Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 58

Author Topic: Divine Fuckery: The End is Nigh  (Read 118488 times)

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: Space arenas, Food elementals, and Sentient Divine Cancer.
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2018, 11:08:57 am »

Did someone say create?
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2018, 11:09:58 am »

((OOC: Yup, someone needs to make mortals for the Realm of Mortals))

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2018, 11:33:13 am »

I claim the right to create humanity and, if I ever become a major god, the right to have humanity as a sphere!

Seriously though, it fits really nicely too. Creation and Destruction, the most basic description of humanity. Also I have a few self imposed rules that mean I want to be as even as possible when it comes to creation and destruction, which in turn means I really need to create some stuff or my hat's gonna shatter.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2018, 11:39:53 am »

((OOC: I'm gonna have the evil half of AKHAT create monsters and it will live deep in the ocean of the Realm of Mortals))
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 12:53:39 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Ďlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2018, 12:31:39 pm »

I'll probably create some sort of workshop that negates failures in a really high mountain. I may even create my second divine item in it, my Staff of Creations to go along with my Spear of Destruction. Assuming A CERTAIN SOMEONE doesn't change their action, of course. LOOKING AT YOUUUU, MANOR.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2018, 01:53:32 pm »

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2018, 02:01:15 pm »

Turn in progress.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 02:05:34 pm by piecewise »

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2018, 03:36:52 pm »

Noice

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Divine Fuckery: A god game that would make Zeus proud.
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2018, 04:45:09 pm »

Spoiler: Slime (click to show/hide)

Eat the light from the cancer-god and the dust and debris of the battle to become larger.

Use the gained mass and energy to procreate.

Me and my children will spread ourselves into very thin sheets to become solar sails and drift through space.

I will try to fly towards the chaos realm.

[3]
Slime attempts to feed on the debris of the birth of Akhat and succeeds only on becoming mildly dirty.
[6]
Slime, despite its lack of mass, transforms itself into a great sail in an attempt to ride the solar winds through space. However, there are no solar winds because there are no suns, particularly now that the Trickster god is dead. Instead Slime ends up as a thin coating on the surface of Indivita, who happens to be near by.

Sorry Anaconda, but you should of taken your chance when I threw the spear to you. The deal was that you would get to keep it if you got it. :P In all seriousness though, I'll make you another spear some time later but I need my divine weapon, ya know?

Retrieve my Spear of Destruction and create a race of sentient and sapient machines with the sole purpose of using any and all resources they can reach to create new things, including the resources they've already used. Make them near the Realm of Chaos.

...At least the Omniphage is no more.

God of Souls, as your Divine King I demand you grant my Wyrms souls and consciousness after I create them.

One problem has been solved: The Ompniphage is dead. Now we only have to deal with the god of Megalomania. :P

Actually, this raises a good question. Piecewise, is there any way to go past Major Godhood?
(( I believe they call that Plus Ultra~. Its a good question. Lets see if anyone forces me to answer it. ))

Credst leaves the newly born divine cancer and retrieves the Spear of Destruction.
[5]
Seeing as he is a minor god, and not capable of the creation of sapient races, he instead creates a race of mechanical spiders. They have no mind as such and are instead driven entirely by a program of constant expansion, utilization of resources for the creation of more of their technology, and constant self improvement. With no land to place them upon, Credst deposits them in the void, wrapped in precise geometric steelsilk webships.

Spoiler: Attom (click to show/hide)

Empower the food elementals, now they will be the servants of a mayor god not the simple creations of a minor one. (1 energy to this)
[3+1]
Attom raises his food elementals from simple monsters to a full fledged race. Though no more physically powerful than before, they are now capable of far more than rudimentary violence. They are capable of far more sophisticated violence.

Ep pokes out of his mouse hole into the light of the Arena.

"Well, that took a while. At least I'm finally free. So, what'd I miss?"

(Cue montage of Chronophage, Hearty Boys, Chaos ships, and the cancer god.)

"Oh."

