Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Empire (CURRENTLY ON HIATUS)  (Read 1033 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Empire (CURRENTLY ON HIATUS)
« on: December 18, 2018, 03:19:03 pm »

Empire is game similar to Risk and Diplomacy. Make armies, conquer enemies, become the Emperor, win the game.

Playerlist:
1. evictedSaint, Duke of Milan (lavender)
2. Parsely, Duke of Burgundy (purple)
3. vacant, Count Palatine of the Rhine (teal)
4. vacant, Duke of Bavaria (cyan)
5. vacant, Archduke of Austria (silver)
6. KhanBoyzitbig, Margrave of Brandenburg (dull brown)
7. Taricus, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg (orange)
8. TankKit, King of Bohemia (bright brown), also The Holy Roman Emperor

Spoiler: General Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HRE Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HRE Elections (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:04:08 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Empire
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 03:32:26 pm »

In as the Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 03:44:32 pm »

I claim King of Bohemia.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 03:47:49 pm »

Both added ;v
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 03:50:50 pm »

Oooh, I see. I claimed it the second I saw it's advantages after panicking slightly when I thought about how someone else might claim it when I want it, but it's actually a double sided coin. I'm the last to act, for one, which is quite troublesome. Not only that, but I have a 1 in 6 chance of losing the emperor-ship each turn. And rely on other people to become emperor. And rely on other people to stay emperor. Hmm. Yeah, I like it. Powerful, but limited in good ways. Now to go make my MSPaint plan...

EDIT: I just noticed something. With no diplomatic victory, there is literally no reason to vote for other people or to really engage in any diplomacy at all. In fact, doing so would just be a waste of time that would inevitably lead to your down fall. In fact, being elected the emperor by all sides is an impossible win since no one will want to do that. In fact, you may as well just get rid of the entire emperor system at that point, though I get why it is here due to the nature of the country this take place in. In fact, I said In fact way too many times in this paragraph. In fact, I propose that those who elect the emperor for the emperor victory also win since, you know, they're still alive, and they're the ones who put the emperor in power.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:04:44 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 04:09:57 pm »

Good points them all ;vc

Maybe also reduce it to 6 votes total? Three Emperorships in a row? Be Emperor at end of Turn XX?

EDIT: Now it's 6 votes and Player Electors win along.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:15:06 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 04:16:51 pm »

I'm fine with seven votes. I think making it so that you win if you have a specific number of Emperorships in a row would be too devastating and make no one want to be Emperor as everyone would immediately have to pile on top of the Emperor if they wanted to win, and that would then keep going until only one group is left. I'd say being Emperor at the end of turn 50 is a good win condition, since the game had likely gotten stuck in a stalemate if it takes that long.

EDIT: Just noticed the updated rules, sweet. Now diplomacy is important, yay! And just to clarify, I'm not doing this just because I'm Emperor. It is highly unlikely that I will always be Emperor, especially since there's a 1 in 6 chance I lose the Emperorship each turn.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:23:11 pm by TankKit »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 04:22:13 pm »

Time-limit Emperor is now 3rd condition, but without player Electors winning ;V
SigFlags!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 04:23:46 pm »

Alright, looks good to me.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 04:25:12 pm »

Player input is always a good thing c:

Now we just need the remaining 6 Princes.
SigFlags!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 04:31:46 pm »

I claim the Margrave of Brandenburg
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 04:41:09 pm »

And I immediately propose an alliance to you and Taricus. We are the three northernmost princes, meaning that so long as we are together we only need to worry about the south. I propose in my alliance that, when it comes to voting, we each vote for whichever one of us we think need the Emperorship the most. Not only that, but we also do not attack each other and, if any of us breaks the alliance, they will lose potential voting support as well as security. Finally, when it comes to splitting up the north between you, I suggest Taricus takes the western area of the north and Khan takes the east of the north, including the areas next to me. Therefore, Taricus goes west, Khan goes east. I suggest this course of action because once we have conquered the northern area we will be able to focus all of our soldiers southward, providing us with a substantial advantage when it come to fighting the southern princes.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 04:42:11 pm »

Added!

Hey @TankKit (and others?) what do you think about letting the Emperor dispense titles? When an Emperor is (re)elected, they can bestow titles on Electors, either Players (to reward them) or NPCs (to keep bonuses from Players).

Arch-Chamberlain: This Elector does not have to disband their excess Armies in Winter Phase.
Arch-Marshal: This Elector's Armies gain +1 to their combat rolls.
Arch-Bannerbearer: This Elector is moved to the first position of the Player movement order.

Basically the Emperor would be dispensing a part of their power (or reverse of it, for Arch-Bannerbearer) to their favorites ;v

EDIT: THough that might also include Electoral shifts/replacements.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:49:43 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 04:51:51 pm »

The dispensing of titles by the emperor makes sense to me.

As to the alliance offer, Sure. Sounds good to me, plenty of tasty land around to share.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 04:53:11 pm »

Hmm, that might provide the Emperor with too much power. I'd say the Arch-Marshal is okay-ish and the Arch-Bannerbearer is okay, with some changes, but the Arch-Chamberlain seems a bit too abusable. As for Arch-Bannerbearer, I say that instead of moving the player to the first position in the order, you improve their position in the order by 2. Therefore:

Arch-Bannerbearer: This Elector is moved up two positions in the Player movement order.
Arch-Marshal: This Elector's Armies gain +1 to their combat rolls.

It gives some more incentive to buddy up with the Emperor, as well as making those who are friends with the Emperor a worthy threat, while not giving the Emperor's side too much power. A bit meh about Arch-Marshal, but it looks okay to me.

Pages: [1] 2