Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Prosperous Universe: a browser based interstellar economy sim  (Read 16821 times)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperous Universe: a browser based interstellar economy sim
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2018, 03:12:15 am »

Unfortunately, I started off on CI 1, it takes 5 hours and 48 minutes for a rig to make 2 units of water. So really, this world is kind of bad. Even if I sell the water at 100, it will take me two months to pay off buying a rig here.

Are you double-rigging it? I was prodding my numbers yesterday and realized that with 1rig/1foodprocessor, I actually run a 500$ deficit a day, after accounting for expenses... so I bit it and overpaid for a second rig, but at least now I can turn a 650$ profit a day. Which means it'll also take me a little under two months for another rig. Which'll put me at a deficit again, since I need more people and more housing, which is more expenses, and... uggggh. (...And, upon closer observation, it's way more profitable to run three 3rig/0fp on my planet, which you have the assets to do so from the start. Sigh.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:32:50 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2018, 07:29:54 am »

I started as a carbon farmer, so I started with 2 farmsteads and an incinerator. In all seriousness, I should go COLIQ then restart on montem.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2018, 08:10:13 am »

Oh wow. I get 7 water in 4 hr 37 minutes. Which is enough to run my food processor and both farms 24/7 growing food and making drinking water. Was going to install another 2 farms soon and probably not even need another water thing. Maybe I should get a second rig and try exporting water or something lol.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2018, 05:18:10 pm »

I started as a carbon farmer, so I started with 2 farmsteads and an incinerator. In all seriousness, I should go COLIQ then restart on montem.
I feel that starting as a carbon farmer without any water rigs isn't the way to go - you're constantly going to have to be paying for water to grow the plants you're turning into carbon.

My restarted corp (also a carbon farmer) went 1 farm / 1 incinerator / 2 rigs (note, needed to sell my fuel to afford that) and seems to be doing okay so far.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2018, 05:57:40 pm »

The Metallurgist start gives a lot of resources. I started as that and sold my carbon and some fuel and bought more parts on the market and I have 4 farms 2 rigs and a food processor.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2018, 06:16:43 pm »

The Metallurgist start gives a lot of resources. I started as that and sold my carbon and some fuel and bought more parts on the market and I have 4 farms 2 rigs and a food processor.

Can concur. It was worth starting over as the metallurgist.

Right away have 2 pioneer habitats, 2 farms+3 water rigs+a food processor and still have a ton of ICA to spend

metallurgist is OP as hell lol
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 06:30:45 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2018, 06:25:11 pm »

What I did was look at the materials to build the starting buildings and realised metallurgist stuff was like 50% more stuff than the victual one lol. So I restarted.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2018, 06:31:52 pm »

What I did was look at the materials to build the starting buildings and realised metallurgist stuff was like 50% more stuff than the victual one lol. So I restarted.

Yeah thanks for the tip lol. That is such a big headstart its massive.

At least right now, by far the best start to choose out of all the other ones.

I think the game needs some balancing :P Such an OP start lol

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2018, 09:51:03 pm »

I've begun carbon farming on Montem, because I think the high price is worth it maybe, but damn is it slow.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2018, 04:32:40 pm »

They released a Apex update today!
Spoiler: changelog (click to show/hide)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2018, 04:40:14 pm »

Also, don't click the NOTS button for now, it breaks the interface.  They're working on a fix.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2018, 01:44:25 am »

Aww, apparently my (successfully) selling water for 250 a pop in the CI 1 marketplace has annoyed people enough that I'm getting competition. Ah well, it was sweet while it lasted.

Semi-seriously thinking of restarting (again) as a metallurgist on Montem, just to take advantage of the extra materials / starting sellable carbon, but I think I'll probably stick with what I've currently got - I'm definitely in a better place than I was on my initial start.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2018, 02:57:59 am »

Finally managed to get my business going on Montem. Got two water rigs, three farms and a food processor. Should be churning out all sorts of goodies soon enough.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2018, 09:21:35 am »

Assuming my dwindling consumables don't run out before then (tanking production times), in 17 hours I will have 38 Hydrogen and 174 Oxygen ready for the trip to NC1.  I suspect I may have some difficulty shifting that much Oxygen at this stage in the economy, but there seems to be a decent demand for Hydrogen.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2018, 09:47:03 am »

Can't leftclick plots.
Tried a different browser now I can't queue production orders.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:38:52 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8