Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hunters of the Darkness: Sign up:  (Read 2044 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunters of the Darkness: Sign up:
« on: December 16, 2018, 01:21:13 pm »

Well today is my birthday and would rather give a present than ask for one. Here it is, a supernatural world/organization to deal with said problems.

I hope you guys enjoy and this gets people.

IC:

As there are things that go bump in the night, You get to make up leader and organization details. Operatives (Agents in field of notable talent) Are randomly made by me, unless pick perks that allow creation of said type.

Leader Perks and flaws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Organization Perks and Flaws:

hope you guys have fun here. Last game of three right now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:36:10 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters of the Darkness: SIgn up:
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 01:47:07 pm »

Spoiler: Completed sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:48:10 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters of the Darkness: Sign up:
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 02:16:42 pm »

Nicely done. Will give til Wednesday to give people chance with ideas but you got it down.

Heck due to your choices your boss character can still be a operative. Just a squishy Mage as opposed to a deal or combat magician ( which is Commando with magic.)

But yes lots can happen and with your picks and flaw of radical burn and nonhuman boss. All three “ church” npcs are out to do you in like Catholics in Hellsing ( which is a basis.)

Also Operatives are either selected from pre made or you guys make your own depending on picks.

In  this case that would be lost world and worm hole. Depending on what your going for.

As for government sponsor. Rolled 1d3 sides.

3. So pick any three of following countries.

America
Russia
England
China
Japan
India
France
Germany

And so forth. Just has to be a country that has good deal of money.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 02:47:09 pm »

United States
England
Japan
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 02:48:35 pm »

Added some more infomation to the sheet.
Spoiler: Leader Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Organization Sheet (click to show/hide)
Picture this: A morally grey ancient organization dedicated to investigating the paranormal with tons of money to spend, multiple bases spread across the world, a space ship just in case, satellites ready to report any incidents the organization needs to investigate, A worm hole generator to send expeditions through to examine the paranormal, a workshop to make everything they need and their very own power core. Not only that, they have a vault full of all sorts of nasty stuff they need to protect and need to make sure the general populace does not discover the supernatural NO MATTER WHAT, all while being targeted by multiple groups that dislike the organization from reasons ranging from Human Supremacy to Revenge for morally grey actions.

Finally, the leader of the organization is a 257 year old human who worked in the military as a soldier and then commanding officer and is an absolute genius who runs the entire organization from his very own mansion with a family of other ancient humans to look after and, to top it all off, he is atheist and convinced that everything has a scientific reason for happening, and is determined to find out said scientific reason. Did I mention the organization is a family business? And that said family is made solely out of humans who age slower than normal?

I mean come on, if this isn't an epic story in the making, I don't know what is.

Assuming this is an SG, of course. If it's not, do tell me.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 02:52:07 pm »

It is a SG and you got the makings of something here. I do like both things. And yeah Operative characters not done yet except if builder. Because field agents have 250 perks which got to fill in and can Level some up to 4 rpg levels.

Still only have 12 flaws though but they are a hamper.

Edit: And Rolled multiple base roll. Have three all together. Estate and two others.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:54:43 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 03:06:35 pm »

Can I choose where they are?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 03:08:49 pm »

Can I choose where they are?

Yes, yes you can. Army base, research base, big ass decommissioned naval vessel and so forth.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 03:16:02 pm »

Can the spaceship be one of those bases?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 03:19:52 pm »

Yes, would be a big mother of a ship, good thing for cutting edge tech.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 03:29:52 pm »

Here’s an issue: I want to pick perks around us fighting fire with fire, but too many of the flaws involve hating said fire or being bad at it. Also, I’m just kinda generally not sure what to do to fill out my idea.

Anyway, here’s the basics of my idea:

If anyone else is interested in this general plan, please help me fill it out better. :p
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 03:34:23 pm »

That is to represent that despite you guys using said fire to protect, the general public and their masters are closed off, short sighted and have bigotry issues with would be saviors?  Trying to spice it up.

