Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Caveman's Arsenal [SG] (1820, Injection #5: The Tree of Desires)  (Read 13560 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman's Arsenal [SG] (1820, Injection #2: the Horned Nighmare)
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2019, 11:24:58 am »

A month or two in real time, assuming a steady rate of updates.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2019, 11:52:04 am »

You know, considering how doubloon mentioned tall tales and the general nature of how things have been going. I would say that you probably aren't wrong that it wont be long until earth has, in the most simplest if not completely accurate terms, ork like psionics, and by extension cause every mythological creature exists, like Vampires, Werewolves, Hide behinds, Wendigo, Tengu, Kitsune, Jiangshi, Elves, Dwarves, and so on...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2019, 04:34:04 pm »

>inb4 we create the yule lads

But while I agree that we shouldn't universally empower world leaders, 'Poleon is an interesting study. one year from dying, exiled to an island as far from his beloved France as you could get at the time. I'd just like to see what exactly he could do if the superpowers keep him in the swing of things.

Avanti!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2019, 05:21:31 pm »

>inb4 we create the yule lads

But while I agree that we shouldn't universally empower world leaders, 'Poleon is an interesting study. one year from dying, exiled to an island as far from his beloved France as you could get at the time. I'd just like to see what exactly he could do if the superpowers keep him in the swing of things.
Spoiler: This. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 05:38:27 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2019, 06:33:06 am »

B. An archaeological dig site.
B. Experimental Serums.
B: The Horned Nightmare.

Each new civilization on this world builds itself on the bones of the last. Digging up those bones seems to be all the rage for the intellectuals of the great empires. They're not content with uncovering just their own past, but have spread out across the world to sift through desert sands and break into ancient tombs in search of the old and exotic. There's little order or purpose to their digs for now, but the field is growing and advancing as the century draws on. Amateurs from the upper strata of society make up most of these tomb raider adventurers, holding onto relics of the past as status symbols and something to show around back home. Strange and foreign artifacts are always interesting. They attract superstitious tales of curses and the like like flies, even if these 'rational gentlemen' claim not to believe in such things. You're about to put some truth back into the stories and give them an experience they'll never forget.

Your drones locate some of these would-be scholars in the region known as Greece. It is rich in ruins and remains, which has drawn a group of collectors from the land of Germany here. With the help of locals, they've uncovered some kind of grave site strewn with primitive weapons, remains of personal items and grave goods. There's nothing of true interest there, of course, but you're about to make them think there is. A Serum properly filtered into the soil of the dig site will have any number of... interesting effects on the living things and perhaps objects here.

Of course, first you'll have to decide which Serum to use. Machine provides a fresh batch for you to peruse.

The options this time around are...

A) ’Swift’. Experimental. Traces of metal, flight, transformation, insight, anxiety.

B) 'Queen.' Experimental. Traces of space, transformation, containment, control, ambition.

C) 'Crucible'. Experimental. Traces of creation, pain, death, disgust, subversion.

D) 'Fiend'. Experimental. Traces of affliction, weakening, information, reaction, fear.

E) 'Icarus'. Experimental. Traces of flight, fire, joy, discovery, pride.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2019, 06:39:35 am »

Crucible seems about right.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2019, 06:55:00 am »

Icarus

Avanti!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2019, 06:58:03 am »

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2019, 07:04:27 am »

Eh. Not really though. I just had to vote for Icarus because mythological connections.

Avanti!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2019, 08:42:14 am »

Can we save Crucible for when there are British explorers examining a Egyptian pyramid rather than a few Germans peeking at the Greeks old things? You know, for the sake of a proper Pharaohs curse?

I'll vote for B, seems like it would be quite interesting, if unusual.

Also, considering its the 1820's, I feel inclined to ask what part of Germany, but for now I'll presume Prussia.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2019, 11:50:35 am »

Icarus

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2019, 03:01:59 pm »

E

Discovery and Pride for archeologists, nice
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14