Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Body Token change & New Token  (Read 1293 times)

draconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Body Token change & New Token
« on: December 20, 2018, 12:20:25 am »

Hey;

after trying to create a custom body token I ran to the issue of unrecognized body token. To cut a long story short I believe it would be of great help to creating new creatures an etc. if you let us create our own costume body tokens.

for example a drider body (lower half of a spider upper half of a human) that i tried to create in the current system i can not do it but if you let us splice body parts from different body forms an in effect outright create new ones we can mix&mash to create new creatures an monsters.

technically this does already exist with the ability to do: [BODY:BASIC_2PARTBODY:BASIC_HEAD_NECK:BASIC_FRONTLEGS:BASIC_FRONTLEGS:BASIC_REARLEGS:BASIC_REARLEGS:ARMS_STANCE:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:2TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]

but it does mean doing duplicate body tokens which does generate an annoying error log but the creature would still spawn in an have the correct number of limbs.

However: it would be much easier if we could just create our own costum body tokens without trying to hash the current ones together.

Anyways as for a new token:

I dislike having the ability to just lock a door an the Siegers such as goblins going "eh boss what do we do? they locked the door on us" when they have weapons that they can use to batter down an damage the doors.

so this new token could either be a creature or weapon token an be known as [DOOR_DESTROYER] (preferably as a weapon token for say maces, flails, an morning stars, an could maybe use shields as pseudo rams against doors)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Body Token change & New Token
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 09:42:44 am »

You can already make new body tokens. The normal ones are defined in body_default.

draconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 12:05:51 pm »

You can already make new body tokens. The normal ones are defined in body_default.
than why did my body token not work? The error log kept stating unrecognized token an nothing more or less.

Anyways that aside I think there should still be a token to allow sieges to destroy doors an only doors with their weapons. Cause just locking a door an suddenly they can not touch you is a bit silly.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 04:17:40 am »

Siegers will often bring trolls, which can destroy doors.

than why did my body token not work? The error log kept stating unrecognized token an nothing more or less.

Because you didn't actually define it. It needs to be defined in a body file.

draconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 07:42:08 pm »

I did define it in the body file an when that did not work I made it its own .txt file

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 04:00:40 pm »

Did you remember to make the first line of the file the name of the file (minus .txt) and the second line of the file [OBJECT:BODY]?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 04:23:45 pm »

Cause just locking a door an suddenly they can not touch you is a bit silly.

I genuinly don't understand how it is silly, or how it is more silly than bashing it open by hitting it with a sword
Locking people in and out is litterally the function of those items.

Edit : Locking a door should be a job, like it is to lower or raise a bridge, but if a dwarf put a plank in those door rings and you don't have a ram, well, you're not going through
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 04:32:06 pm by Cathar »

draconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 01:43:07 pm »

update: i solved the issue anyways...lets forget this happened...

lol

but i do still think that goblins should be able to tear down doors with their weapons while seiging your fort

draconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 01:48:26 pm »

Cause just locking a door an suddenly they can not touch you is a bit silly.

I genuinly don't understand how it is silly, or how it is more silly than bashing it open by hitting it with a sword
Locking people in and out is litterally the function of those items.

Edit : Locking a door should be a job, like it is to lower or raise a bridge, but if a dwarf put a plank in those door rings and you don't have a ram, well, you're not going through

im not talking about a sword though..im talking about a mace, a morning star, axes, an possibly bashing it down with a group of shields.

even thick doors are not immune to that sort of damage, they will eventually be broken down.

metal is one thing but a wooden door would have to be very thick which kinda destroys the point of a door being a door because it would be so hard to move for daily use.