Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 60357 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2019, 06:00:45 pm »

"Yeah, kinda weird I guess. My brother always said he was jealous, after I figured out how to fly. A permanent home isn't so bad, in my opinion. It's nice knowing there's always somewhere you can be safe." Like a human with wings, huh? "So you've been traveling a lot?" Aurelia asked, a bit curious and now having a chance to ask questions of other bird laguz.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2019, 06:22:30 pm »

"If that was enough to be chosen, I would be more than a little worried about the odds of finding our. . . target, here." She almost said "prey," but this girl wasn't exactly her usual sort of target. "No, I'm a hunter, and good enough that humans tend to hire me to find people that make the chase more difficult than usual. Mages, mostly. Figured it was more interesting than hunting deer in the woods, and you humans do so many different things with your food."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2019, 07:04:04 pm »

"I see. Well, that may very well be useful. I suppose that makes you something of a mercenary yourself. You been doing it long?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2019, 07:37:06 pm »

"Kawri has - across the skies of her own birth, and those above the walker-lands too. "
"Humans are good to trade with - clever hands to make and build, and stuck with plodding feet and soft skin. Need Kawri to hunt or kill or take for them."
"Gained lots of shines that way."
"Even crows that stay in the birth-skies roam. Kawri's kind, anyway. Kawri's gone further than many, Kawri thinks."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2019, 07:38:24 pm »

Vanessa headed up towards Milos, smiling down at him as she walked beside him.

"Hey little guy, you feeling any better?"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 07:43:49 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Headphones in, avoiding interaction with the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2019, 07:55:23 pm »

"I haven't gone as far as Kawri. I grew up in a place that's pretty hard to get out of."

"Then I worked with a mercenary group for some years after that, though that's probably a bit too nice to call them, haha!"

"I got told I had to pack up and leave, that the big boss of Sampia wanted me, and here I am. That was a few months ago, I guess."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2019, 08:27:31 pm »

"This is... probably the furthest I've been from home."

"That's really cool, both of you. Are you from Yeon? I've never been there, but I was going to visit when I got a chance." She assumed that was what 'birth-skies' meant, for Kawri.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2019, 09:07:39 pm »

Instead of giving into her urge to hover protectively around Milos, which she was sure he would find embarrassing at best, Claire fell into step beside him and Vanessa.

"We know the job now, too..." she said, careful to leave enough space for him to respond to Vanessa's question first. "... Do you think we'll have sneaking around to look forward to?"

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2019, 09:40:24 pm »

"Yep! A tiny mountain summit aaall the way in the corner of it. I thought it was the whole world, until I saw everything else!"

"And I've still only seen Yeon, for the most part. Maybe some borderlands. This is my first time anywhere else! Wish we got more time to look around Sampia, but getting to see where humans live should be fun, too." He looks curiously at Aurelia again. "You don't seem like much of a fighter. How'd you get roped into this job?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2019, 10:13:01 pm »

"It's... well, it's a story. When I first got to this country, I got attacked. I knocked out the guy attacked me, then his group asked me to go with them since they were going to a competition... I figured it was an ok apology for that... and then things kinda spiraled out of control? I guess I'm competent at fighting, if I got picked."
Sigtext!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2019, 11:41:19 pm »

Milos' heart skips a beat when Vanessa talks to him, but upon realizing that it was just her, he calmed down quickly.

"Um... I'm fine... at least right now, I am... the scene in the throne room was really, really scary... and then the king's words kind of... hurt. But... but I feel like that whole experience was... okay. Because... right now, just travelling with them, doesn't seem as bad as... that. But I... am feeling better. Thank you, Vanessa..."

Milos pauses at Claire's question.

"Um... hm." Milos ponders this. "Probably... I've never had to sneak around before, though... I imagine I'd be okay, I'm kind of nimble, but hopefully I'll at least... not be so jumpy by the time we end up having to do something like that..."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2019, 12:18:40 am »

"Mm, it'll be fine, I think..." Claire gave it a bit of thought herself - she had asked the question partially out of curiosity and partially to give Milos an opportunity to turn the conversation off of himself if he was tired of being asked if he was okay. From his response, she was glad to know she'd been overthinking things. "Plenty of us are less sneaky," she said, gathering a handful of her robes in one hand as if to demonstrate, "and we'll have each others' backs."

It was probably mostly her, actually. Vanessa seemed about as nimble as Milos even if sneaking around didn't seem her style.

"... I'm glad you're feeling better, too."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2019, 01:00:19 am »

"A while. Hard to put an exact date on it since I didn't start doing it full-time at any particular point, but I'd say. . . about a decade? Though I'd call myself more of a bounty hunter than a mercenary, if you care about the distinction. Working with a group is new to me."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2019, 08:53:03 am »

"You should get used to it pretty fast. Keep your ears open for instructions from the people you're working with, and communicate what you're planning to do to the rest of us. Aside from that its just getting used to the people you're working with."

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2019, 09:13:26 am »

"A competition?" Jupi looks dubious, not at her story, but at the characters in it. "Did they really take you to a competition? You didn't think it might'a been some trap?"

If she could knock out an attacker, though, that seemed enough for her to be here with the rest of them. She'd just be doing more of that anyway. But for all he knew, it might have been pure chance. Seemed odd for someone like the king of Sampia to pick someone who wasn't experienced with combat, or at least investigation.

"I guess as long as you're here in one piece now, it's okay!"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 87