Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: GridLand Survival 4: A New Beginning  (Read 11646 times)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GridLand Survival 4: A New Beginning
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2018, 02:26:19 pm »

(thanks whichever dinglefuck made it so that half the starting players start as children)
double oops. Every player was supposed to start as a child. I will work on fixing the many errors I have made.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2018, 03:45:04 pm »

Remember to include your tile coordinates.

In your action post, you must specify the tile that you want to work in. Your action will most likely fail if you do not, even if the tile should be very obvious.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 03:50:33 pm »

Cry for joy at being alive. Cuddle the adult watching over us. Bond with it. Ask if it has food. Look around the nest for any stores of seeds we can plant.

Same warning. And also note what your free research is to be spent on. Maybe, Free Research: Farming?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 07:00:36 pm »

Jaynie Morgan

"Alright, we're probably alone, but also probably not, so in either case, let's keep our heads up, our eyes peeled, and don't do excessively stupid things, as very, very bad things will happen if we do stupid things.

>Spend all 5 actions foraging F6.

Free Research: Farming

Child: 5 Health, 0 Attack, 0 Defense, 1 Move, 1 Labor, 1 Capacity, 1 Equipment, Cute, Unruly

What Caste we currently are.
Castes stack so you are in both the child caste and the intelligence caste.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2018, 08:19:45 pm »

Quote from: 1st post
The civilians which exist at the start of the game are different from future civilians. These civilians are incapable of scouting or research. They will obey orders delivered through gestures. However, without a player to direct them they will simply gather what they recognize as non-poisonous.
They are capable of making a loud screeching sound if they see something they think is dangerous even if they are working without direction.

One is sitting atop the tree trunk looking in every direction vigilantly.
Another looks protectively at you the newly hatched eggs.

Two were on lookout duties initially, but will probably stop doing that now. I'm going to edit my turn to tell one to keep watch and add some flavor text.
We have fish, implying that one or more of them can fish. It may be easier to learn that while they're still alive, if anyone's interested in trying to grab bare-handed fishing.

GMs: Do we have 3 NPCs or 4? The text says 3, but the status box says 4.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:29:35 pm by Nirur Torir »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2018, 09:56:08 pm »

You have four the forth is just not doing anything of note. He is lazy and a bit crazy as well. He won't be of any use to you.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2018, 04:12:18 am »

Want to know something funny? I was going to get the Lookout ability instead of the Forager ability, but was too confident that someone else was going to take the Lookout ability. Either way I'm better off foraging, so someone else will have to be on lookout duty.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2018, 09:49:29 am »

Sassalik goes to f6 and forages for food.

Free research to poetry

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2018, 09:05:35 pm »

GridLand Survival 4: Year 1, Turn 2(The Warm Season)

#Hint 1# Your fat decreases every turn.
#Hint 2# If you don not eat and your fat is at 0 there is negative repurcusions.

In F5:
After a while you see the adult on the tree get down and head towards the south. As soon as he begins to head south an adult female heads north and climbs up to the same spot after circling the trunk. The female was carrying roots before they circled the tree afterwards there was not any in their hands.

In F6:
You can see the shrubs scattered around you. Towards the south side of the shrubland you can see an older man dancing about he occaisionally howls or lies down on the ground for no descernable reason.

Nirur(Nirur Torir):

You move to F6.

You try to to forage but are unsure of what is edible. You notice some plants have little red berries. You collect 5 decently sized bunches of red berries

You begin research on Sustainable Shrub Cultivation, though the subject seems to be rather complicated right now due to a lack of optional prerequisite technologies.

Kit(KitRougard):

You move to F6.

You do not see any fruit that have blue peels in F6 You do see that some of the shrubs have a peeled fruit on them but they are green and yellow peeled not blue. You gather 3 in case they are edible.

You were unable to make any research progress. This is because you are lacking several material and tech prerequisites.

Sigil(Blood_Librarian):

You move to F6.

You activate the Minds Among the Stars ability and learn... While everyone knows that you need to eat to survive, the timing of meals is also important. Having 0 fat will increase the damage you take from most sources. Attempting to eat while in a dangerous situation will leave you very vulnerable or worse, you might fail to eat at all. You should store enough fat to escape from dangerous situations ahead of time, as you can eat more than one thing in a single turn.

You begin research on Hunting Tools.

Fiman(TankKit):

You eat 1 fish then you go to F6.

