Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No goblins... lucky or bug?  (Read 772 times)

Sgt.Awesomeness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No goblins... lucky or bug?
« on: December 29, 2018, 12:31:10 am »

First post in a long time I used to play this all the time but now I'm back and after 10 years of striking earth-
5 forgotten beasts-claimed 14 dwarves
1 Hydra- Captured
Ettin with a legendary copper spear- claimed 42 animals

I've had about 6 trade caravans total. truly as peaceful as it gets.

I'm a day travel from a savage area but no goblins in it... but near the glaciers there's one. Far north

so should i start a war or just accept ill have to wait on a forgotten beast to eventually end my fortress?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No goblins... lucky or bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 01:56:09 am »

The way sieges, snatchers, and raids work has changed quite a bit in the recent versions, but you'll get a better response in the DF Dwarf Mode or DF General Discussion boards than down here in the lower boards (this board is where idle cheesemakers go to die). There should be a somewhat elusive button to move the thread at the very bottom left of the page.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 01:59:50 am by WealthyRadish »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 09:52:33 am »

First post in a long time I used to play this all the time but now I'm back and after 10 years of striking earth-
5 forgotten beasts-claimed 14 dwarves
1 Hydra- Captured
Ettin with a legendary copper spear- claimed 42 animals

I've had about 6 trade caravans total. truly as peaceful as it gets.

I'm a day travel from a savage area but no goblins in it... but near the glaciers there's one. Far north

so should i start a war or just accept ill have to wait on a forgotten beast to eventually end my fortress?
There should be a move button in the bottom left. Move this to gameplay questions and you'll get a better answer. My guess is that you're too far away and irrelevant for the gobbos to care. You can change this via sending a few raids.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 07:11:56 am »

>wrong place
>still gets good answers

Alternatively, if you can't work the move button, lock it and restart in DF gameplay questions.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.