Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 4: A New Beginning  (Read 11650 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 4: A New Beginning
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2018, 07:29:44 pm »

What's your policy on people taking too long to post their turns? Can the active players grab them and put them to work?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2018, 08:40:15 pm »

Meep! Sorry, sorry... Going at flavorless hyperspeed for this round.
Search around F6 for more of those Limons. Eat one with a soft yellow root... Annoying name on that one too. Soweet, as it is SOft and sWEET. Chip in on Researching Farming.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2018, 11:20:24 pm »

A policy on people taking too long to post... We should probably have one. Its up to Tyrol I would think, but in my opinion we should never be so nice as to let them go on autopilot.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2018, 09:11:39 am »

I suggest putting the players which are taking too long on AI, then the turn after that, suicidal AI, then after that, just kill them anyways.
it's over

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2018, 01:20:43 pm »

In a coopeartive game, like this one, killing a player off is unlikely to be met with as much enthusiasm.
May I introduce you to the delinquent player thread:
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2018, 01:34:08 pm »

Or use waitlisters. Let one quietly squeeze in, and outright replace them after a few turns.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2018, 11:51:41 pm »

Hello, everyone.

I have decided to give the delinquent player till noon on the day after Christmas.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2018, 08:41:01 am »

Merry Christmas.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2018, 02:53:10 pm »

I posted Aigre Excalibur to the delinquent player thread.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2018, 03:01:17 pm »

Maybe they can drown? Less mouths to feed. Not being inconsiderate, but not being able to post and telling us he can't post are different things.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2018, 03:18:37 pm »

I was planning on not having them eat on inactive turns anyways.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2018, 04:28:16 pm »

I went ahead and checked the latest posts made by our inactive player. It seems they had no problem posting an action in other games since the last update.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2018, 04:43:59 pm »

Probably lost interest in this and decided not to tell us then.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2018, 05:42:25 pm »

Its been a while since the last update, so I'm doing the posting this turn instead of making you wait for Tyrol to do the final (Yet not totally necessary) checkup and tech verification.

GridLand Survival 4: Year 1, Turn 5(The Dry and Hot Season)

The temperature is rising.
The sun is beating down upon everyone's brow.
rain is more scarce than usual.
Some of the smaller bushes are beginning to shrivel because of the heat.
The chirping of crickets is constant.
Putrid smells come and go unpredictably.
Clouds are sparse and uncommon.
The grass is beginning to brown.

#Hint 1# When seasons change, some food sources are easier to gather.
#Hint 2# Seasons and whether conditions can effect the fat costs for some supernatural abilities.
#Hint 3# Fire will go out eventually when it runs out of fuel.

In F5:
You see the younger adult female head to the east. You see the older adult female head south. You see the younger adult male come from the south and sit next to tree trunk in the shade. He occasionally gets up and circles the tree trunk.
In F6:
You see the younger adult male heads to the north.
You see the older adult female come from the north and begin to harvest roots. Now she is prioritizing the plants that have brown edges for the leaves and have spots on them.
The older adult male begins following some of the people there and sticking his tongue out at you and slapping his cheeks. When the fire starts he runs to G6 while screaming and begins to run in circles over there.

Nirur(Nirur Torir):

Eat the fish and 2 soft yellow roots.

You use to fat to start a fire on some of the bushes with the red berries because you thought they where useless.
As everything is drying out it is ripe conditions for a fire to spread. That means it only costs one fat to start the fire.
The problem is controlling it.
So it quickly catches the entire bush on fire and begins to jump from bush to bush. Within minutes, dozens of bushes are on fire.
The wind carries the flame on its breath.

You use all of your fat to put a stop to the fire. At first you try to keep it from jumping to new bushes but that is difficult. So you try imagining a barrier which the fire can not pass. it works fairly effectively but is energy intensive.

You make a fire barrier and let the bushes next to it burn out. The fire is still raging but because of the empty space created next to the barrier. The distance is too big for the fire to jump.
This is because the plants in that area have been burnt already.

The fire is still raging but is contained to the southwest corner of the shrubland without need to actively contain it.

You research Pyromancer's Campfire.
... But your previously accumulated knowledge of the Sustainable Shrub cultivation has been forgotten.

Kit(KitRougard):

You search around F6 for limons and find 2. You eat a limon and a soft yellow root.

You assist farming research.

Sigil(Blood_Librarian):

You go to G5 through F5.

You find a large rock and pick up a stick and attempt to sharpen it. You manage to peel of a bit of the thin bark of the stick you picked up. You make little progress on making it pointier. it is difficult and time consuming.

You stab a red berry with it to poison it.

You research stick sharpening.

Fiman(TankKit):

You eat 2 dark yellow roots.

You accept the foraging tool and use it to forage for roots. You collect 8 lighter yellow roots.

You continue research on Toolmaking.

Star(TricMagic):

You focus on recovering and regain 1 HP.
You continue to throw up and lose 2 fat this turn instead of 1.
You continue to feel weak in your muscles.
You head feels hot.

You continue research on Mana Sensing and complete the tech!

Jaynie Morgan(0cra_tr0per):

You go to forage for small yellow flowers. You go to where you remember seeing them in the south of the shrubland.
You gather 2 bunches of flowers and spot some bushes with a very large amount of the same yellow flowers a bit to your west.
Before you get to them, you see Nirur and say hello. Shortly after you see sparks leap from his hand and the bush in front of him lights aflame. 
It begins to spread quickly. You then see it leap towards the bushes with the most small yellow flowers. As the fire rages you bemoan the loss of these bushes and the likely difficult of collecting more in the future.

You continue research on Farming, to complete the tech!

Amy(Aigre Excalibur):

You attempt to get the adults to teach you fishing again. You fail. So you try dragging one of them toward the water. However, you are not strong enough. Then you decide to attempt to go fishing without help.
You head towards the beach in E5. Then you wade into the water and try to search for fish. You don't see any fish so you go into deeper water. Then you swim a bit and search for fish. You see a few but they are too far out for you to get to them and be able to bring them back.
As you are doing this you spot a large creature in the water with a long neck which protrudes from the water. It spots you and darts towards you at lightning speed.
As you swim away it manages to bite your leg. However, you escape back to shore. -2hp.

You research nothing.

Sassalik(Detoxicated):

You eat 1 blue fruit.

You try your best to recite a "Motivational Poem", but it is unclear to anyone including yourself just what it is your are trying to motivate people to do. You get the feeling that the current extent of your poetry technology is to incite a specific emotion.

She researches Poetic Knowledge keeping

Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Completed Research (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Research Progress (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Local Inventory (click to show/hide)

Total Food Consumption per turn=8
7 turns till food is gone.

Please point out any mistakes. Your suggestions are also welcome.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 06:59:29 pm by Supernerd »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2018, 06:05:05 pm »

Uh. Oops.

In my defense, the adults are utterly irresponsible, and failed to even conceptualize language before giving birth to me.

Those tools are pretty good, letting Fiman feed all of us. Everyone foraging should prioritize them. I think I'll make one, unless there's a concentrated effort to get a farm plot up this turn. I'd like to one-turn a plot, but it takes 4 of us. (It might be a good idea to farm those small yellow flowers this season, as I may or may not have have destroyed the only source.)

Error? I have 5 fat, despite my pyromantic fun.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11