Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

4:1 in favor of Sock Puppet. Next Fight: Who are you betting on?

"...the champion of trash."
- 3 (50%)
"...the guard dog."
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: IRON GLADIATOR (2019)  (Read 20762 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IC: IRON GLADIATOR (βeta): #2. SKRAP HEEP vs MURAKUMO
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2019, 09:49:38 am »

((Uh... Er. Note to self- better define "Engine flatlines " as "take 6 heat, end turn" or something. That was. Bad.))
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:16:43 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2019, 06:36:00 am »

The next test will have 2 spots for new players as I want to see how people do who are playing with the rules for the first time in their current state. Fresh eyes if it were. I may have room for 1 returning player, and I would like it to be KitRougard as I have consistently received their mech designs and turns smoothly, and they have always showed enthusiasm for the game. All players have done well I just prefer Kit to help complete this stage at this time though I have no problem with another, should they opt-out.

Sign-ups will begin when the test details are announced.

Until then the waitlist remains open for sign-ups. Cheers pilots.

Update: I have decided to conclude the beta, so my plans mentioned in the last paragraph no longer apply.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:45:49 am by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IRON GLADIATOR (Season 1)
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2019, 09:29:54 am »

Hey, I've already got an idea for rich boy's first Mech, Gladius-Alpha! Because little boy had read too many epics from olden ages, and designs his mechs off those ideas. Ooh, I can't wait for guns to be a thing so he can have a Gunslinger mech...
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: IRON GLADIATOR (Season 1)
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2019, 03:32:55 am »

Hurray for 2019 views!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: IRON GLADIATOR (Season 1: Registration Open!)
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2019, 09:18:01 pm »

Credits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As a thank you to my beta testers, KitRougard, TricMagic, and TankKit, I will prioritize their submissions. Then, those on the waitlist that requested a spot, dgr11897 and a1s. Then anyone who was a player of the precurser Mech Card Battle series, which really was the Alpha anyway. IRON GLADIATOR has a lot of growing to do. Though I will now take submissions for Season 1.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2019, 10:08:03 pm »

I'm going to work on a mecha concept and see if I can finish it, but I probably won't until this weekend.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2019, 10:17:22 pm »

I've already sent in the rich-boy pilot for S1, just need to make his Gladius-Alpha mech!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2019, 01:11:54 pm »

Transcript:
Year 0: The Loophole

Wreckage from the countless battles of mass produced war mechs fill up junkyards with their scrap parts, self-titled 'rednecks' begin taking these parts and assembling scrap mechs for their own amusement and to settle trivial disagreements.

The most famous of these ended in a draw between GROS-MT3 and THE JACKHAMMER, the pilots were arrested.

Thanks to a legal loophole regarding "abandoned military property" and massive support from their fans, the pilots were released, their mechs were returned to them, and civilian mech battles were officially ruled a legal sport, barring implementation of new regulations on venue and spectator safety.

Year 5: The Tournament at Twin Cities Canyon

An important truce is formed, ending a conflict that opened the way for peace.

Impressed by their skill and machines, militaries had begun to draft custom mech pilots as mercenaries.

Footage of the battle before the cease fire goes viral, civilians begin colloquially referring to it as The Tournament, as many ace mercenaries in flashy custom mechs were used by both armies.

NYANMECH and LANCELOCK become popular toys and models.

Year 10: The Colosseum

With no conflicts scrap parts become scarce.

Investors take a chance on the popular amateur pastime and build a massive stadium to host events with prize money, hobby custom mech designers now can buy parts directly from the manufacturers.

The first stadium battle between two custom mechs is held and is won by the anonymous pilot of BEEFEETER PRIME.

The youth play VR games simulating the sport, and a future generation of pilots for the games are on the horizon.

Year 15: The Incident

Hundreds die from a terrorist attack in South America by a rogue unregistered(and thus, assumed civilian), combat mech, threatening to destroy the positive public opinion of private mechs, new regulations on civilian combat mechs leads to the indefinite closure of Colosseum 12.

Many cite the heroic efforts of mercenary George Marcos, pilot of RAGNAROK JOTUNN as a counterargument, however the terrorist remains at large.

Year 20: The Present Day

As panic subsides there is a slight rollback on civilian combat mech regulations.

A new tournament is announced. To be bigger and better than ever before, test battles are held in preparation for the return of stadium mech battles.

Test #3, The Final Test

TEST THREE
"THE FINAL TEST"

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:11:36 pm by roseheart »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: IRON GLADIATOR #3. The Final Test (Season 1: Registration Open!)
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2019, 09:19:20 pm »

The Final Test, Prologue: A Treat

Quote from: Live
Quote from: Summoning Demons
Quote from: Re-Assembled
Quote from: Back In Black
Quote from: Ice-King MkII
Quote from: Dust In The Wind

◀◀◀
◀◀
▶▶▶

Spoiler: Transcript (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 11:21:54 pm by roseheart »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IC: IRON GLADIATOR #3. The Final Test (Season 1: Registration Open!)
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2019, 12:07:34 pm »

The Mechrunner wastes no time climbing into his Mech, ready to chop off some body parts.
Quote from: Rusty

Alright, let's get this party started!
He's almost rabid from his last two matches, and it's clear he's going aggressive. Suddenly, his phone buzzes, and the message pops up on the big screen, next to his live cockpit camera.
Quote from: Entitled Jerkface
Hey, Rust, try to remember that crude oil is NOT meant to be a fuel addative...

The cockpit opens, and Rusty lobs the phone out before vaporizing it with a blast from his Mech's spare leg.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2019, 02:07:13 pm »

Quote from: Kuro

"..."

Kuro hops into her mech to do a pre-check of the systems.

"Try not to self-destruct this time."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2019, 02:54:54 pm »

Jamie extends his hand out but, seeing neither of the pilots coming to shake it, he hops into his mech instead.
Quote from: Jamie

"I'm ready, let's start."
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 03, 2019, 06:17:18 pm »

Rusty then remembers to close the cockpit. Thus embarrassed, he signals his readiness with a ground-shaking rev of his engine.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16