Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: After the End (Waitlist Open)  (Read 2137 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
After the End (Waitlist Open)
« on: December 19, 2018, 01:48:12 am »

When the rifts opened and choas spilled out into the land, few people were happy with the end of the world. With the exception of Dr. Zero. He was ecstatic. He was right.

AtE is a really simple exploration and base building RPG. Each turn players will get one action to do with what they please. Whether it's explore the wild world beyond their base, research objects and creatures they discover, build up defenses, or genetically alter their character, the options are limited only by ingenuity and luck. Yet take care, the end of the world is less than forgiving.

This game is going to be first come first serve, after the first four players, a wait list will begin. When a player dies, they'll be added to the bottom of the wait list. I expect rather fast turn around.

Spoiler: Sign Up (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 02:20:49 pm by Roboson »

TrickleJest

• Bay Watcher
  • I write things.
    • View Profile
Re: After the End (0/4)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 06:10:54 am »

So just to clarify, do we have to use our Bay12 name for our character, or are you just going to use it when referring to us instead of the character name in order to make it easier for yourself?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 06:26:02 am »

What kind of wold does the game take place in, like fantasy, modern, something else?

Name: King Zultan
Description: A really generic looking man with a really generic looking mustache.
Interest: Exploration and finding out why the world ended.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 06:46:55 am »

Name: TankKit
Description: A guy wearing a mix of light blue, red and green.
Interest: Exploration and building the foundations for a new nation.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 09:50:08 am »

Name: Glass, Chron, Acter, I’ve got plenty of these things.
Description: In their mid-twenties. Fairly skinny, relatively angular face, about average height. Messy red hair with a scruffy beard. Even-tempered, and when not specifically trying to accomplish something with others, tends to stick to themselves. Intelligent, though mostly knowledgeable about academic matters rather than practical ones. Can typically be found wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and a baseball cap of unknown origin.
Interest: Wants to set up a base to help as many people as possible; keywords would probably be “construction”, “sustainability”, and “rescue”.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 12:16:51 pm »

Name: GPeter
Description: A not so tall guy with a faint beard
Interest: Leadership and building
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 12:57:00 pm »

So just to clarify, do we have to use our Bay12 name for our character, or are you just going to use it when referring to us instead of the character name in order to make it easier for yourself?

You should use the B12 name.

What kind of wold does the game take place in, like fantasy, modern, something else?

Modern fantasy is how I would summarize it. It's modern day with even some scattered sci-fi tech, but also magic. I would put it as a modern setting 70% magic, 30% sci-fi/magitech.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 01:28:07 pm »

Name: TricMagic
Description: Profile Photo
Interests: Magic, The World

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 01:59:32 pm »

oi, roboson! you forgetting something?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: After the End (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 02:54:24 pm »

He decided against M&M and deleted its Discord, Dustan. :p
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 03:06:10 pm »

It was a week of hell before you woke up inside the strange chamber. Seven days ago the world ended, and in that time, you had died to one of the many horrors that had come to infest the world. Upon waking up you crossed over to the elevator and went down one floor. Now you find yourselves in an empty room in some sort of bunker. Upon checking the elevator, there are half a dozen of similar empty rooms descending downward, each the same. Yet there is one button you haven't pressed, the one labeled "Surface." You have each been given another chance at life, how will you spend it?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 03:25:40 pm »

Oh god my character. At least we all know who my character is, where he is and what he's doing at all times at a quick glance.

TankKit looked around him. Well, there wasn't much else to do and he was kinda curious about what it was like on the surface. With that in mind, he said "Time to go see the surface. Everyone else wait here, I'll go and see if it's safe," and stepped into the elevator and pressed the button labeled Surface.

Go up to the surface after warning everyone else to wait. Get a good look at what's around me, if I see any danger immediately get back into the elevator and go back down. If I don't, make sure to examine how everything looks for a short while.

EDIT: I can't stop smiling at how much my character sticks out. It's just so funny.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 04:08:46 pm »

Check the computer about any info on the survivability of the surface. Is it radiated? Is it safe?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 04:38:03 pm »

TankKit
You go up to the surface to find yourself inside a large warehouse, almost like a hanger. You can see the remainders of crates, and scattered electrical pieces across the floor. Dried pools of blood, accompanied by drag marks can be seen from your location. Getting a quick look around, it seems the elevator at this level is surrounded by thick steel and cement, forming a dome shaped bunker. Scratches off to your left make you immediately thankful that whoever made this made it rather durable. You notice spent shell casings, likely from some sort of pistol. At least one of the people here didn't go down without a fight, though with only bloody drag marks leading out of the agape hangar doors, you feel fairly sure their end was less than savory. Taking a quick peek out the hangar door, you see that the warehouse stands alone in an open field. A road runs north south disappearing out of view in both directions. A small parking lot sits next to the warehouse, mostly black SUVs, mostly smashed or flipped over. To the west, off in the distance, a faint glimmer of an ocean can be  seen. To the east, a tree like about two or three miles off obscures your view.

GPeter
You go up to the computer and clear away a screen saver that says "Zero Industries." The computer seems as if it was booted up remotely only a few hours ago, and still seems to be compiling data. [8] Though, just looking at the number of error messages, you can tell that a lot of it is corrupted. [13] You manage to slowly track down a bit of relevant information from the chaotic data stream. "$%)@*# &he eclipse ended, however the unusual energy field remained. Low to moderate levels of M-radiation detected in various locations. Avoid repeated or prolonged exposure to the aurora. Mutations of class C have been documented in $^&# #&(!@#&...."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 04:54:45 pm »

Oooh, looks like we got lucky. Unless the thing is still around, but it looks like it isn't. Kinda spooky actually.

With this new information, TankKit heads back down the elevator and tells everyone else everything in that post, before putting forth his own theory. "I'm thinking we were chosen randomly to be cloned so humanity could continue surviving once the disaster had stopped. Of course, now there's a few questions. Who cloned us? What was the thing that caused the scratch marks? Is that thing still around? How fucked are we on a scale from 1 to 10? How injured is the thing? Is it even dead? Is it still here? These are questions I think I'll go up and look for the answers to, but GPeter, you got any information from that computer? Anything that suggests the computer caused us to wake up? If so, do tell me."

"Oh, and feel free to explore the area just outside the elevator. Completely safe from what I can tell.

Go back up the elevator and look to see which direction the drag marks lead to. If they lead in the direction of the black SUVs, ignore any actions that involve me going there. Otherwise, explore all of the black SUVs, examining exactly how they were damaged and looking for and grabbing anything that could be used as a weapon. Also examine and taste the blood to test how old it is. It works in the movies, it'll be fine. Also examine all the crates, how they were destroyed, and what they carried. Try to make an educated guess on what the place is based on all the evidence combined.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4