Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Origin Story (SG)  (Read 1005 times)

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
Origin Story (SG)
« on: December 28, 2018, 09:03:00 pm »

Throughout time, there have been heroes. Not all of them have had powers. In fact, none of them have.

That's about to change.

Somewhere, superheroes and supervillains will begin to reveal themselves. Good versus evil. The power struggle humanity knows all too well.

To start, pick a city setting, whether it's real or an original fictional city, and decide on a character. Powers can come later. This is an origin story, after all.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Origin Story (SG)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 09:25:44 pm »

Caracas, 1812
We are Ferdinand Romero, one of the urban poor in a city beset by tumult as the colonial empire of old Spain collapses.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 09:29:38 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 09:31:59 pm »

Caracas, 1812
We are Ferdinand Romero, one of the urban poor in a city beset by tumult as the colonial empire of old Spain collapses.
+1
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 12:31:43 am »

Caracas, 1812
okay first of all, god damn it you had to pick one of the most difficult things a writer can write impromptu; historical accuracy

second of all, I know what you're doing with that city and that year and I see too much potential in that event to not use it, so fiiiiiiiiine have it your way, mr. historical trickery man who wants a specific origin.

I'll see if we get more votes before moving on, but I reckon most people will just vote for this one just to force me into doing research.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 12:32:48 am »

Paris, 1943
We are Henry Leclère, buisinessman and member of La Résistance.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 12:46:30 am »

Paris, 1943
We are Henry Leclère, buisinessman and member of La Résistance.
i will kill you

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2018, 03:11:03 am »

Rome, 192 A.D.
We are Octavius, a gladiator with a best friend named Narcissus.

Just kidding. But I'm still gonna
Caracas, 1812
+1
+1

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 04:28:41 am »

Just kidding. But I'm still gonna
Caracas, 1812
+1
+1
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 06:56:20 am »

Chicago, 1921
We are Frances Mctavery, a poor and overworked dock worker.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 10:06:14 am »

I'm sorry, but El Libertador is just too cool of a historical figure to pass up. I can recommend a cool podcast on this exact situation if you'd like?

Avanti!

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2018, 04:21:42 pm »

I'm sorry, but El Libertador is just too cool of a historical figure to pass up. I can recommend a cool podcast on this exact situation if you'd like?
please

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2018, 05:07:29 pm »

I have no idea what’s going on but +1 to Spainman
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2018, 05:15:44 pm »

If you don't want to have to listen to a lot of history, you can choose another setting if you'd like.

Anyway, here's the podcast. The stuff about the Latin American revolutions is series 5, and should start on that page. The first few episodes are mostly setup, by the way, so I guess I'll sum up some stuff if you'd prefer the TD;LR version.

Portugal and Spain begin colonizing the Americas, and things go surprisingly well for most of it (Aside from the usual colonial racism) until Napoleon rolls in and deposes the king. Immediately, the latin american elite goes wild, setting up all manner of improvised senate, though nobody's actually started declaring independence yet. This changes (In Venezuela) when the American-born elite start opposing the Spain-born elite, and eventually several politically minded people (Including Simon Bolivar, the Liberator, and Francisco de Miranda, the Precursor), end up getting the city of Caracas to declare independence in 1811. This is immediately opposed by a lot of the other cities in Venezuela, either because they're royalists, or just don't want to be ruled in Caracas. This begins a disastrous civil war, and just as their military forces begin to run low, a huge earthquake levels the city on a holy day in March. People immediately call it divine retribution for the declaration of independence, and the whole thing collapses in June after Miranda tries to steal all of the gold. The republic collapses in late June, and the cycle repeats all over again because Bolivar just got exiled and ended up in a different city to try independence again.

Depending on when exactly in 1812 the story starts, things can be very different, basically.

Avanti!