Ep senses the existence of a weak Hearty Boy and scurries out to meet Enal.

"Hi! You might not recognize me, but I'm Ep. I was trapped in a maze for the past 20 years, but I finally got out! Anyway, I'm the patron deity of...let's call it "underdogs". I approve of your usage of cleverness in a world where brute strength reigns! I have some stuff to do, but I have a gift for you first."

Give Enal a point of power, and then continue trying to master the tunnel maze. Spend a point of power on it.

Spoiler: Ep (click to show/hide)

By the way, Piecewise, could you put the link to the game record in the OP? It's a little easy to miss buried in the thread.
((Done.))
Ep grants a point of his power to Enal, along with a pep talk, before returning to the burrow maze. [4+1] At long last, he finishes mapping the maze and can now navigate it at will.

Spoiler: The Prowler (click to show/hide)

Glide towards the Realm of Chaos, succing the chaotic energy.
Spend the succed power to create Void Daggers.

The Prowler, as a demigod, lacks the capacity to traverse the void on its own. It will need the aid of a greater god or some means of transport, such as the voidships employed by the Mechaspiders or the Denizens of the Realm of Chaos.  Constructing one of those, however, is within The Prowler's power, so if you want to explore space, build yourself a ship first.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tries to leak out of the Akhat.
[6]
Vurol jettisons itself from Akhat with great force, leaving a smear of slimy matter behind itself as it streaks through the void like a comet of rainbow snot. That trail of slime coalesces into a giant gooey, multicolor nebula: The Great Slime Belt.

My subjects, now is the time I must say goodbye. I shall now commit holy suicide and create a realm for mortals, for far too long have they been stuck in those tiny islands floating in the void. God of Life and God of Souls, I order you to make this world suitable for mortals. Now goodbye loyal inferior beings.

10 Power: Split my soul and body. The good of my soul shall stay in my body so that my divine creation shall be perfect. There's no way I, a perfect divine being will have enough evil in me to do anything more than minor misshapes as a disembodied evil half of a Major God...

10 Power: Reshape my body and the good part of my soul into what shall be the Realm of Mortals, a gigantic world separated from the Realm of Gods by an invisible barrier, no being, mortal or immortal, shall be able to exit it unless they pay a quantity of 3 power. Bounded will the concept of linear time be to this world, and I shall sacrifice my Sphere of time to do so.

This process of creation will be stretched out to last seven days, seven hours and seven minutes, the sacred number of AKHAT

[4+4][6+4]
Akhat, newly born, exists in terrible perfection only briefly.  The dual mind which birthed it splits once more, down new lines.  All evil, all hate, all desire, lust, and greed are ripped from the being and condensed into a single point of ultimate darkness and flung forth into the void. The Heart of Antipathy, red star of evil, contains not only this darkness but also great power and the malignant immortal will of the Omniphage. It waits, eternally hungry, for its time.

Akhat, purged of all evil, glows with radiance for seven days, seven hours, and seven minutes as its perfect crystalline form dies and from the corpse is born a new world. It is a world of beauty, of forests and plains and mountains, ice sheets, deserts, great rivers, and an infinite ocean, all upon a disc of perfect crystal suspended in the void.  Time within this new realm runs only forward and all there are bound to it. And around the realm is a barrier, last gift from Akhat, which protects this new world from all who would thoughtlessly meddle with it. None may enter, place beings, or otherwise effect that world without expending the power needed to cross into it. Those within can exit freely, but cannot return freely. 

But that realm of mortals, AKAHET, though inhabited by many gentle beasts, has no race of sentient beings to call it home. It is a quiet and empty place, beautiful, but alone.

Name: Ultra
God Level: Demi
Power: 3
Description: A magnificent Hearty Boy whose eyes glow with incandescent power.
Notes: -

Victory... but at what price? Truly this buffet is one of delicious woe, of full belly but empty wallet. Now is the time to reflect and rebuild.

