Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Shard of the Scorned - A game of monsters  (Read 3418 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Shard of the Scorned - A game of monsters
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2018, 05:53:42 am »

Make a Toothling out of .5 soul and .5 spirit

A Toothling is a rat who's mouth extends halfway down the torso, allowing it to split in half. Teeth line the entire mouth. When the mouth is closed, it appears  like a normal rat. Because of the large mouth size, it can fit larger things in it's mouth than a normal rat could carry.

Have the Toothling gather us insects and small creatures so that we can build up our strength.
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 02:28:29 pm »

The power within you surges and boils, as you begin to work, creating your first monster. The vaporized flesh of the rats is spat out, turned to a black as dark as your own substance. You struggle to make it bend to your will, gradually sculpting it into the shape of a creature, with its tail long and lashing and whiskers twitching. Then you draw your will through it like a child running their hand through mud, drawing a long trough into the creature’s shape.

You manage to lengthen the rat’s mouth and widen it somewhat as well. However, you find that you cannot make it close its mouth all the way, and the unnatural appearance of its fur – it would unsettle any creature of the Five who saw it – makes it difficult to disguise itself. The best you can do is use some of the souls you consumed to give it a slight glamour, and even that exhausts your resources.

That task done, you pour spirit into the body. The creature inflates, its teeth lengthening, its muscles strengthening. The Toothling may have the body of a rat, but this rat is the size of a large housecat, with fur that will turn aside most bites or knives. Its eyes glitter dully, even in the darkness of the basement, and it immediately turns to obey you, even as its tail continues to form out of your darkness. You feel exhausted – it may be some time before you can make anything new.

And the Toothling is gone for a long time. It comes back dragging an unusually large snaked with scales in a riot of colors. The Toothling is dragging itself to, it’s back half crushed and useless. As it touches you you gain an impression of what happened.

running through dark. long tunnels. no prey for Sarahden-master. smell where they went. all dead. find trail, leads to snake.

You break away, uncomfortable with the contact. It seems a horrible thing, to be slaved to the will of another, to be confined to nothing more than a sack of meat. To distract yourself from the lingering impression of the Toothling, you turn to absorbing the snake.  You learn a great deal – this snake is a most unusual creature. It can hypnotize other creatures with its scintillating scales and its dark eyes. And it is very capable of crushing the life out of nearly any creature smaller than it. (+0.3 spirit, +0.5 soul)
The Toothling comes back with a several small rats and some crawling, carrion eating insects trapped in its jaw, adding them to your mass. (+0.5 spirit, +0.2 soul)

Spoiler: Sarahden (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 03:40:26 pm by Urist Mc Dwarf »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2018, 02:45:18 pm »

Create a second Toothling using the same as before.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 03:30:00 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2018, 02:47:08 pm »

They're called Toothlings. They have lots of teeth. Toothless is a dragon, not a rat.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2018, 02:59:31 pm »

Sorry, got confused by the update.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2018, 03:21:33 pm »

:/ I guess if the GM wants them to be toothless that's fine.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 03:40:44 pm »

I thought it was just a weird name...

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2018, 03:47:18 pm »

+1.

Edit: Name it Mr. Fluffles.

It's not a big deal. It just would be weird if they had no teeth.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:00:38 pm by Roboson »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2018, 03:48:41 pm »

Of course it's a weird name, it's a rat with a gigantic mouth, do you expect us to call it Mr Fluffles?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 07:39:12 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 05:09:29 pm »

Create a Nosnak.
The Nosnak is a beast similar to a snake. Instead of eyes IT has several sensitive noses. IT hunts silently and effectively due to its powerful noses.
Use more Power to create the noses

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2018, 12:16:49 am »

Create a swarm of Knives

A Knife is perhaps like an INSECT, only larger. Its most apt description is a cockroach the size of a forefinger. Dozens and dozens of such creatures are made, and one is made a cut above the rest, the size of a fist or larger; It is the queen of a hive of killers. A Knife will rip and wrent, until it's queen bades it not too. They are a carrion species, but a species not afraid to make its own meal. the GLITTER of the swarm confuses lesser minded creatures, looking perhaps like a starry night sky or the glitter of diamons in the dark.

Spend the entirety of our power and spirit to make these things.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2018, 02:09:54 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2018, 12:44:06 am »

You feel yourself beginning to stretch and expand, your substance growing.  By the time it stops and you recover your senses, you have stretched across the floor of the basement, and even begun to creep up the walls. You have grown stronger, and you can sense a kernel of…something within you that you may soon use.

Turning your attention away, you effortlessly slip another Toothling, equal in size and strength to the first. You send both of them away to gather more souls and spirits. While you wait, you contemplate new monsters, idly debate the merits of naming your first Toothling Mr. Fluffles, and dream of destruction and conquest.

These enjoyable distractions come to an end when the two Toothlings return, one once more bearing a collection of insects, another dragging a few rats.  You consume them rapidly, finding nothing interesting to learn, and prepare your next move. (+0.4 spirit, +0.2 soul)

Spoiler: Sarahden (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monsters (click to show/hide)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2018, 01:26:53 am »

Make Glitterlance

The Glitterlance is a devious scaled creature the size of a cat. It bears a passing resemblance to a snake in the scales, until one looks closer. Watching its movement it does not slither, but instead, scurries along on dozens of little rat legs, giving it a strange slightly wavy gait. However, this is not the most unnerving element of the glittlerlance. While it has two rat-like eyes on its head, it is it's underside which holds the glitterlance's truly unnerving gift. Along it's scaled belly, between the rows of scurrying rodent legs, are hundreds of closed eyes. When the glitterlance encounters prey, or even a danger to it, it will rear back as if to strike like a snake. Unbeknownst to the target, it does not intend to bite, but instead, it's dozens of hypnotic eyes open at the same time, dazzling and hypnotizing it's target. While the target is incapacitated it then either bites it with its fangs, or constricts it, until it dies.

Traits: DIY Millipede body using snake and rodent parts, hypnosis using large number of snake eyes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4