Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58

Author Topic: Divine Fuckery: The End is Nigh  (Read 118296 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: Sample Title
« Reply #765 on: February 02, 2019, 05:42:14 am »

"You know, having a god of Entropy try to reverse the very thing he's best at seems like a bad idea to me."
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 02, 2019, 05:45:31 am »

"Yes, to be fair that is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #767 on: February 02, 2019, 06:37:57 am »

"You gods don't know what you want. I do nothing and you're all 'Oh, he's doing nothing.' I try to fix things and you're all 'Oh, he's doing something.' There's no pleasing you people. What would make you happy? Want me to put it up to a vote or something?"

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: February 02, 2019, 06:46:55 am »

"We did not all complain about you doing nothing. So far, one god told you he believed in you. Two other gods have then expressed concern at you following that one god's advice and attempting to do the very thing that got us into this mess. Those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them."
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 02, 2019, 07:28:02 am »

"I don't mind if you want to help. I don't believe that it will guarantee the same outcome as before. However, acknowledge the irony. You can only learn from past mistakes if you accept that they were mistakes.
...And aren't afraid to try just because you've failed, Credst."

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 07:31:08 am by Egan_BW »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 02, 2019, 08:14:05 am »

"We'll see."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 02, 2019, 02:49:44 pm »

“I REPEAT MY ACTIONS SINCE SO FAR THEY HAVENT ACTUALLY NOT WORKED. SO THERE’S THAT.”
Ďlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #772 on: February 05, 2019, 01:34:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spread my knowledge to the people of the Theocracy. Then search for the Core.
[3]
Enryu attempts to spread his knowledge  but the people of the theocracy fail to grasp it.

[3]
His continued attempts to find the core also end in failure, though he does hear of a certain burrow that might lead there.

Name: Hectorclese the Stout
God level: Minor
Power: 7 - probably
Sphere: Victory and Feasting
Description: The Heartiest of Hearty Boys, the pinnacle of what they can be; big and strong, he's always on the lookout for something to eat. He walks among mortals with a dim glow around him, a clear sign of his deification.
Notes: Smarting over the loss of some Hearty Boys in the Food Invasion
100 Food beasts and 50 Hearty Food Boys

"Ah, bugger it."

Create some beasties for my FoodBoys to fight. Proper feasting cannot be done without proper victory.

Maintain small efforts to get the Chaotic Food Realm back toward Akahet.

Also give Borkle 1 power to solve the problem with entropy.

[6][3]
Hectorclese creates 191 "Angry Boys" effectively food based duplicates of the hearty boys but with an unending anger and no real sense of fair play.  They immediately begin fighting the Food Boys while Hectorclese gets out and starts pushing the realm back towards the mortal realm.

Attom is dead! Long live to Uzina!

Spoiler: Ureus (click to show/hide)

Carve through the mecha-spiders and consume Attom corpse.
[2]
Ureus proves that reincarnation is apparently a real thing in the world, at least as far as luck is concerned.

...I'm suspicious now. The lack of power floating around noted in the last turn. The -1 power gain this turn. The sudden malaise of the mortals. The lack of much going on besides us. The death of the energy siphons. Something's happening.

Spend 6 power on creating a strong, sealed mechanical suit in the shape of a Mechaspider that contains my body of swirling energy, and all my power, within it, allowing for no change in power while I'm wearing it.

Also spend 1 power on assisting Borkle.

"I think something's happening. Something to do with power. I suggest all of you prepare for it."

[3+3]
Credst creates a power insulation suit in the shape of a giant spider mech that he can contain himself within. His power is sealed away and protected, however in order to get a complete seal he has to seal himself in such that not even he can escape without outside help.

1 Power, repair the hole in the barrier, installing a gate that allows those I choose through sans power cost. Don't let Uzina through if possible, but focus on building the gate.

Give my last 1 power to Anaconda.

Spend time in Ep's burrow cities selecting and empowering volunteers to be my new reapers. They must be of strong moral character. Invite Cawder to stand by my side as an emissary to the mortal realm. (Help him find me first)

Now that the underworld force has been repaired, claim the souls of ths destroyed part of the mortal realm and rebirth them as soul golems to be my overworld forces.

[1+1]
Manor attempts to build a sort of toll gate in the open barrier around the mortal realm but can't manage to get it to come together.
[3]
Manor collects a handful of people he thinks are able to be his reapers, but there are very few he deems worthy. He calls out to Cawder as well, though its hard to tell if Cawder hears him.
[6]
Manor gathers all the souls of the underworld and gifts them new, stony bodies that are fit to be his soldiers. He then brings them to the mortal realm. 450 in total.

Enryu has achieved perfection of mind. Now it's time to get a sweet body. Enryu will train his body in the arts of combat for an entire nine years, no breaks or pauses allowed. He wants to get swole. Then he'll try and look for the core.
[4][6]
Enryu trains his mortal body for 9 years, achieving perfection, or at least as close as a demigod can get.  That done, he sets off yet again in search of the core. This time, moving through burrows that seem to link distant places impossibly, he discovers the core of Akahet: The still beating heart of the God of Gods and the remnant power of the Omniphage.