Teach the surviving Hearty Boys introspection and philosophy, that they might learn from this tragedy and appreciate the world around them.

[3]
Ultra, his mind expanded by his time in the Food Fights, attempts to teach the tenets of Philosophy to the remaining Hearty boys. Despite his best efforts, the Boys seem to fail to grasp anything he is saying and instead answer all his rhetorical or philosophical questions with either blunt and unthinking responses or requests for more protein powder.

Name: Hectorclese the Stout
God level: Minor
Power: 5
Sphere: Victory and Feasting
Description: The Heartiest of Hearty Boys, the pinnacle of what they can be; big and strong, he's always on the lookout for something to eat. He walks among mortals with a dim glow around him, a clear sign of his deification.
Notes: Heightened curiousity

Spend 3 power organising the Hearty Boys into a fighting force to match the flow of elementals from Attom's Kitchen, making sure they are able to defeat the food elementals with enough time after victory for proper Feasting prior to sallying forth to defeat the next wave.

Edit: This will obviously require re-connecting Borkle's Arena with the Kitchen. Do that first, with some magnificent space bridge or something.

Bread, in recognition of Uzina's prowess and its role in Hectorclese' rise to godhood, is treated with the highest reverence.

[6]
Hectorclese, in his new godly zeal, organizes the Hearty Boys beneath his divine banner and equips them all with Knifeswords, Forkspears, and Plateshields before leading them into Attom's kitchen. Though his intent is to simply make them an easily dominant force, the hunger for battle overcomes them as they raid deeply into the Kitchen Hells.
[1v6]
Lost in madness, the Hearty Boys fight too far in and find themselves lost and surrounded in the Hells. They manage, after a time, to fight their way back out but the cost is great. 58 Hearty Boys are lost in the Kitchen, bringing their total number down to a mere 18 survivors.

Quote from: Uzina the DECEASED Baron of the Bakery Hells
Name: Užina
Power: 0
Description: A tall, humanoid figure seemingly formed out of flexible breadrolls, with bagel hands and tomato soup in place of blood. Its head is a dark, hefty loaf of rye, with only a couple of creases and a cryptic pattern of seeds and flour resembling anything akin to a 'face'.
Notes: Awakened food elemental
Dead and eaten
If I have any shreds of consciousness left, attempt to pray to my newly-empowered Lord Attom in the hopes that he might look favourably on his once-useful servant and bring me back to life.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Edit:
If Lord Attom does see fit to resurrect me, strut about amongst my comrades as an inspiring reminder of His awesome power and benevolence.
Then help shape the food elementals into an even greater fighting force than they were, organising training and the forging of weapons/armour suited to our deliciously strange forms.
I'm thinkin' baguette bludgeons, spaghetti spears, corn cuirasses with pumpkin pauldrons... maybe even some zucchini zweihanders for heavy troops or an extra-spicy capsicum catapult with which to bombard the Hearty Boys as they advance.   
Also try and fortify the Great Kitchen if we have time.    
[3] If he hears your last request, he does not answer.

Name: Borkle, He-Who-Punches-Your-Face
Power: 15
Sphere: Beating the snot out of things. AKA Combat and Battle

These boys need to start making themselves. Begrudgingly invite Aigresaur back to help MAKE MORE MUSCLEY LADS. Keep an eye on her/him/it to make sure she doesn't do any funny stuff. While it's doing that, Send a message to the DIVINE CANCER FUCK to STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY CRIB

Spend the rest of the decade working on a way to forge metal gauntlets to MAKE MAH BOYS MORE PUNCHY

((Aigre I really like hate the Khorne/Slaanesh thing we got goin on))
[4]
Borkle punches up -literally- some armored gauntlets and plate armor for the remaining Hearty Boys.  He sends several messages into the abyss as well, but the ones directed at the god of procreation go unheeded.

Pray to Borkle for divine assistance in making great sacred protein fointain, if I don't get it, build up on my own and go to killing food elementals
[1] Flexius is caught up in the food fight raids under the newly ascended Hectorclese and follows in search of sources for his protein fountain. However, he is slain somewhere within the Butcher Pits.

