Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [SG] Uprising - Week 4  (Read 2262 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Uprising - Week 2
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 09:15:33 am »

Go to the bar with them and socialize some more, and keep working for now.
+1
+1
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Uprising - Week 3
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 11:56:18 am »

- Go to the bar with them and socialize some more, and keep working for now.

Starting an uprising is less eventful than you anticipated. But you suppose you have to put in the effort first?

The bar outing is an enjoyable experience in spite of, well, everything. You're pretty sure you can consider these people as friends (not terrifically close friends, though, and you doubt that'd change anytime soon on the current course of things). You don't drink any booze in the end as to save money and to avoid letting out information -- such as your ultimate plans -- that you wouldn't want others to know.
One of the haulers seems like he's about to go on a drunken tirade about the work he does yet, curiously, the others make a concerted attempt to quickly stop him before he begins.

Other than that, the week is quiet. More gruel and more sleeping but with a blanket this time.

You paid $10 this week for gruel to feed yourself. It's disgusting, but arguably filling.
You received $15 for your job at the harbor.
Overall, you made $5 profit this week.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 02:10:59 pm »

+1
+1

Also try and make friends with the bartender/other staff.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 03:53:59 pm »

+1
+1

Also try and make friends with the bartender/other staff.
You’re kinda late...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 04:36:18 pm »

Talk to that hauler about what exactly he meant to say. Purchase some better food.

Avanti!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 05:56:44 am »

Talk to that hauler about what exactly he meant to say. Purchase some better food.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 01:51:22 pm »

Try befriending that hauler more closely
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:56:25 pm by The_Two_Eternities »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 03:04:11 pm »

Try befriending that hauler more closely
I don't think it would work that fast
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 08:51:16 pm »

Purchase some better food.

If we start buying more expensive food, then we'll start losing money every week.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2019, 09:50:21 pm »

Purchase some better food.

If we start buying more expensive food, then we'll start losing money every week.

Agreed, drop off the food. Maybe buy that basic tool set, though?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Uprising - Week 4
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 03:57:24 pm »

- Talk to hauler about what he tried to say and purchase better food.
- Befriend hauler more closely

You just barely stop yourself from purchasing better food. Gruel is awful for morale, but you gotta save money. You guess.

Befriending the hauler you noticed before proves a remarkably easy task. He's definitely not as satisfied with his work as the others, and feels like an outcast. The two of you manage to bond over that shared trait, and eventually you decide to ask him about what he was trying to say that night.
He insists that it's nothing. "Barely even remember it!" he exclaims. But you carefully push a bit harder and eventually he relents.

Turns out he wasn't happy with some of the more discrete shipments that harbor was making. He, like you, doesn't know what they're shipping exactly (though you presume it's nothing super suspicious like guns, as that'd probably be a tighter-controlled operation). But a while ago the man learned about it when he was effectively promoted. Probably as an attempt to build loyalty and groom him for future roles.
He's not tremendously happy with it. He gets paid more than you, but it's still a pathetic amount. And every day he's risking his life of not being imprisoned to do this. At any moment, he fears, the secret police could raid the entire operation. And it'll be people like "me and you" that will take the fall for it.

Eventually you part ways for the night. You talk with him some more for the rest of the week, and he definitely feels like the best friend you have at the moment. The two of you share a situation together. Between the illicit dealings of the harbor on one side, and the secret police on the other.

You paid $10 this week for gruel to feed yourself. It's disgusting, but arguably filling.
You received $15 for your job at the harbor.
Overall, you made $5 profit this week.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 06:34:39 pm »

Purchase a Basic Tool Set along with a few Nails and a bit of Refined Lumber. Offer to patch up the hovels of a few of your impoverished neighbors, for a fairly low price. Continue to attend work and hang out with your new friend.

Avanti!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 04:31:23 am »

Purchase a Basic Tool Set along with a few Nails and a bit of Refined Lumber. Offer to patch up the hovels of a few of your impoverished neighbors, for a fairly low price. Continue to attend work and hang out with your new friend.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 11:45:56 am »

+1
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 10:10:58 am »

Explore Graywharf. Walk around the village when free.

+1
+1
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 [2]