Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: After the End (Waitlist Open)  (Read 2132 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: After the End (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2018, 03:55:20 pm »

Time to go on a quest. Also I'm really curious as to what a map of the world looks like right now.

Looking around, TankKit sighs when he notices that apparently no one told GPeter to come. Sounded like he had gone off exploring on his own with the SUV too. What a great start. "Alright, so, here's the deal. Basically, the person on the other end of the phone was a woman, likely an agent of Zero Industries, who called to ask the previous owner of this phone how things were going. Naturally I told her that Griggs, the name of the owner in question, was dead and informed her of the situation. Apparantly the soul pods were supposed to recapture the souls of dead agents so they could continue their job but, for some reason, the soul pods caught our souls instead, which she didn't seem all too happy about. I have a theory about that, said theory being that the creature that killed those men also stole their souls, which meant the soul pods literally couldn't recover their souls and, still needing to catch something, they caught our souls instead. Anyway, I then basically asked her what was going on and oh boy, hold on to your seats because this is going to be a long explanation.

About a year and a half ago mysterious energy signals began appearing all over the world, growing in size and being noticed in mere weeks after they popped into existence. NATURALLY, it was named M-Rad and a few governments and tech companies decided 'Hey, there's this mysterious energy source we know nothing about except that it can make a bunch of fancy sci-fi shit, let's make fancy sci-fi shit! What's that, it can be used for inter-dimensional travel? WELL DON'T MIND IF I DO!' Then, about a week before the end of the world, M-Rad levels started going insanely high and oh shit the world ended, whoops. Who could of POSSIBLY SEEN THAT COMING!?

TankKit takes a second to regain his composure. Okay look, if I'm being honest, I can kind see the attraction to M-Rad, I just don't like how little they tested it first. I'm sure there was some sort of reason for it, likely being government or company politics and people wanting to be the first to exploit it I just... ugh. Anyway, as I was saying, these M-Rad spots rupturing caused explosions, other strange effects like anti-gravity and evolution fields, and, worst of all, the Reality Interrupting Field Terminals. RIFT for short. Portals to other dimensions where just about anything and everything could come through. And here comes the scary part. You know that ocean to the west? Apparently we're in the middle of the US, there shouldn't even be an ocean there and, even worse, that's the location of a small rift that opened up around twelve hours ago and probably the source of the creature that killed those agents. Which brings me to our mission: The protection and movement of the soul pods to the east before that RIFT reopens.

Simply put, we have four days to move the soul pods as far east as possible before that RIFT reopens and an even bigger ocean appears and completely covers our current location in water. Now the agent made this very clear and I'd like to make this even clearer: Those soul pods are more important than our lives. Not just because they're expensive to make, but because if we ever die they could save our lives too. Not only that, but if we do this we can then secure some favour with Zero Industries and, for anyone who wants to do that, may even be able to start working for them as field agents, thus securing at least some safety when we're not in the field. Now, personally, I believe that we'll have a far better chance of survival, not to mention being more informed and well armed, if we take the chance to start working for them, as the agent suggested, but it's up to you whether or not you want to join them. And uh, that's about it. She gave me some advice, which I'm going to follow, so here's the plan: Make some weapons to fight the nasties that get attracted to the M-Rad signature of the soul pods, get at least 2 vehicles so we can transport the deconstructed soul pods eastward, deconstruct the soul pods, travel eastward and hunker down in a defensible position, all preferably while not dying.

Any questions?"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2018, 06:56:36 am »

"I just heard some guy named Jim Higs on the radio and he said something about zombies attacking at night, not sure how much credence we should put in that, also how are we going to move the soul pods if we have not tools and the fact that guy stole the only running SUV we had?"

Go see it any of the other SUVs have any hope of still being able to work, look at the least damaged ones and see if I can get them to do anything.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2018, 07:02:54 am »

"Looks pretty easy to me, nothing specifies that tools are needed. And if tools are needed I dislike the person who designed these soul pods quite heavily."
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2018, 06:11:29 am »

Check the rest of this gas station for anything useful, then go back to the SUV and check it's fuel, do I have a lot of it? Or is it low?
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2018, 03:50:36 pm »

Wake up from long nap.

Look at the directory for general information on the world if possible, and anything else.

PS, sorry for being very late..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]