You forage in the bushes. You collect several things. You grab 1 yellow and green peeled fruit. You grab 1 bunch of large green leaves. You grab 1 bunch of small green leaves. You grab 1 bunch of little red berries.

You begin research on Foraging Tools.

Star(TricMagic):

You eat fish then go to F6.

You observe how the adults forage. They head towards mid-sized bushes that have yellow spots on their leaves and then dig around them. Then they take the plants out of the ground and take the roots off.
They put the roots in a stack and they put the leaves in a different stack. After collecting a decent number of leaves they pick up the pila and head back for F5.

When they head back you begin to forage and do the same. You notice the roots look soft and yellow. You put the leaves in a pile and the collect quite a few roots though.
It was quite tiring though so you were not able to cary back the roots to the nest. But you collected 3 decently sized roots

You begin research on Mana Sensing.

Jaynie Morgan(0cra_tr0per):

You move to F6.

You try to to forage but are unsure of what is edible. So you pick some green leaves that look green and are small.
You collect 6 decently sized bunches of leaves. You do not know if they are edible. How will you know until you try?

You begin research on Farming.

Amy(Aigre Excalibur):

You cry for joy. Then you cuddle with the watching adult. You ask it if it has some food. It hugs you. When some of your siblings head to the south it moves slightly southwards and keeps and eye on them from a distance.
You do not see any stores of seed around

No Research.

Sassalik(Detoxicated):

You move to F6.

You forage for food. But, You have no idea what is edible. So you pick 3 yellow flowers you see on a bush with small green leaves.

You research poetry

Spoiler: Places (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Completed Research (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Research Progress (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communal Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Local Inventory (click to show/hide)
Total Food Consumption per turn=10
8 turns till food is gone.

Please point out any mistakes. Your suggestions are also welcome.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2018, 09:24:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure I corrected the lion's share of the errors before the update got to you guys, but I may have missed some things. As always, report any errors you detect; especially ones that affect you.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2018, 09:26:28 pm »

Star

I once again wonder..

F6: Gather the Nirur, Jaynie, and Sassalik, as well as any others in F6. Show them how we gather the roots and offer the named 1 each of the roots that I have. Forage for more Soft Yellow Roots to eat myself.

Assuming I have any of the 3 Roots left, eat the rest of the Soft Yellow Roots I gathered last turn.

Keep an eye on them.

Free Research: Mana Sensing.

Please remember to eat and denote Research Topics.

I mean, I guess I am the Smart one, but still.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:50:21 am by TricMagic »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2018, 09:37:45 pm »

Oh god, so many people are at 0 fat. Nirur, Amy, Sassalik, Sigil, Jaynie Morgan, you need to eat.

Fiman

Eat 3 fish so as to stock up on fat. Forage F6 the same way the adults do if I saw how they forage. If not, continue foraging F6 the same way as before. Free research Foraging Tools. Make sure to keep an eye on the result of Kit's test with the crazy old male on F6.

My Careful ability still hasn't been added to the list.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:30:32 pm by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2018, 09:55:17 pm »

Nirur

Nirur took note of the lesson in root-digging. Yes, yes, he could help better with this.

Eat a yellow root and a raw fish. Then forage yellow roots at F6, from the yellow-spotted leaf bushes.
Free research: Collaborate with researching farming.

(Whoops, the rules implied eating was automatic.

Tric: You didn't specify the coordinates.)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2018, 10:16:21 pm »

Kit
"Wait, no."
he said to his brother as he munched on one of his familiar blue fruit. He put out his free hand to stop the yellow fruit from entering Fiman's mouth. Kit then pointed at the crazy old male. " It sounds cruel, but we can check food on him."
Kit walked over to the dancing male (in F6, where else?) with a yellow fruit,  and offered it to him. If the male is confused, Kit makes biting motions to convey "eat this!" After the male eats the fruit, watch what happens with him.

Free Research "How to Determine Plant Safety."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2018, 10:29:22 pm »

Fiman
Fiman looks at Kit and then at the old male, before looking back at Kit and nodding. "That could work. However, depending on the result of this test, I may still eat the fruit. I am tougher than all of you, so I should be fine if it turns out to be poisonous or something similar."

In the character list it says Sassalik is in F5 despite the fact that she is actually in F6. Also, I took a half-hour to make the rest of those character sheets I was talking about earlier. Still haven't received a reply to my first post about them, so I'll just use them myself for now.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:31:13 pm by TankKit »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11