gonna wait until tomorrow to post the first turn so others can join if they want.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:19:02 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Control Rewrite (3/5) - Intro(Still need players)
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 09:15:16 pm »

Tribe: The Enlightened
Specialty: I am Superior
Color Setup: Money
Research: Color that increases white at the expense of gold

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Control Rewrite (3/5) - Intro(Still need players)
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 09:26:19 pm »

Your in.

Just need one more and I'll start early.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Color Control Rewrite (4/5) - Turn 1(Still accepting/need players)
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 12:09:07 pm »

Turn 1:
Starter Pack:  Food: 40 green, 20 white
Start Village: 2,2.

Research/Create/Acquire Blue
You decide to begin work on discovering Blue, your people get 5 progress done. Your lead researcher does not know how long it will take.
Blue research 5/??;  Gold: 1;  Green: 43.6;  Black: 0.2  White: 21.8;

Tribe Name: The Masked Ghouls
Specialty: Gather The Dead
Color Setup: Corpses
5 gold
10 green
30 black
10 white
5 red

Action: Acquire Dark Red (However that works)

Edit: The one idiotically close to the Mound? GOT THAT RIGHT
You decide to begin figuring out ways to use the dead as an army, your people get 6 progress done. Your lead researcher informs you that it is unclear how long this will take.
Dark Red research: 6/??;  Gold: 5.4;  Green: 10.6;  Black: 28.6;  White: 10.4;

Alright then. Let's see what trouble I can get into with oversized stacks of gold and a vague indifference towards the Mound.

Tribe: The Golden City
Specialty: Gold is King
Color Setup: Population: 20 Green, 40 White

Action: Increase Green, with my pop taking it from the Ground.
You have your people gather food in an orderly, organized manner, your people gather 4 Green from the ground.
Gold: 2.1;  Green: 25.2;  Black: 0.4;  White: 41.6

Tribe: The Enlightened
Specialty: I am Superior (1 purple, 5 red)
Color Setup: Money (40 gold, 10 green, 10 white)
Research: Color that increases white at the expense of gold
You tell your people that you will give them money to grow more, 2 people begin contemplating it.
Gold->White Research: 2/10;  Gold: 40.4;  Green: 10.5;  Black: 0.2;  White: 10.4  Red: 5;  Purple: 1.1

The mound increased by 1.5, current: 1.5;
The ground increased by 4.5 current: 100,004.5;

Legend:
Star: The Golden City
Hood: The Masked Ghouls
Green Thingy: The Lifekeepers
Bell: The Enlightened

Please remember to post your sheets with your actions, what you see for your numbers is your total NOT additionally.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:56:27 pm by MonkeyMarkMario »
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 12:16:57 pm »

If I have 20 people, a natural 5% growth on white, and an additional 5%, why did I only gain 1.8 instead of 2? Black took us.. Tree damn it.

Gold: 1
Green: 43.6
White: 21.8
Black: 0.2

Continue to Research/Create/Acquire Blue

Blue research 5/??

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 12:19:38 pm »

If I have 20 people, a natural 5% growth on white, and an additional 5%, why did I only gain 1.8 instead of 2?
You did, 0.2 went to black as decay, which happens every turn.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8