Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cheating thread  (Read 1064 times)

MisterNasal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Cheating thread
« on: December 22, 2018, 10:23:20 am »

I like to cheat because I want adamantium everything in my fortress. How do I modify the smelter in the current version to have unlimited adamantium wafers/thread from nothing?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating thread
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 01:08:40 pm »

Not-a-modder, which may show in my answer, but I'd consider a reaction to take one <material> and output two <same material>, instead of a complete zero-input-one-or-more-output. Then either strive to get that one seed item to get you started (in what is functionally the same as some forge-then-melt bulking up operations, in vanilla, but quicker) or also add a reaction of <mundane material> creates <target seed material> for something akin to mystical alchemy of a magically 'reproducing' end product. You could even use that to 'clean up' waste spoilings (what else do you do with loads of shale/etc, except from make mugs out of it, if you're capable of generating the blue stuff out of practically nothing? Though it'd be even more poetic to 'process' microcline into it, as if it's a secondary ore of some variety.

Or, as you're likely only 'cheating' yourself anyway, I'm sure you could just spawn any quantity of any material you want by the use of some DFHack command, saving you the effort (and accusative fingerprint) of any modded workshop reactions. Knock yourself out, any which way.

sketchesofpayne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 02:37:46 pm »

I would make a mason workshop reaction that turns any type of stone into an adamantine wafer or adamantine cloth.

Just remembered that on the wiki one of the example reactions is free adamantine.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 03:11:00 pm by sketchesofpayne »

MisterNasal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 06:22:31 pm »

My problem is that I add the reaction in but it doesn't show up on the smelter

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 01:58:52 am »

Not that I am likely to help you with the fine details, but logic dictates that if you copy what you've done here that people can check it for errors (or not). You wrote as if you were starting from scratch, originally.

(Or then there's the issue of whether you copied it into the right bit of the right (save+orientated?) set of raws, which I believe is a possible mistake to make.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 04:40:06 am »

My problem is that I add the reaction in but it doesn't show up on the smelter

Have to add it to the entity, too.

Also, the example on the wiki was wrong; it needs PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150 appended to the product. I fixed it.

EDIT: whole article's a bit of a shitshow, actually, gimme a sec

EDIT 2: There, perfectly fine now
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 04:44:04 am by Putnam »