Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [FOOD] entity token controls  (Read 487 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[FOOD] entity token controls
« on: December 07, 2018, 12:48:40 pm »

Taking the primal scream approach of reacting to my own work like how the band kept on reacting to its own songs with a followup, i've brought my feedback, thoughts and findings from "Topic: Bugfix Suggestion: Troll inedibility to control dark site populations"

This short suggestion is just to offer players control of the expected controls of food networks, which will be carried out on site since they cause a lot of havoc as seen here & here wherin the player's control over the raws goes so far.

Code: [Select]
[FOOD]
[MEAT]
[CIV_EAT_LIVESTOCK]
[CIV_EAT_LIVESTOCK_SIEGE] // Waranimal conservation as to not deplete them irrationally.

[CIV_NEVER_LIVESTOCK_SENTIENT] // Keeping sentients but not eat, only rationally collect materials like fur or use for labour, can be token exceptional.

[CIV_HUNTING] //this is implicit, creates wg. only role hunters instead of fortress job roles.

[COMMON_FELL_GRAZING] //see glossary, basically open range and openly roaming animals

[HARVEST]
[CIV_COLLECT_CEREALS]
[CIV_COLLECT_FRUIT]

[CIV_COLLECT_EXTRACT_PLANTS] // For

[CIV_NEVER_COLLECT_VEGTABLES]
[CIV_NEVER_UNDERGROUND_COLLECT]

[CIV_GARDENS] //formalised community farms or private collection in the backyard for gardening.

[CIV_NEVER_GROW_BELOW_ORCHARDS]
[CIV_GROW_ABOVE_ORCHARDS]
[FARMING]
[CIV_GROW_ABOVE_CROPS]
[CIV_GROW_BELOW_CROPS]

[ROTATIONAL_CROP_FARMING] // for some site behaviours that can be observed in adventure mode, towns might have different produce rather than a staple to export. Tokenising the current behaviour.

[SEASONAL_FALLOW]

[IRRIGATION] // settlements near sources of water produce crops to export or have wells on-site.

This isn't the most expansive example code compared to the possibilities, but this could replace a lot of entity tags entirely while offering the complete control players could want or harness, as often solutions are very diagnostic as shifting a particular set of modding parameters to solve problems, more advanced controls could preclude the eventual expansion to farming content, which is a bit lackluster and civ-sites.

I wouldn't want to deter Toady, but these sets of mudane worldbuilding are significantly more important i feel. Magic will be superflous in most cases and players will be presented with the option to ignore it anyway with the sliders if it is too intense/broken/both after release, in which a solid foundation of playability in the world non-reliant on magic will be important.

A quick farm glossary for some of the terms i used. Link