Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 60399 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #375 on: March 27, 2019, 05:57:18 pm »

Milos lets out a quiet 'eep' as Joachim puts a hand on his shoulder, and spends the rest of the walk to the shop in complete and utter silence. Looking at the selection, Milos still does not speak, only looking at the selection, not seeming like anything was interesting him in particular.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 28, 2019, 01:11:16 am »

Joachim decided to take over.

"Well, medicine's nice, but we were lookin' for weapons for mah lil' friend here. Can ya guide us towards a blacksmith?"

He patted Milos's shoulder at 'lil' friend'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 28, 2019, 05:47:18 pm »

Milos looks mildly surprised. He almost pipes up saying that his sword was just fine at the moment, but his protest was silenced by the shoulder patting, just prompting a quiet squeak from him.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 28, 2019, 06:35:37 pm »

Grae, Claire, and Heledd made their way into the city, as did Jupi. They were all quickly waved through the gates, and Jupi was left to his own devices while the other three headed for the Steelhart Mercenary guildhouse.

"A blacksmith eh? Yeah, I suppose I know a man. You want to make your way down the thoroughfare, deeper into the city. There's an alehouse, it'll be on your left, the sign has a cat's face. You want to go through the alley just in front of the building. When you come out on the other side, keep heading further in. You want the sign with the three axes." The man leaned against the counter as he peered at the group. "You get all that?"

Grae entered the Guildhouse. It was a small building, much like any of the others that could be found on the continent. Part bank, part storehouse, part bunkhouse, and part talent agency, the guildhouses were open to the public, but for the moment this one was mostly empty, apart from one of the company's axe fighters hunched over one of several tables with a pair of merchants, having a hushed discussion.

Also apart from a woman looking through a ledger, who straightened up as Grae and the two women with him came through the door. Claire knew her. Victoria, the logistics officer for this location. Like Grae, she used to be a more active member of the company, but she seemed to have retired for good, despite being much younger. On one hand, it was a shame- her skill with a knife was impressive, to say the least- but on the other hand she was very talented at keeping track of which members of the company were free, and would be best equipped to handle available contracts.

She didn't seem thrilled to see them. "Grae. Claire." She gave a nod to Heledd as well, but obviously didn't know her name. "I assume you're here to pick up the sword?"

Grae, on the other hand, seemed to have warmed slightly from his usual strict, business persona. "Not just that. I also need to pull some personal funds. Five thousand."

Victoria sighed, and stood up. "You're lucky I have it on hand. You can wait here." She pulled a ring of keys off of a belt loop, unlocked a door behind her, and stepped through it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 28, 2019, 06:38:50 pm »

Joachim gave a thumbs-up with a grin.

"Keep on goin', take the alley by the cathouse, keep going until we see axes. Thanks a bunch!"

He didn't leave immediately though, just in case anyone wanted to resolve any business here. He'd be quick to follow anyone who did go, though.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 28, 2019, 08:31:50 pm »

"Hi, Victoria." Claire's greeting was quiet, lost quickly as Grae and Victoria moved on to business. She supposed it was good to see that Victoria was the same as she'd always been.

Familiarity was often comfortable to her, a safe place, the guildhouse in the same design as all the others. As the other woman busied herself in the backroom, Claire idly tapped her fingers against the counter, one by one, careful not to disturb the ledger.

"Mm... It would probably be worth asking her if she's kept an ear out for any news, wouldn't it?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 28, 2019, 08:49:29 pm »

Grae nodded very slightly. "Definitely. She gets enough of the members coming through here, requests, suppliers... If someone knows something, she'll at least be able to point us in the right direction."

Victoria returned quickly, and set a sack of coins and a sword on the table. "I had to pay extra to get it brought from the Pinguo branch in time. I deducted the difference from your personal funds."

"Thanks Victoria. You're the best, as always."

