Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fleshmancy II (ISG)  (Read 2815 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy II (ISG)
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 03:33:43 pm »

You take firm hold of the bat and see what you can do. Looking at the bat you would say it has about two or three flesh units, one unit of blood and veins, a set of tiny organs, about one unit of tiny bones, and about a unit of skin and membrane.

You flex your magic a little bit and see that you can rearrange the flesh and blood vessels pretty easily, the bones require a bit more effort, but you can extend contract and bend them, the organs are pretty delicate however, you think if you tried to change them to do different functions or messed with them a whole lot, you'd run the risk of just melting them.

It's pretty easy to remove parts, and theoretically add them onto another living thing. This is one of the key elements of the fleshmancer, creating living tools to overcome challenges. To that end, you consider making a pair of living bat sandals. That's a very fleshmancer thing to do! However, looking at your one bat, you realize you wouldn't have enough components to keep the sandals alive. Which leaves you with two options in that regard, catch another bat and make some nice warm sandals, or craft a pair of sandals killing the bat in the process. Of course you could try and store the bat in some way and keep it or it's parts for later. You briefly consider just attatching the bat to yourself, but you know that fleshmancy doesn't work very well when cast on oneself. Jim decides that's something he's only going to do in extreme situations, due to the likelihood of him dying or being permanently disfigured.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 03:59:15 pm »

Well he's clearly already found somewhere to store it, judging by that picture, so let's not ask questions and just continue down the tunnel.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 04:29:35 pm »

Let's go towards the light.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 05:26:41 pm »

Rearrange the bat into a living piston spear for now, as jim is probably not too strong by himself.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 01:40:03 am »

Jim is conflicted. He doesn't know exactly what he should do next. He'll wait a bit longer before just picking something.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 01:42:19 am »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 01:50:50 am »

As soon as Jim feels as though he doesn't know what to do, he gets an idea! He should really check out that glowing light from before. He returns back that way.

You come across a huge glowing door at the end of the tunnel. It completely blocks any further passage down this direction. You notice the huge padlock the size of your head has two key holes on it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you can find the keys, you can progress through to whatever is beyond the door. And Jim is no genius! Still, it takes him a long time to put those pieces together.

Seeing no other option, Jim heads back down the bat tunnel until it reaches a fork. The left tunnel seems to remain level with this tunnel, but the right tunnel, it slopes downward at a fairly steep angle. Which tunnel seems less likely to kill Jim should we go down?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 04:18:27 am »

Can we try making keys from the bat?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 05:16:52 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 04:24:51 am »

Jim thinks back to the 15 foot tall glowing door with magic padlocks. Then he looks at his singular bat. Jim feels really confident he can make a key out of the bat! Jim is horribly wrong and also lying to himself.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 04:34:57 am »

Well, there are two keyholes and only 1 bat.
go left in search for additional bats.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 05:17:34 am »

+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 07:02:53 am »

+1
+1
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 08:31:53 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2018, 01:18:14 pm »

You follow the left tunnel remaining on the current level. It's a bit of a longer tunnel and you feel as though you've been walking for about twenty minutes before you hear something. Jim's ears perk up and his pace increases a bit. It sounds like the faint sound of running water. Jim's dry throat edges him onward as he goes a bit faster now. Another five or ten minutes and you enter a small circular cavern (from the right side). In front of Jim is a waterworn smooth stone floor, and on the other side of the cavern, a small waterfall! It falls into a small pool, about two Jims deep by the waterfall and slowly becomes shallower until the water stops. From there, a mudbank extends outward for about two, maybe two and a half Jims. Jim is so excited that he almost drops the bat that he's totally been gripping tightly in his left hand this entire time. Jim stops at the entrance to this cavern, looking at the waterfall for a moment, admiring it. Jim has never seen anything, so this is pretty cool to him. After a minute he starts to think of what to do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4