Use 1 power to  teleport anaconda to chaos land, ensuring that they get a message on the way to remember my assistance

Use 3 power to aid in the crestion of the world of mortals, imbuing all being in its creation with souls and a sacred live of life, with reverence of death. May we create a beautiful world.

Before I do all this, fly to the edge of the mortal realm and stay away from those who would cause me trouble.

"Anaconda, rremember my aid, and rule this land of chaos."

[2+1][2+2]
Manor gives Anaconda a shove in the direction of the realm of chaos before drifting over to the edge of the forming Realm of Mortals and casting life down upon it before the barrier can close and lock the world away from all. The souls he casts into the world find not a single race or species to inhabit and instead spread randomly among the beasts, endowing clusters of them with sapience.

Design the perfect female being. It will be the fairest and universally attractive to all species. All shall love her and despair!

[4] Aigresaur creates a mold for a female being more beautiful and terrible than any that currently exist. It simply needs to be filled with power and purpose.

Indivita understands that, no matter how well this creation of the mortal realm goes, it will be a very powerful event; at the best, worldshaping, and at the worst, apocalyptic. The outcome wasn't important. What mattered was all that spare power going to waste... That it could make better use of.

As such, Indivita opened its cube into a concave circle, eventually forming into a sort of a bowl. It expended one power to harden its form to be sure it would survive the coming wave of energy, then did its best to capture everything that came its way.
[3+1] Indivita forms itself into a bowl and gathers energy from the creation of the Mortal realm, gaining 3 power in the process.

harness the energy of food elementals to fly a rocket gauntlet into the unknown in an attempt to find more punchable things.
”Hey Borkle I’mma fly this ship to the end of the universe and punch exotic thing, alright?”
[3]
??? survives Hectorclese's conscription and the great Food Invasion that follows, but his subsequent attempts to build a food powered fist rocket end up with nothing more than a big soggy mess of entrees.

Design the perfect female being. It will be the fairest and universally attractive to all species. All shall love her and despair!

If this action succeeds in any fashion, Vijiriwek will chain the resulting creature up in a cocoon, then hang said metal cocoon from a web constructed above the arena.  Her wiles are too powerful to be left uncontained!

Else, assist with the punchy god's attempt to arm his hearty boys by giving them chains to wrap around their fists.

Spoiler: Vijiriwek (click to show/hide)
[2]
Vijiriwek attempts to aid in the creation of armor but his chain webs mostly just get in the way, causing Borkle to shoo him with a friendly punch.

"Gods. Damn."

"Anaconda, remember my aid, and rule this land of chaos."

"Uh, who were you again? Were you the one who decided to throw a lance of pure destruction to me rather than just hand it over like a sane person?"

Space. spaaaaaaaaaace.

Spoiler: Anaconda (click to show/hide)
Anaconda, shoved by Manor, drifts through the void towards the realm of chaos. She does not reach it however, because she collides with one of the Chaos Voidships.
[1v4]
The Chaos-spawn capture her in her weakened state and imprison her within the entropy engine of their craft, augmenting their craft with her mechanical form and the echos of the Chronophage within. Their craft, now partially divine itself, continues on in search of worlds to conquer.

Upon the chaos-plains of the trickster god's corpse, a many-eyed worm gibbers at the dark sky. Suddenly, it shrieks in ecstasy and explodes into a storm of blue-green chunks. Stepping out of the gore is the trickster god reborn in the frail form of an old man, dark of skin and white of teeth. He grins from underneath his gray hood and picks up one of the twitching worm-eyes.
"Nice to meet you!", he says as he squeezes the eye, causing the pupil to bulge threateningly and then pop with a viscous SPLURP. "Oh my!" The man staggers backwards, his eyes blinded by the vile jelly. He clears his face and looks around.
In the distance, a pair of enormous flesh-amalgams swallow each-other's latter-halves, their stomachs engorging to the point that they can no longer fit through the other's jaws. He begins to move towards them, but thinks better of it and turns away from the gagging forms. Perhaps there are others more like himself in this brave new world.