Glass s deal would unlock a ton of operative building. Just saying.

Another note: Allies/ Alliance would make it so you have a friendly npc who watches your back. Roll for numbers and which ones.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 03:43:39 pm »

Anyway, continuing my idea.
Issac Family Mansion in Eastern America: Base 1.
Un-launched Spaceship in England: Base 2.
Official TUSOPI HQ in Central Russia: Base 3.

The Spaceship is an emergency plan for if everything goes wrong and TUSOPI need to evacuate Earth for some reason, as well as a way of connecting the two distant bases together and making sure TUSOPI has good coverage over Earth. It's hidden just barely underground in an artificial forest that is known for being haunted due to no one ever coming out of there. Aokigahara is the code word for the location of the spaceship, though this is only known to members of TUSOPI, as a way of distracting anyone who may want to find it for one reason or another.

The TUSOPI HQ was the very first properly organized base TUSOPI had and for the majority of it's history was where the leader of the organization would work, though it has recently been prioritized less than the Issac Family Mansion due to an attack a few hundred years ago that destroyed thousands of years worth of progress, including the destruction of the original vault. A large problem TUSOPI is facing is that one of it's core beliefs is that the public must not know about the supernatural, but it has become increasingly difficult to hide said supernatural aspects from the public due to the destruction of the vault. Luckily the majority of the vault's contents were already moved over to the vault in the Issac family mansion at the time of the event, but the destruction of the original vault has proven difficult to deal with nonetheless.

Finally, the Issac family mansion. After the various organizations that oppose TUSOPI began to figure out where the TUSOPI HQ was, it was decided that for the safety of the entire organization the location of the TUSOPI HQ had to be changed so as to avoid a massive disaster destroying everything the organization worked for. Around 500 years before the HQ was attacked, a gargantuan process began to move everything vital the organization held there over to the Issac family mansion in, a place that the opposing organizations had long since dismissed as just another decoy, which it was. The biggest problem with this was moving everything over in secret, hence why it took so long. In fact, one of the organizations opposing TUSOP discovering that they were moving stuff out of somewhere was what allowed it to narrow down it's search significantly, causing the attack on the TUSOPI HQ. Luckily the organization did not have the foresight to figure out where they were going first, or TUSOPI may very well of been doomed. These days, TUSOPI HQ acts as a relatively faint decoy, most of the many organizations opposing TUSOPI having figured out that it contains barely any of the organization's secrets. Either way, it still contains some and is, in the end, still a TUSOPI base. With this in mind, it has recently begun to upgrade it's defenses in anticipation of an attack that may never come, or may come far too soon.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 08:28:40 pm »

A couple notes to bring up:

If you guys do good enough job, can “buy” perks for your organization ( Boss perks are stagnant and Operatives cannot get new perks, just level up what they have.)

Three lose conditions:

Run out of cash.
Everyone in company dies/over run.
The World is Humanity is wipes the Gell out.

Enemies: I wrote up 60 of them. Managed and got them in brackets. 10 tiers, 6 enemies.

1- Joke ultimately
10- Holy crap wrath of God/threat to all reality material.

Alliances: There are 12 npc factions that actually help your organization out with their own perks and operatives. Just need to buy Alliance (s) perk bought, can buy it up to al 12 times ( development point, not cash.)

So yeah going to roll enemies for game 1. And due to radicals/rivals. Have extra, human based enemies.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 11:37:24 am by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2018, 10:44:16 pm »

Willing to post ally options if want to use them in the future.

Also I rolled up your future enemies. It’s a surprise.

And due to some write ups can have extra two or three enemies for more fun.

There is a “ Iron Man” mode where instead of defeating main enemies, game is a win when *ALL* are defeated. Each defeated enemy gets rolled a replacement. Hardest mode is “ This is Hell.” In that, the enemy factions do not want turns to show up, they all engage in such over time, clogging up the world.
Pages: [1] 2 3