...I'm suspicious now. The lack of power floating around noted in the last turn. The -1 power gain this turn. The sudden malaise of the mortals. The lack of much going on besides us. The death of the energy siphons. Something's happening.

Spend 6 power on creating a strong, sealed mechanical suit in the shape of a Mechaspider that contains my body of swirling energy, and all my power, within it, allowing for no change in power while I'm wearing it.

"I think something's happening. Something to do with power. I suggest all of you prepare for it."

"You're right. Nobody has gained power in decades, and whatever this is, it's affecting the mortals too."

Investigate to find a solution to the entropy problem. I ask my monks to assist me.

Spoiler: Ep (click to show/hide)
[5]
There are two solutions, as Ep sees it.  The first is to somehow convince the god of entropy to destroy these things. Unlikely. The second is to somehow remove or undermine them. Send them to another universe or something.

Explore the burrows and try to learn them to the best of my ability. If Manor is found, take him up on his offer and assist in selecting volunteers.
Spoiler: Cawder (click to show/hide)
[1]
Cawder gets even more lost. His losing streak continues.

"...It would appear that we each individually were too invested in our own projects to notice that the universe is getting eaten. I propose that we do something about this? Everyone?"

Create an Antropy Point and fling it into the nearest Entropy Point, causing them to annihilate.

(Absorbing 2 Power from Lilith and 1 Power from Manor:)
Spend 3 Power to create a void creature which consumes Entropy and also naturally reproduces. The Eater of Cold.
Create an Antropy Point inside the Mechserpent Armada, using my own body to shield them from the resulting light and heat, projecting an Antropy field which will hopefully give my followers their initiative back.

Observe my... daughter? Son? What exactly is a hearty Naga anyways? Does it have a soul? What does it eat? How big is it? How big will it grow to be?
Try to keep my offspring warm and fed, away from the slowing universe. Wrap it up in my own body and feed it my own flesh, if I have to.

Spoiler: Anaconda (click to show/hide)
[3+2] Anaconda creates a being called the Eater of Cold, which naturally reverses entropy as a method of feeding.
[6] She then creates an actual sun directly in the middle of the Armada and coils round it. Ow, Ow, ow.
The Hearty Naga is a male, very buff and quite large. It has no soul but it can theoretically grow to any size by devouring power.  It feeds on the sun for now.

”BOOOOOOORRRKKLLEEE PAAAAAUUUNCH”
Borkle spends 1Power on PAUNCHING the problem
(Could I get some more power from others? I don’t wanna spread Meself thin

I count 4 power lent from others, meaning a total of 5. I'll assume you keep 2 and use the other 3 for the action.
[1+2]
Borkle Punches reality and the universe wiggles a bit but doesn't seem to change much, if at all.

Go to the ocean and feast on the dead.
If possible, lend Borkle my remaining power to punch the problem away.

[3] TAMI spends a decade nibbling on the dead.

Lilith nods to herself, and sends 2 power to Anaconda's Action

"I look forward to working together with you in the future, slithery friend. My name is Lilith, guardian of the Forest Sanctum."

She spends the rest of her turn attempting to draw some power from the Nature and Life present within her Sanctum; not draining the life mind you, just trying to passively absorb the energy.

Name: Lilith
God Level: Minor
Power: 4 - 2 = 2
Spheres: Life and Nature
Description: An entity born from the fertile flesh of Akahet's more hospitable areas, Lilith is a collection of plant matter that has molded itself into the shape of a humanoid.
[4]
Lilith manages to skim off 1 power from her garden without damaging it.

((Y'know, judging by the note in the OP, it's permissible to send secret PMs as long as you cc the GM as well. Just sayin'. I imagine some folks - TOTALLY NOT ME - might lack the self-control to keep themselves from reading such correspondence.

Also, hoo boy, triple kill. Whoopsie. Soz God. In my defence, it was clearly the clumsiness of your less-brilliant creations that was to blame. :P
Gonna have to consider my IC reaction to this... for now, though, a placeholder action. Dang, intentionally or not, I wish I got to see the normal power gains for that sort of ownage...))

Placeholder action: pilot the Food Cruiser into the mortal realm through the gap I created before it can be sealed, barging aside any attempts to do so.

Park/hover somewhere high in the sky and begin cooking the divine remains of Attom (along with any mechaspider bits that may have been squished in the fracas) into a magnificent, powerful dish to honour His memory.

Send some raiding parties of elite food elementals down to the surface to gather tasty and nutritious ingredients in order to make this meal the tastiest ever created.
If they can't make their own way down, oversee the construction of a Divine Dumbwaiter to ferry them to the surface.
Chuck any wayward scraps of power in the vicinity into the mix, too. Stir thoroughly.