Find chaos creatures with whom I can communicate, learn their ways.
Name: Baba Chik
Description: old weather-beaten black man with a gleaming smile, splattered with worm-goo
Notes: 

[5]
Baba Chik, though grotesque and odd by the standards of the chaos spawn, gains influence and knowledge quickly, learning the many constantly fluctuating tongues of the realms and their brutal, inconsistent, glorious ways. He garbs himself is gibberflesh togas and crowns of teeth, proselytizing to the masses and the hordes about the great kindness of violence and the fearful violence of kindness. All in the great hatemind grow to adore him.

Train with the legendary weapon I just made, and help kill food elementals if they show up.

[3]
Blarg avoids conscription into the food invasion because of his strange head, which the hearty boys consider some sort of sports injury, and instead spends his time training with the weapon of his creation. However, he can't seem to advance to any technique more complex than swinging it real hard.

Suflex, unconscious but alive in the void, drifts to the edge of the Realm of Chaos.

The semi-divine Anaconda Ship and another of the Chaos Voidships discover Akahet but are stopped at the barrier.  The remaining two ships continue their search while three more launch in search of new lands.  They prepare dark rituals to gather power.

Some of the larger globs in the Great Slime Belt begin to cluster together, forming Slime Planetoids Goo, Gunk, and Glop.

Attom's Kitchen and its Food Elementals, badly hurt by the Food Invasion, severs itself from the Arena and drifts, rebuilding its forces and praying to their Creator for a greater world and more power.

The Hearty Boys for the first time realize the price of their conquest and lament the loss of their brothers with mourning fist bumps and funeral dead lifts. They seek Borkle's aid in the creation of more brothers, so that they might bring glorious combat to the arena once more.

Four of the Ensouled species on Akahet gain prominence, out competing, enslaving, or subjugating the others: The Feathered Serpents of the eastern rain forests, the White Tiger-giants of the north ice plains, Condor Nomads of the western Deserts,  and the Zooplankton Hordes of the ocean.

The Heart of Antipathy beats slowly.

((I'll be updating the map and current pantheon on the front page from now on. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2018, 04:49:58 pm »

By the way, should I include the actions of NPC races and beings on the Record?

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2018, 04:52:03 pm »

((OOC: Eh why not? Makes it easier to keep track of wars and shit. Also is joining back in the game possible?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2018, 04:57:50 pm »

((OOC: Eh why not? Makes it easier to keep track of wars and shit. Also is joining back in the game possible?))
Yes. Though you'd need to be a demigod. I'm looking at power here real fast to find out who is the new major god

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: Mechanical spiders in only 4 turns.
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2018, 05:03:31 pm »

Name: Haku of the Nine Tails
God Level: Demigod
Description: A strange and grotesque hybrid with a shit-eating grin
Notes: The son born of a White Tiger Giant father and Feathered Serpent Mother, mutated and given immense power and size (Bigger than the average White Tiger by a significant margin) by the latent divine energies of AKAHET. Its voice sounds like the sinister whispering of a child...

Become the leader of the White Tigers by challenging and slaying the closest thing to one they have in combat, and if they refuse me after I slay him, just go out and try my chances with the Serpents
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:21:53 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Fuckery: A god game that would make Zeus proud.
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2018, 05:12:16 pm »

Spend 3 more power to enter the realm of the mortals. Empower one member of each species (a singular horde for the zooplankton) with a leader's soul with dreams of glory. Take advantage of the fact that all who look upon me see themselves, and encourage the inhabitants of this realm to rise and make their [Patron God] proud. Upon the death of a subject, reap their soul and bring them to my side. Should Haku kill the white tiger leader, publicly imprison him in the sky.

"Rise, children of the earth. Rise, and make me proud."

« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:44:14 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 58