"Oh stuff it." Victoria seemed particularly put out for whatever reason. In fact, this was the first time Claire had seen her and Grae interact. The administrator looked over at Heledd again. "So, who's this? The client?"

Grae sighed. "No, she was assigned by the client. Along with a few others."

Victoria recoiled ever so slightly. "That's unusual."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 29, 2019, 07:11:38 pm »

"Oh, right. Anything.....weird happen recently around here? 'Sides from us showing up, of course. Asking for a friend."
Aya casually sidles up to the man, standing slightly in front of Joachim.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 29, 2019, 10:01:06 pm »

Vanessa walked into the town with a bright smile on her face, it was good to be in a place with people again. For now though she had business to attend to, if she wanted to bring performance to its normal excellence she would need more tools. So she searched the town for a place that might sell a bow and arrow.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 29, 2019, 11:26:57 pm »

The shopkeeper frowned, and scratched at his large belly. "Strange how? Apart from tensions rising with the war heating up, nothing has been particularly unusual. My stock of salves is lower than I'd like, but I won't complain about selling out of product."

Vanessa had no problem picking her way through the crowded streets, and quickly found a small shop with a sign displaying three arrows, one of which pierced an apple.

Quote from: Bowyer
Iron Bow: 500
Wooden Greatbow: 500
Steel Bow: 800
Steel Greatbow: 800
Iron Longbow: 700
Steel Longbow: 1000

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 30, 2019, 03:08:24 am »

"Like, nobody passing through who looked strange in any way? Again, 'sides us."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 30, 2019, 07:27:18 am »

The shopkeeper shook his head. "Nothing that stands out particularly." 

"Very. But the pay is excellent, and we may end up needing the muscle." Grae leaned in, resting one elbow on the counter. He spoke quietly, though Claire and Heledd could still hear. "We're looking for someone. A laguz girl. She's missing, and the suspicion is that she was kidnapped. Heard anything related?"

Victoria leaned back, crossing her arms over her bosom. "Nothing about anyone specific. Sometimes there are rumors of Laguz being captured and enslaved, but I haven't heard anything concrete. What does she look like?"

"Pink hair, red eyes. Short, slight build, pointy little cat ears and a tail. Late teens."

"You seem to be running around with a number of young women at the moment, aren't you? I looked at the roster you selected for this job. Five women. Seriously."

"Victoria. Drop it." Grae's mood seemed to have soured as well. "...What do we have available in specialty equipment?"

Victoria scowled, and consulted the ledger, rattling off a short list of high end weapons and equipment.

Quote from: Steelhart Guildhouse
Jambiya: 2000
Ultraviolet: 2000
Enamoring Step: 900
Blizzard: 1400
Killer Bow: 1400
Beast Saber: 1000

Party gains 5000 Gold!
Grae gets Regal Sword!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #387 on: March 30, 2019, 07:48:55 pm »

Heledd raised an eyebrow at the back-and-forth between the two. There was a history there, apparently. The laguz briefly considered nettling one or the other about it, but decided to leave that matter for later. She could amuse herself after errands were taken care of. For the moment, she contented herself with a questioning glance at Claire before wandering away from the counter aimlessly.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 30, 2019, 08:03:12 pm »

Vanessa studied the various bows, using her expertise to study each one. Eventually she picked one out and brought it to the shopkeeper,

"This one please."

Vanessa buys a steel bow.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 30, 2019, 08:18:13 pm »

Claire shrugged almost imperceptibly - probably completely imperceptibly given her robes - but Heledd had already turned away regardless. She didn't know what was between the two either, and though she'd initially thought in some way it was nice because Victoria was acting a little more... human than she usually was, the atmosphere had gotten a little tense now.

"... Siege magic... I could handle that, but it's terribly advanced and I don't know if we need it... Iris and Clover could probably also use some of the other weapons if we let them know."

She spared another glance for Heledd before turning back to Grae and Victoria.

"Um, should we head to see other shops now?"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 87