Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 60385 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #930 on: December 23, 2019, 11:43:15 am »

"Yeah, and if we leave him here, when we just handed his guards their backsides- sorry 'bout that, nothin' personal- chances are the smugglers'll be back for her and find him with a bunch of unconscious guards. I dunno 'bout you, but I don't feel like trying to fix one diplomatic incident and causing a whooooole new pile of crap."
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 11:48:09 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 23, 2019, 12:08:50 pm »

"If he is taken by slaverrrs then maybe he'll see what it's like for himself. It's none of ourrr business what happens to him either way. We're only herrre for Ella."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 23, 2019, 12:22:26 pm »

Ella's ears drooped as she began to more fully understand the situation. "Daddy sent mercenaries for me? I must have worried him terribly."

Wolfgang swept his sword back and forth at various members of Grae's crew. "I will not allow you to take her! Princess Ella is in my protection and I'll allow no one to lay a hand on her!"

"Look, everyone just calm the hell down. Your highness, lower your sword. No one is interested in harming your lover. Aya, Joachim, if there are any survivors from that group of slavers, they aren't enough to threaten the crown. And between our efforts and his, I think we got most of them, if not all. But one way or another, Princess Ella must return to Sampia. I'm not budging on that point."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #933 on: December 23, 2019, 12:49:45 pm »

"Relax, kid. If I wanted to hurt her I would have done it already." The cat laguz rolled her eyes. "Young men, always needing to whip out their swords and wave them around..."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 23, 2019, 12:55:34 pm »

Claire nodded, her eyes following the prince's sword.

"We need to fulfill the contract." That was the first law, to do so to the best of their ability. "Your highness... No matter how you feel about each other, you can't keep her here without, um, causing another incident if you're found out."

"I think... at least her father needs to see her back home and safe first."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 23, 2019, 01:16:43 pm »

"Blondie's right, we can't leave her here with you unless you wanna fight the entire Sampian army on your own, 'cause I really doubt your guys are up to the task right now. And put that thing down, kiddo. One, waving it at us like some kinda magic wand shooting magic juice ain't going to make us go away. Two, aside from our boy here," she says, gesturing to Joachim. "Nobody particularly wants to fight you anyway."

Aya takes a moment to contemplate taking a whiff of her pipeweed. These were the kinds of times that she needed the stuff, really. And Joachim could use the whole bushel. She rubs her temple.

"Look, I think I got a simple solution that'll make us all happy. Except Joachim. Sorry, buddy. I promise I'll split you some of my stash if you just go along with this for a little while."

She emphatically taps the pouch where, indeed, the faint smell of whatever herb it was Aya was smoking can be sensed.

"Anyway, here's what I'm thinkin'. We take the prince with us, leave him outside.....somewhere while we bring the princess back home and then he can find his own way back. That way, the King doesn't have to know that his daughter's been making the metaphorical beast with two backs with some guy, the Prince here gets to go spend more time with her and doesn't have to send her home alone, Joachim doesn't need to put up with this guy longer than we gotta because we ain't paid to take him home, and we get an extra sword to deal with any more random crazy people we run into. If you two wanna go sneak around and sow your wild oats after this, ain't our problem. Whaddya say?"
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 01:21:59 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 24, 2019, 11:59:57 am »

Prince Wolfgang lowered his sword. "I... suppose I can agree to your terms. I will travel with you into Sampia, along with a small honor guard."

"I have leave for my own group to enter Sampia, no one else. You alone would be one thing, but to bring your soldiers as well-"

"I understand your position but I will not negotiate mine. I have no reason to trust that your mission is as you say. I am aware of the diplomatic and strategic value Princess Ella holds in the wrong hands. My guard will come with me, and I will go before the King." Ella said nothing, but she took hold of Wolfgang's free hand.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 24, 2019, 12:09:52 pm »

Aya shrugs.
"A kid in love's pretty stubborn, Grae. And he's got a good point. On one hand, I personally wouldn't go meet my girlfriend's parents with a bunch of armed dudes, 'cause that just sends a bad impression; y'know, since what dad in the history of the world has ever not lost his mind seeing some dude walk up to him to try to take his daughter from him? Especially if that dad's the King of Sampia."
"Of course, on the other hand, we DID- and I'm sorry, again, nothin' personal- kinda come in here and hand his guards their asses, so it's not like he got a good reason to really trust us."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 12:12:37 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 24, 2019, 12:26:52 pm »

"Perhaps it would be unusual at your station, but things are different for Royalty. I'm sure you understand. In any case, this will be an excellent opportunity to move the Laguz we rescued from the fight pits back across the border."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 24, 2019, 12:34:53 pm »

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Big nobles, big problems."
And yet we're only IN this mess because you couldn't keep your little Wolfgang in your pants. Pretty sure every horny kid ever had that problem at some point.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 12:36:31 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #940 on: December 25, 2019, 01:15:50 am »

"Well, if his citizens weren't filthy slavers, we wouldn't exactly have had reason to beat them half to death. Other than personal amusement, of course, but I generally make a rule of not leaving more mess behind myself than what I'm called to clean up." She glanced at the prince for a moment, before turning to Grae.
"Given the circumstance, I don't think the king will mind. At least once he has a moment to think about it; you may want to wait for our group to deliver the news before making your appearance. Fathers and powerful men alike can be. . . unpredictable."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 26, 2019, 10:24:02 pm »

Grae groaned, and he seemed older than usual in the moment. "Then I suppose that's that. Gather your men. The Princess has been away quite long enough."

"Your command over your subordinates does not extend to myself. My men are not prepared to move, and will need time to prepare. We may depart in the morning. I will provide you all with a meal and a place to sleep."

"And order your soldiers to let them move freely."

Wolfgang nodded. "Yes, of course. This whole business is down to a terrible misunderstanding, and nothing more. I will go speak with them directly."

"...We beat your men once. We can do it again, if it becomes necessary."

"And it will not be. You have my word as heir to the throne of Morcia."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 02, 2020, 04:10:35 am »

It seemed negotiations were over and things were settled for now.

"Do you have healers on hand? I can help point out where some of the more..." Claire frowned slightly. "...badly injured soldiers under your command are."

She had half a mind to check on the rescued laguz instead after what she had seen in that cave, but no doubt Joachim and the other laguz would have a more personal interest in the matter. She would only be in the way.

With that thought in mind, she gathered her robes and made to leave, though not before trying to catch Grae's eye for a moment.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 03, 2020, 07:02:21 pm »

Prince Wolfgang and Princess Ella made their way toward the injured soldiers, quickly setting them on their feet with a satchel of medicine and fresh orders. None of the soldiers approach the mercenaries.

Grae noticed Claire's subtle signal, and made to walk with her. "Holding up well enough?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 03, 2020, 09:22:22 pm »

"Oh... yes, I'm fine." She wasn't needed to help with the wounded now either, so she decided to direct her feet towards nowhere in particular. "I just wanted to ask if we should discuss this all as a group. Or... maybe there's not much more to say for now."

Claire slowed down for a moment, almost as if to let Grae leave once the question was answered, but then matched her pace back to his.

"... Are you worried about the prince coming along?"
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 87