Finally, be ready to rush to defend us using the Pressure Cooker if we are threatened, from within or without the mortal realm.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
[1]
Uzina brings the Food Cruiser into low orbit above the mortal realm and sends his forces down to gather ingredients. They come back with some twigs and sand.  Uzina attempts to use these "Spices" to cook Attom's corpse but ends up with what amounts to sandy charcoal with bits of metal in it.

"It feels like something has gone wrong in the universe, but I have no way to do anything about it so its not my problem."
Its time to actually do something, build a new house out of stone and build a chemistry lab inside, then make my poorly made wooden zebras alive using SCIENCE!
[4][2]
Dr.Bob creates a chemistry lab and house just fine. They're nothing spectacular but they're just fine. However, his attempts to create living wooden zebras are for naught.

Name : Lorgar
demigod
power = 0
Description : Magnificent hearty boi with fabulous claymore

Borkle taught us to punch things to become stronger, to aspire to by punching things yet unpunched. I will punch you down from your false throne
Challenge Sucker to get him out of his rotten throne
Lorgar shouts into nothing about things that are questionably true.

"Ugh. Fine. Guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try."

1 Power: Try to fix this entropy problem. Destroy the spots, fill the sky with stars, all that jazz.

1 Power: Use the Edge of Oblivion's god-slaying power to slay Lorgar (sprinkled chariot) and reap his soul if he insists on attacking me. Also point out that I don't have a throne.

[4+1 ERROR]
Sucker attempts to destroy the points of entropy throughout the universe but his Sphere does not allow such actions. The god of entropy can not do the opposite of his nature. [+1 power]

Begin eating local children that get lost near the woods. Spare just enough to spread my legend.

(Retreat to the safety of the preserve if they hunt me.)

Spoiler: Thorn (click to show/hide)
[4] Thorn can't exactly eat children in the woods, seeing as it had been driven into the sea. But it could nibble toes at the beach. Which it did, continuing until gaining minor folklore status.
Again!
[5] The mortals are easy pickings this time and Thorn nibbles off toes left and right. Which is to say it eats toes on both feet AND very commonly.

NPC actions:
Organic life begins to die off in large numbers. Those that remain are slowed, lethargic, hungry, and unable to act very well.  Mechanical life remains but suffers from difficulty maintaining energy reserves. Worlds and realms begin to cool and freeze over.

Power:
Credst +0
Anaconda +1
All others -1.

If unable to reduce your power because you're at 0, reduce your god level to the one under it (Major to minor, minor to demi). If demi at 0, you die. Reducing to a different god level gives you full power for that god level.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: The weather outside is frightful...
« Reply #773 on: February 05, 2019, 01:51:03 pm »

((Wow, the entropy crisis is really tearing us apart now. I think that's Enryu, Ureus, Cawder, Užina, Dr. Bob, Lorgar, and Thorn dead from energy drain. Probably some more too, from the inactive demigods.))

"I wonder. My burrow is technically outside the universe. Since Sucker cannot act against his nature, could we isolate the entropy points by sending them to my realm and sealing it off?"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:26:14 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #774 on: February 05, 2019, 01:56:52 pm »

"Hey. I tried. I can give you a quick and painless death if you want."

1 Power: Use the Edge of Oblivion to slay Enemy post and suck his power before he can waste it killing me.

Start gathering the power and souls of the dead gods and mortals. Feed on their death.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:32:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 05, 2019, 01:57:37 pm »

((Wait I died?. Damn it, and I was just going to do a thing. Oh well.))

With its last breath. Dhaka will try and fuse with the Heart, and become something more than a shade destined to die and be forgotten.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:55:03 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 05, 2019, 02:02:14 pm »

Third time is the charm?

Spoiler: Udreas (click to show/hide)

Tear mechaspiders to build the paradoxical-entropynator.

The energy (god power) that went missing should have end somewhere (well turned it into energy of lower value to be exact) this machine twist space-time to give Udreas all that missing energy.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 05, 2019, 02:05:21 pm »

"Feast, my creation. Consume the cold and let the universe be hot!"

Absorb energy from my sun. Stay warm while the Eater does its thing. If I can absorb Power from the sun, give 1 Power directly to the mechserpents to keep them going.

Spoiler: Anaconda (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:13:29 pm by Egan_BW »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 05, 2019, 02:38:10 pm »

IF I am still alive, then try to create a wall of flesh around myself to negate power loss. IF I am dead, then be dead.
(Did I give all my power to Borkle or not?)

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: Vibrating and Penetration
« Reply #779 on: February 05, 2019, 02:39:47 pm »

Sweet, now to not touch anything until the problem is resolved.

Credst does nothing.

"Told you so. Also, I would help, but without access to my power I may end up messing your escape plans up, so I'm just going to stay here. I would suggest you all contribute to creating some sort of massive beast that can eat entropy, preferably using as much power as you can risk so that it actually works and we don't all freeze to death. I would ask someone to crack my suit open to let me help, but that just seems counter productive. I only just made it after all. Besides, you'd be better off donating your power to the cause of saving the universe."

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58