Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mechanics Test: Hyde [5/6]  (Read 1806 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics Test: Hyde [1/6]
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 03:22:47 pm »

I'll probably check it out tomorrow.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 03:36:47 pm »

Whelp, here goes something.

Character sheet
Name: Jimmy Washington
Physical Description: A dirty blond blue blooded American. He stands six foot even, has a strong jaw, and a love for his country deeper than the Grand Canyon. He wears a simple black suit and black tie combination, and has reasonable footwear. His teeth are white and his blue eyes sparkle when he's excited. He's got a lean build.
Backstory: Jimmy is a patriot through and through. He loves America and served his country with pride. Joined the military after studying bio-med in college and has already done two tours, where he received modest medals. It was his positive attitude, patriotism, and experience which got him assigned to the Hyde Initiative.
Likes: America, Grilled Cheese, Visiting Landmarks, Oceans, and America.
Dislikes: Jimmy prefers to cook food and dislikes fast food. 
Habits: Tends to get very excited about things, cooks regularly,
Hobbies: Cooking, shooting, ecology,
Fears: Communists? (Not sure yet, will think of something).

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanics Test: Hyde [5/6]
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 10:54:02 pm »

Mission 1
You receive your mission briefing folder after you get on the plane to your first mission.

Known Agitators:N/A
Demons:N/A
Situation Report: Excessive spider webs have been seen on Drift Creek Wilderness hiking trail in Lincoln County, Oregon. Arachnid sightings have increased, and insect sightings have decreased. Arachnid themed demon or artifact suspected
Additional Notes: Agents will be doing reconnaissance, and are to avoid direct confrontation.To provide emergency cover, agents will be chaperoned by upper level agent.

Having finished reading the file, you have about half an hour until landing.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 11:22:50 pm »

(ooc)Well, here, we, go
(IC)
I carefully take stock of my equipment, stealing glances at my watch every few minutes. I also start doing mental calculations on the odds of the plane coming under attack and/or crashing.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:40:14 pm by dgr11897 »
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 11:26:57 pm »

Take stock of equipment.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2018, 11:32:49 pm »

Quickly take stock of my equipment so I know what I have going into this. Then spend the majority of my time, reading up on spider mythology and web structures of various spider species. If possible, do so on a mobile device like a tablet so I can cross reference in the field.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 12:07:53 am »

Check what equipment I’ve got. Make sure that it includes a knife, in case I or someone else gets tangled in a web and needs to get cut out quickly.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 01:01:39 am »

I make sure I have any and all my assigned equipment ready and patiently wait.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2018, 01:06:11 pm »

>Connections: if your relative, co-worker, or friend just vanished off the face of the earth you would look into it, and probably start loudly questioning things if you caught wind of the government being involved.
You could probably mitigate this by just pretending that they where recruited for some sort of grey ops that people publicly know about but no one knows the details of their job. Then they can never see their connections again but have a censored email communication or something. That would allow you to get some scientist or engineer types.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 11:58:35 pm »

Two things, one, for here on, I'd like everyone to include their characters names in their posts to help me remember them, and two, remember, this is a roleplay heavy mechanic, I need you guys RPing in order to truly test it. That means in character dialogue at the least.

(Everyone asked to check equipment, so I'll put all your generic equipment together)
You each check your equipment, and you each have the standard issue gear. Two knives, one sown into your sleave in order to be hidden and easily accessible if you need a weapon, a lighter, a length of rope, and collapsable staff that extends to ten feet, a med kit, stocked with anti-toxins, bandages, salves, etc., a canister of bug spray, a handgun, along with some extra ammo, binoculars, a notepad, pens and pencils, and walky-talkies, set to a secure frequency. You also each have a unique item.

Henry
You have a math book, not terribly useful, but you needed a way to entertain yourself on the trip from Location Classified to Oregon. You begin a few calculations as to the likelihood your plane will be attacked, but you haven't finished them by the time the plane lands, unharmed.

Jack
You have a couple Discworld books, really just for entertainment, but it really is a long way from Location Classified to Oregon.

John
You have a couple of empty beer bottles filled with gasoline, ready for a match. Certainly useful, but also potentially volatile, just like you.

Alexander
You have an extra knife with you. Your own personal knife, not agency issued. Jeeze, must make you a comforting guy to be around.

Jimmy
You've got your own, personal gun, a bit bigger than the agency issued ones, but it sure packs a wallop. (Just realized I forgot the spider thing, but I have to go to bed, I'll add it tomorrow.)

Everyone
The plane touches down without incident. You each file outside to meet your contact. Standing there, ready to meet you, are two people, about your ages, a young man with oak brown hair, in a green hoody and jeans, and a black haired girl leaning on him, with a bow in her hands, a quiver on her back, and a matching outfit, but with sunglasses. "Hey everyone," the young man greets you, "I'm Ryan, and this is my girlfriend, Blake. We're here as your handlers." "Hi," the girl, Blake, says, "come on, we'll show you to the trail." With that, the two walk off.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 05:53:38 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2018, 09:40:38 am »

Jack could be seen stuffing Feet of Clay into his bag as he exited the plane. He’d been reading Guards set books since he’d settled into his seat.

Getting off the plane and joining their “handlers”, though, his mind was running. How long ago would these people have had to be recruited to be experienced enough by now to be their handlers? Why did they seem so casual about this? Why did the girl have a bow when modern technology had much better answers for ranged combat? What weapons was the man carrying?

He followed them, though. As far as he could tell, they were the only ones around that could tell him what he was supposed to be doing.
He took out his staff, though - still in its collapsed state - in case these people turned out less benevolent than he hoped.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2018, 05:36:19 pm »

Henry
 I grab my equipment, then, I look at our group's "handlers" and scoff a bit. Who are they to manage me, a mind capable of far greater things than anyone else on this plane save for one. I then glance at the time. "So, about how long would it take an average batch of new recruits to finish this mission?" I say as I ready my gun.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2018, 05:46:12 pm »

John
 John looked at their two 'handlers'. They were probably experienced if they were tasked with 'handling' them, but the girl's choice of weapon was poor. A bow is nothing compared to a gun, even if she was skilled with it. As for the other one, they probably had a hidden weapon or something. Either way he'd probably die if he fought them so he wouldn't really be able to do much against them. He begins doodling a spider on his notepad as he walks. "So, what we doin'?"
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 09:01:46 am by TankKit »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2018, 07:29:39 pm »

Jimmy

I grab my big gun and follow the handlers. I make sure I grab my tablet as well, since it's got my spider data on it.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2018, 07:44:46 pm »

Alexander
I follow along expressionlessly, running my fingers over the edges of my concealed knives.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3