Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 4: A New Beginning  (Read 11660 times)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 4: A New Beginning
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2018, 06:39:31 pm »

My Esteemed Player,
Blood_Librarian

I would appreciate it if you would please post your action.

Your GM,
High tyrol 

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2018, 06:47:17 pm »

My Esteemed Player,
Blood_Librarian

Your GM,
High tyrol 

If you want something to do with him, the inactive players policy I used in my more recent games is "Put them on AI, then after that, suicidal AI. If they survive the Suicidal AI phase, they get killed and kicked from the game."
it's over

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2018, 06:51:05 pm »

My Esteemed Player,
Blood_Librarian

Your GM,
High tyrol 

If you want something to do with him, the inactive players policy I used in my more recent games is "Put them on AI, then after that, suicidal AI. If they survive the Suicidal AI phase, they get killed and kicked from the game."
I am planning to give him till tommorow afternoon until I throw his character to the delinquent player thread.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2018, 06:53:25 pm »

Huh. I didn't know the delinquent player thread was still an actual thing.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2018, 06:54:17 pm »

Huh. I didn't know the delinquent player thread was still an actual thing.
The last time it was used was two months ago so it it somewhat active at least.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2018, 02:41:27 pm »

I apologize about not posting.

Sigil, will eat a Yellow-Green fruit and Forage at F6
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2018, 06:58:32 pm »

GridLand Survival 4: Year 1, Turn 3(The Warm Season)

#Hint 1# Some ways of finding food are easier during certain seasons.
#Hint 2# Research is a free action for you. An action that you cannot afford to neglect.

In F5:
One of the people stays on top of the tree. The adult female eats the fish generously given to it by Amy. Then she sniffs the ground and starts to circle the tree trunk. She repeatedly circles the tree trunk.

In F6:
You see the younger adult male begin to gather roots. He uses the same method as the previous person did.

Nirur(Nirur Torir):

You pay attention to stars lesson in root digging. Then you eat a root you get from star and a raw fish.

Then you begin to forage. You collect 2 soft yellow roots from the yellow spotted leaf bushes.
you put the leaves in the pile.

You collaborate on farming research.

Kit(KitRougard):

You attempt to communicate with the old male. He does not seem to understand until you mime eating the fruit.

You see that the adult male takes the fruit and bites into it after taking off some of the peel. Then he makes a puckered face. He eats it but does not finish it. He grabs a root he had hidden under a nearby bush and then squeezes the juice of the fruit onto the soft yellow colored root. Then he eats it. You can see no adverse reactions to it other than the puckered face when he initially bit into it. Despite this he occasionally makes a hoot while eating causing bits of his spit to fly towards anyone standing nearby.   

You have drool on your hands.

You begin research on "How to Determine Plant Safety".

Sigil(Blood_Librarian):

You eat a Yellow-Green fruit. You find it to be extremely sour. But, you manage to eat it. It does not seem to make you sick, Though you did not enjoy eating it.

You forge in F6. You gather 3 bunches of small yellow flowers and 2 Yellow-Green fruit. 

Fiman(TankKit):

You eat 3 fish. Then you sniff a yellow-green peeled fruit. It smells similar to the blue-peeled fruit. Before handing it to Kit.
You observe that him attempt to communicate. His gestures get the message across.

You see that the adult male takes the fruit and bites into it after taking off some of the peel. He eats it but does not finish it. He grabs a root he had hidden under a nearby bush and then squeezes the juice of the fruit onto the soft yellow colored root. Then he eats it. You can see no adverse reactions to it other than the puckered face when he initialy bit into it. Dispite this he occasionally makes a hoot while eating. causing bits of his spit to fly towards anyone standing nearby.   

You forage focusing on the plants you remember seeing the adult female gathering from. You disregard the flowers of the plant.
You noticed some of the leaves of the same type of bush have yellow speckles while some do not.
You put the speckled and unspeckled leaves in separate piles. you collect the roots from some of the plants. You collect 2 soft yellow roots form the speckled bushes.
You collect 3 slightly darker yellow roots from the unspeckled bushes.

You continue research on Foraging Tools, and complete the tech!

Star(TricMagic):

You eat you eat 5 soft yellow roots.

You teach Nirur, Jaynie, and Sassalik how to gather the soft yellow roots.
During your demonstration you collect 2 decently sized roots.
You put the leaves in the pile.

You keep an eye on them.

You continue research on Mana Sensing.

Jaynie Morgan(0cra_tr0per):

You eat 2 fish.

First you observe Star give the demonstartion on gathering roots. Then accept(by defualt) her offer of 1 root

Then you begin to test the plants. You begin by rubbing different things against your skin in different spots.
You take some leaves from the pile of green leaves with yellow spots which the soft yellow roots come from.
You rub them against a spot. There is no immediate itching so you start on the next part to give time for it to cause a reaction if it is going to.

Next you rub leaves from the same plant that do not have the spots. No immediate reaction.

Next, you rub the small green leaves from the bush with the red berries. They cause a very mild itching in the spot that starts shortly afterwards. it does not persist for a long time though.

Next, you rub the small yellow flowers on another spot. There are no immediate reactions.

Then, you rub the red berries on a different spot. There is no immediate reaction.

You wait a bit then check for mid-term reactions. You find none. The itching from the small green leaves is already gone.

