Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: And Boldy We Stride (SG)  (Read 9719 times)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: And Boldy We Stride (SG)
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2019, 05:46:07 pm »

-Project Cargo
-Recruit Desertwalkers
-Raid CERN
-Recruit Civilians

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2019, 05:50:39 pm »

We've already finished Project GENESIS.
Shit, we've already used the name?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2019, 07:05:16 pm »

Yes, it's the Genesis Library with all the knowledge needed to set up industry.

Custom-made too!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2019, 07:11:24 pm »

Right, re-named it to project phoenix then.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2019, 11:43:22 pm »

Anyways, Project PHOENIX is at 3 votes, raiding food is at 2, Random Civilians is 1. Right?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2019, 05:29:41 am »

Actions:
-Project Cargo
-Recruit Desertwalkers
-Raid CERN
-Project PHOENIX
+1 this.

I don't want to make things any worse anywhere than they already are. Raiding the stockpiles is risky, and will starve a country with, well, likely the most people on earth.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2019, 01:24:01 pm »

2046 Winter

Opportunity Results

The winter season is one of the harshest Humanity has experienced so far. Due to a combination of simply lacking nutriments, the disruption and decay of urban centres and the Initiative hoarding more and more energy production facilities for their own purposes causes massive human life losses in the scale of billions. The cold winter sun shines upon graveyards of frozen flesh, metal and concrete as cities are universally deserted as being too dangerous and rife with starving, driven mad predator animals.
This marks the beginning of predicted end time scenarios of the original scientists who have founded the Initiative. It will be not long now before Earth is considered hostile to all human life in any biome. It is high time we leave.

Speaking of leaving, the Eisbär half tracks have been finished and the tunnels exvacated and tarred for road conditions. All is ready and go for Project Cargo, boosting the transport capabilities considerably and providing the colony with some robust off-road vehicles in case they are needed. While relatively small for cargo haulers to fit through the bridge ring, they will perform admirably. Probably. We are not exactly sure.

Eisbär Half Track Squadron obtained!

Rcruiting the desertwalkers was a hard undertaking as they tracked down the source of the initial help in the Arab Spring – the Initiative. Consequently, they were a little bit upset over a clandestine organisation first helping them achieve the freedom they wanted just to disrupt it and ultimately snatch it away again as they also knew about the materials and funds the Initiative has stolen from the Provisionary Government, which forced them to turn just as authoritarian as the former Royal House.
But over the months a concentrated effort to alleviate the animosity and provide relief effort to the charges of the Desertwalkers softened them up and recruiting talks happened. Most of the diseases plagueing the refugees were Pellagra and scurvy and other deficiency diseases, which were remedied mostly with vitamin supplements as a healthy diet can't be simply done anymore. The hopelessness of the situation, even in the Middle East, convinced many of the desertwalkers to ultimately abandon their posts and join the Initiative as they learned about the ultimate endgoal of them all.
While not terribly happy they shrank in number, they thanked us in the end for the help and relations remained peaceful, especially after they got equipped with some surplus mortars and Eisbär halftracks, which, obviously, work in the desert just as fine.

Military Force (experienced, scouts) obtained!

With the new allies in form of a scout company with the desertwalkers, raiding Cern has proven sucessful, with only minimal losses. Most of these losses actually happened due to equipment failure of NBC suits and antiradiation medicine, being exposed for too long to be considered healthy and evacuating. Apparently there was a meltdown of some radioactive experiment abandoned in CERN destroying most of the electrical infrastructure, including lately installed automatic defenses.
While this destroyed most experiment data and files, some cutting edge technology has been recovered, which will serve scientists to boost more complex, academic tasks.
Soldiers complain about voices and visual hallucinations, even hours after they have raided CERN. They have been quarantined for a period of two weeks, but most symptoms have passed and it didn't seem infectious. It is presumed this was just a case of MPI.

Upgraded Lab Equipment obtained!

