Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Shard of the Scorned - A game of monsters  (Read 3424 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Shard of the Scorned - A game of monsters
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2018, 06:39:37 am »

Make Glitterlance

The Glitterlance is a devious scaled creature the size of a cat. It bears a passing resemblance to a snake in the scales, until one looks closer. Watching its movement it does not slither, but instead, scurries along on dozens of little rat legs, giving it a strange slightly wavy gait. However, this is not the most unnerving element of the glittlerlance. While it has two rat-like eyes on its head, it is it's underside which holds the glitterlance's truly unnerving gift. Along it's scaled belly, between the rows of scurrying rodent legs, are hundreds of closed eyes. When the glitterlance encounters prey, or even a danger to it, it will rear back as if to strike like a snake. Unbeknownst to the target, it does not intend to bite, but instead, it's dozens of hypnotic eyes open at the same time, dazzling and hypnotizing it's target. While the target is incapacitated it then either bites it with its fangs, or constricts it, until it dies.

Traits: DIY Millipede body using snake and rodent parts, hypnosis using large number of snake eyes.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2018, 06:41:56 am »

Make Glitterlance

The Glitterlance is a devious scaled creature the size of a cat. It bears a passing resemblance to a snake in the scales, until one looks closer. Watching its movement it does not slither, but instead, scurries along on dozens of little rat legs, giving it a strange slightly wavy gait. However, this is not the most unnerving element of the glittlerlance. While it has two rat-like eyes on its head, it is it's underside which holds the glitterlance's truly unnerving gift. Along it's scaled belly, between the rows of scurrying rodent legs, are hundreds of closed eyes. When the glitterlance encounters prey, or even a danger to it, it will rear back as if to strike like a snake. Unbeknownst to the target, it does not intend to bite, but instead, it's dozens of hypnotic eyes open at the same time, dazzling and hypnotizing it's target. While the target is incapacitated it then either bites it with its fangs, or constricts it, until it dies.

Traits: DIY Millipede body using snake and rodent parts, hypnosis using large number of snake eyes.
+1
+1
This is deliciously creepy and evil while using the knowledge we have at hand. I love it.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2018, 09:18:54 am »

Glitterlance +1

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2018, 11:32:27 am »

How much do you want to put into the Glitterlance?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2018, 12:32:27 pm »

.7 and .4 I guess? I'm not really sure how much power that really is, so lets just go for all of it so the hypnosis works as well as possible.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2018, 04:04:19 pm »

As your servants bring more flesh to you, and you absorb their pathetic lives, you delight in snuffing out the creations of the Five. Suddenly a light flares in your mind, and you catch a glimpse of something new. Then it is gone, and you begin to work on your newest creation, the Glitterlance. Carefully, you from a long, rat like body, much smaller than either of the Toothlings. Twenty legs dangle down from its body, with twin compound eyes around each leg. These eyes do not see, but instead focus light onto their hypnotic centers and then reflect it outwards. The rest is relatively simple to make, as you shape the head and body to have glittering scales in a variety of colors, each slightly putrid in a unique way. You are still, your energy drained, as it wanders about the perimeter of the room, its gait oddly zigzagged.  It is slow, and its teeth small, but the hypnotic ability is fairly powerful.

As you watch it, you feel a tremor of exhaustion run through you, and you find yourself with two distinc paths in your mind. Do you sense or do you see?

Spoiler: Sarahden (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monsters (click to show/hide)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2018, 04:06:00 pm »

We see all!
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2018, 04:22:19 pm »

Sense. Sensing is far more robust than simple sight.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2018, 04:24:29 pm »

Something tells me me we're not just gaining simple sight. We're gaining special sight.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2018, 04:46:48 pm »

Sense. Sensing is far more robust than simple sight.

+1. Sight is for beasts of the 5. We are beyond that.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2018, 06:17:49 pm »

We See.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2018, 06:01:09 am »

See
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2018, 11:03:02 am »

Sense

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2018, 11:09:39 am »

Sight is for the might.

Sight is a sense, so technically its a vote for both. (not that it really counts mind you.)
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2019, 11:56:10 am »

You seek to see, and suddenly the paths collapse. There is a disorienting moment where your perspective completely transforms – you are looking through the eyes of the Glitterlance, seining everything it sees, smelling everything it does. You can still sense your own self as well, and it is difficult to manage the two sets of input, but eventually you are able to put one set in the back of your mind or shift between the two at will.
You discover how to adjust into the Toothlings as well, and then return to your own “body” such as it is, feeling weak and starved. Your creations stand watch, unable to act without orders.

Spoiler: Sarahden (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monsters (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4