Then you smell them. The green leaves with yellow spots smell like they are decomposing. The leaves from the same plant without the spots has no smell. The small green leaves from the red berry plants have a moderate musty smell.
The small yellow flowers smell sweet and floral. You like the smell of them. You smell the red berries. They have no noticable smell.

You check for reactions to the smells and the spots where you rub the test plants. You see no evidence of irriation. You do not feel different.

You pause here. You are unfamiliar with any way of eating food besides raw. (Do you wish to continue next turn with taste testing unprepared plants? It will not take up your action next turn if you do.)

You continue research on Farming.

Amy(Aigre Excalibur):

You eat a fish.
Then you attempt to watch the adults fish. Unfortunately the adults are not fishing right now. So you try to see if you can get one of the adults to tell you how to fish. Unfortunately they are unable to understand your gesturing. You tried using your hands to make a fish shape and pointing at the ocean.
Then you resorted to pointing at the fish. When you did the Old Adult female picked it up and ate it. 

No Research.

Sassalik(Detoxicated):

You listen to stars demonstration on root gathering. Then accept(by default) her offer of 1 root.
Then you move to F5. You eat 2 fish. Then you begin making the nest roomier.

You research poetry

Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Completed Research (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Research Progress (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Local Inventory (click to show/hide)

Total Food Consumption per turn=10
8 turns till food is gone.

Please point out any mistakes. Your suggestions are also welcome.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 07:05:27 pm by High tyrol »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2018, 08:07:42 pm »

Hey, just because I don't cook eating into my bolded actions doesn't mean I'm not eating! I put it in the non-bold "flavor and conversation" part! Now, onwards to...

[Shadow=left, purple]Kit
"Ew." [/shadow] he said, wiping his hands on the grass. Well, he now knew the green-yellow fruit was safe, if sour as heck. But what the crazy man did was interesting, he thought as he downed another blue fruit. Using the sour juice which contained most of the nutrients on something else as flavor... Hm. He would try that!

On top of the normal eat, try a soft yellow root with a Yellow-Green fruit squeezed onto it.

Continue Plant Safety research.

Alright, Yellow-Green Fruit is driving me crazy to type. Since we have language skills, I say we call it a Limon - A combination of a lime and a lemon with the sourness of both at once. Yes?
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2018, 08:51:40 pm »

((Post Your tile))
At F5 Sassalik asks for a fishing Demonstration  for all Tribe members.

Research poetry

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2018, 09:10:02 pm »

((Post Your tile))
At F5 Sassalik asks for a fishing Demonstration  for all Tribe members.
That was just tried, and the adults don't understand language enough to fish on request. Additionally, we just got this as a hint:

#Hint 1# Some ways of finding food are easier during certain seasons.

Nirur eats three yellow roots, and tries to make a Foraging Tool from one of the plants that have been removed from the ground while foraging for roots. Activate Determined ability.
Free research: Collaberative research on Farming.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:23:45 pm by Nirur Torir »

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2018, 09:16:17 pm »

"Workers of our people, we must keep foraging, but better!"
Forage at F6. I look for twigs, dead bushes, and rocks.
Eat another Limon, with a soft yellow root.
Call this Combination "Sapped Yellow Root"
Eat a fish, this should result in 3 Fat
Help out in researching Farming.

Spoiler: Blood_Librarian(Sigil) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:27:19 am by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2018, 07:44:28 am »

Jaynie Morgan @ F6

Free Actions: Eat 1 fish and test the plants unheated.

Free Research: Farming, if it's already finished by the time I get my research done, than I guess I'll research Firestarting.

Main Action: Forage F6.
it's over

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2018, 08:24:54 am »

Alright, he had figured out a good idea for the tools. Now how to make those tools. And how to get the resources to make them. And what resources to use in their construction.

Continue Foraging F6 the same way as before. Free research Toolmaking. Eat one darker yellow root and one lighter yellow root, noting how they taste, smell, etc. With a focus on any differences between the two.

I'll probably make some sort of graph after a few game years showing the differences in foraging depending on the time we forage. In the mean time, since I have a bonus to foraging anyway, I'm going to just keep foraging for the most part. At least for a few game years, so I can gather the foraging information.

Spoiler: TankKit(Fiman) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KitRougard(Kit) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blood_Librarian(Sigil) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nirur torir(Nirur) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Detoxicated(Sassalik) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aigre Excalibur(Amy) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TricMagic(Star) (click to show/hide)
Please remember to use your free research and I would appreciate if some of you ate some more so you're not constantly on the edge of starvation. If we get into any sort of fight, those of you on the edge of starvation will either have to try and eat mid-fight, which has been stated as being a bad idea, or you will have to starve while your fighting.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2018, 11:01:12 am »

Star

I feel.. Energized. Maybe..

Eat 5 Soft Yellow Roots, and one bunch of Red Berries. Ooh, and one of those Yellow-Green Fruits as well, with the rest.

Forage at F6 for more Soft Yellow Roots. Then move to F5. (Smart Observation of Adults)

Free Research: Mana Sensing.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2018, 04:21:44 pm »

I'm changing my action to overeat a bit more and to try to make a foraging tool directly from one of the bushes we're removing from the ground during our foraging, with determined. If it fails and hurts me, I'll get to see if the adults know any plants with healing properties.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11