Project Phoenix is a difficult one to handle. While the median MVP is suggested to be around 4000 to 5000 people, which is barely scraped by current Initiative personnel numbers, there is no denying that genetic drift and inbreeding can effectively render the colony nonviable if poorly managed. For this purpose, genetic engineering and cloning has been thrown into the discussion, heavily debated along the lines of free love, eugenics and ethics. While it is true that people need to be seen as another resource for the sakke of Humanity's survival, many scientists hesistate to actually ry and produce clones, especially as this would lead to genetic sterility just as fast.
Ultimately it is decided that congenital disease needs to be minimised and the genetic diversity of an eventual colony stimulated by gathering civilians under a different lens : their DNA.
For this, a genetic database has been established, currently being compiled from the entire personnel of the Initiative as well ways devised to gather civilians who have genetics not yet found in the database, especially considering recessive genes responsible for most common disabilities.
The stockpiling part of Project Phoenix is somewhat easier. Strict rationing of current food and converting it to robust non-perishable food sources gained a small surplus of foodstuff for the colony, although people complain about their meals being smaller and restricted.

Tiny Food Stockpile obtained!
Project Phoenix advanced

New Years Eve comes and goes. But this time, not fireworks explode for it, but nuclear weaponry. Tactical and strategic bombardements of hated enemies, of pesky raiders, of everyone to bring Humanity to its last Hurrah – the world burns thermonuclear fire. Luckily, the Antartic is unscathed. But this severely limits opportunities for the next quartile as fallout and sooth will make navigation both difficult and dangerous.

Opportunities

None!

Projects

Project Phoenix 20% done

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 02:34:26 pm by Dragor23 »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2019, 01:36:43 pm »

Alrighty, folks, time to boost our project along...
And whip up a new one.
I'm on a phone, but I believe something, a big data drive, with culture and news and the things that make us HUMAN is in order.

I can't make a full write-up for it, but I'm sure one of y'all can.

Call it Project MEMORY.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2019, 01:38:06 pm »

That's actually already in the Genesis Library, free of charge.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2019, 01:48:44 pm »

We need to design an AT/AA infantry weapon.

Let's try to get hydroponics farming. They do some now ($226.45 million USD industry in 2016), so it should be easy. We should grab a variety of seed samples, too, if we didn't already do that with GENESIS. Let's also include some livestock. Chickens and goats, at least.

Question: Did any colony ships survive? Can we send them data as a free action? It'd be good nice to send out what data we can right before we leave, and send our location to any organized groups who might be able to try to survive with what we leave behind.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2019, 01:50:09 pm »

Not as a free action, no.

Some seed ships did indeed make it out of the atmosphere, however.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2019, 02:04:59 pm »

Actually, I was thinking, and we should write up what I'm calling...
Project Axiom
"We'll clean up the mess while you're away!"
Yes I did just call out Wall-E for this, but its a good idea I swear.

AXIOM's purpose is to make sure this end of the portal stays at least intact, hopefully kinda livable. We leave behind a small group who is tasked with the mission of putting the Earth back together, then getting us when the planet's... Well, planety again.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2019, 02:07:09 pm »

Project Alexandria
We are not the only group that tries to leave Earth, some seed ships got out to space and are moving to other worlds, and even though we are the best chance for humanity survival we should not neglact then, we will build a radio transmiter and brodcast useful information from the Genesis library to space for them to recive and use in their efforts
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2019, 07:31:59 pm »

Project endurance: we need to research ways to survive through this apocalypse until we can complete preparations to leave. This project focuses on that goal, aiming to design equipment and procedures to preserve the remaining population. Specifically through the design of aquaponic systems capable of supporting the remaining population. (Aquaponics is hydroponics but with fish, whose poop feeds the plants, and who can also be eaten)
Project Hardline: A project for the creation of a hazardous environment operations exorig, an adaptable humanoid vehicle capable of being operated with little training. Designed to be used in a variety of roles, from mining, or construction, to exploration and combat.
Actions:
Project hardline
Project endurance
Project pheonix x2
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2019, 07:37:01 pm »

Actions:
-Project Phoenix x 2
-Project Order
-Project Rome

Hardline doesn't seem all that useful to me, given the relatively habitable environment we'll soon be in and the lack of a need for any better hazard equipment once there.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 08:40:39 am by Taricus »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11