Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intelligent Design (Evolution Drawing Game)  (Read 396 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Intelligent Design (Evolution Drawing Game)
« on: December 22, 2018, 03:18:35 am »

How to play:

Take one of the images below and make a small change to evolve the creature. You can change one aspect of the creature to a small degree. Add a sciency sounding name to the creature and write up a bit about it. Lastly, make sure to write the name of the creature it evolved from. You don't have to use the most recent iteration of a creature, in the case you want to branch off, so letting me know what creature you started with is important here. You can also change the background if the creature moves to a new location as part of your evolution.

Rules:
(1) Only slight changes. If you're adding a new part, it should be pretty simple. If you're editing an existing aspect, it shouldn't be too far from the previous iteration either. For example, if its a creature with feet and you want webbed feet, that's totally cool. If its a creature with no feet or limbs, you can't just jump to giving it full limbs with webbed feet.
(2) Don't edit the same creature twice in a row. You can a creature once two other people have edited that creature. This is on a per creature basis, so for any of the four lineages, as long as there are two other evolutions between your post and your last post of the same creature, it's cool. Gotta let everyone get in on the evolution action.
(3) Use good save files. PNG is my favorite for things like this, but I think JPEG would also work. That's not really my department. Just make sure its a quality upload so the images don't degrade as the game goes on.
(4) Don't argue, especially with the GM. Discussion about the evolutions and all that is highly valuable, bad attitudes are not. If I veto something, it's veto'd.
(5) Have fun and be creative.

Primus Fishicous

A common green aquatic creature. It's body is shaped to help it move through water, but lacks any real specialization.

Primus Plantimum

A small photosynthetic growth. It has tiny roots and lacks much structure.

Primus Orangitha

A small orange and pink thing. Fossil records have yet to reveal whether it is a plant, animal, or something else.

Primus Fungonia

A small fungi with a cream colored stalk and bluish cap.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 03:39:58 am by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intelligent Design (Evolution Drawing Game)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 10:00:44 pm »

Ok, gonna bump this once. If there are still no takers, I'll run a different game. Also, if that is the case, taking game requests into consideration.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
Re: Intelligent Design (Evolution Drawing Game)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 01:14:37 am »

Primus Fungomycelia
A simple rooting network of mycelium fibers has been evolved, as have a few ridges on the cap of the mushroom.

Avanti!