Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Tribes of the White Sea [5/5]  (Read 12691 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes of the White Sea [5/5]
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2018, 11:30:10 pm »

(I’d like to wait until the trading mechanics are more defined, but I also plan to trade one of our units of wealth in the trade with the Carazan.)
(I’m willing to trade a canoe for something that demonstrates some useful Carazan tech.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2018, 09:30:51 am »

(re:canoe – I'll keep that in mind but the only Carazan tech roleplayed this trip is our sailing ship and we need that to get home. You're welcome to stare at it though.)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2018, 11:49:31 am »

(Do you use sails? I guess we could take advantage of the concept of sails.)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2018, 03:13:59 pm »

(I’d like to wait until the trading mechanics are more defined, but I also plan to trade one of our units of wealth in the trade with the Carazan.)
(I’m willing to trade a canoe for something that demonstrates some useful Carazan tech.)
Trading routes can be set up at no cost. They'll allow your traders to freely go there and trade. It'll give you a decent chance of gaining some extra wealth every turn, and there's a smaller chance for things like resources or technology to spread. Also allows you to learn more about the other's culture and may inspire lore events

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2018, 03:47:53 pm »

Trading routes can be set up at no cost. They'll allow your traders to freely go there and trade. It'll give you a decent chance of gaining some extra wealth every turn, and there's a smaller chance for things like resources or technology to spread. Also allows you to learn more about the other's culture and may inspire lore events
Then I say may the trading commence!
Due to Keeper flavor, this is more along the lines of adding a new stop on our routes where we’ll meet the Carazan for trade, as opposed to having dedicated traders going back and forth between our lands.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2018, 04:43:12 pm »

Spoiler: The Searching Tribe (click to show/hide)
You know, as I was writing this it really made me think about how lucky both the Plefir and the Lycians are that written history doesn't exist yet and this incident has been almost completely forgotten by the Plefir, because holy shit would this would cause a hell of a grudge if it did, even if the Lycians actually weren't the people who did this to them. I'm thinking that maybe the people who did this to the Plefir were some ancient ancestors of one of the tribes that makes up the Lycians, maybe a powerful tribe that moved further north over time. While I don't really talk all that much about how the beast riders were affected, quite a few of them actually did take injuries and some did die. The Plefir were worried to touch the corpses however, since they were pretty afraid of the beast riders because who wouldn't be in that situation?

By the way, these events take place pretty far back. Not THAT far back, but very far back nonetheless.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2018, 04:54:01 pm »

Beast riders? North? Sudden Winter? I think I know which (non-cannon) tribe that is  :P

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2018, 04:55:15 pm »

Hmm? I feel like I missed something. Did I miss something? Let me guess, a reference to something?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 04:56:59 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2018, 05:06:39 pm »

My wait list tribe are beast riding northmen who worship a winter god.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2018, 05:29:01 pm »

Well, north only means the north of the Plefir mountain, which is far south, the beasts are horses, the Plefir just don't know it yet, and the winter wasn't sudden, it was normal. Still would be interesting for our tribes to interact though, since the Plefir believe volcanoes to be gods trying to revive dead gods and the eruptions to be stages of the ritual of revival completing. Of course, only those volcanoes that erupt five times, therefore going through all five stages, truly revive all the pieces of the god in the mountain. Also Imvton's permission is needed to do this. Oh, and the only volcano the Plefir know about is somewhere in one of the southern mountains.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2018, 07:01:26 am »

(taking over for the Reach, as they're now NPC, full update will come once this interaction is settled)

The Reachen emissaries kneel down before Nafir. Though unable to comprehend the Plefir language, they understand the gist of it. The leader introduces himself as Tomirion.

From the following slew of words and gestures, the Plefir understand the following: "Praise the Spider", "Want trade", "Want hard grey rock" and "Take wives"

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2018, 07:15:45 am »

Interesting. First of all, they definitely praised Segdoress or at least some lesser version of Segdoress. Secondly, there languages were similar enough that these emissaries were at the very least able to get the general gist of the Plefir language. Then there was their trade offer. It sounded like they wanted to give the Plefir women in return for their precious iron, a deal that was simply unacceptable. The Plefir had plenty of women, and if they just gave away their iron so easily and for such a bad deal then they would be unlikely to prosper much in the future. Instead he communicates a different deal to the emissaries, bringing out two small rocks, one of labradorite and one of iron, using them to help him communicate. The emissaries would likely be able to understand the following: "Want trade", "Have shiny rock" "No grey rock" "Give silk"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2018, 07:24:36 am »

The emissaries seem incredibly excited when seeing the green-black sparkly labradorite. "Yes, good rock. Silk give"

Then, they add another sentence. "No wife for rock. Wife trade. Child speak."

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2018, 07:57:11 am »

It seemed they liked this new deal. And it seemed the second deal they were proposing was a trade of wives, so they could better learn each other's languages perhaps? It would certainly make things easier. He just needed to confirm that's what they meant. "Wife for wife?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2018, 08:07:49 am »

The emmissaries clap excitedly, nodding the affirmative. They bring forth a beautiful girl, with scarlet hair and eyes like sparkling gemstones. "Wife you! Wife you!" They say. "Kalhilda eyes of good rock blue!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7