Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 60356 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2019, 12:11:47 pm »

"I'm not ashamed of anything! I love my family... it's just, it felt like it'd be a bit awkward to mention? I just... wasn't really sure how that kind of thing is seen around here?" She rubbed the back of her head

"I didn't mean tired of it... I meant physically tired. What happens if your wings get tired when you're high in the air?" she gestured to her wings, and then made a motion with her hand diving towards the ground, trying to illustrate the point. "I mean, flying really is great... I just get a bit worried about that sort of thing." She frowned a bit at the question of what being raised with humans was "like", although it was more out of thought than any kind of upset-ness. "Well... it's hard to describe, honestly? I don't really have much of a reference for what's different. It's not as if I never saw other laguz, but the area was mostly humans."

"I can probably make a couple guesses, going off you guys? Like, I figure it was probably more... structured, than living out in the wilds. I lived in Dashun's capital, so there was a lot of buildings and stuff and I haven't seen that many here. The nature is kind of refreshing, actually! And the people I lived with couldn't fly, and nobody was around to teach me... so I kinda got used to walking. I did figure it out, but by then it was just how I moved."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 12:14:48 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2019, 12:17:18 pm »

Kawri cawed softly in amusement.
"Does Aurelia's legs get tired and she falls over as she walks?"
"Hold out wings and Kawri glides. No risk of long drop."
"Human family, bird child, is strange to Kawri. But family is not much for many crows. So maybe most family is strange to Kawri."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2019, 12:26:55 pm »

Iris was quiet throughout the meeting with the King, but inside she was rather excited. The sort of payoff promised for this job would go a long way into paying her families debts, after all. She was then brought out of her internal monologue by something stated by one of the Laguz that had come along.

"You grew up in Pinguo? It's been some time since I've last been able to go there."

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Headphones in, avoiding interaction with the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2019, 12:41:29 pm »

The whole thing seems fascinating for Jupi, who listens to Aurelia with rapt attention.

"That's so weird!" he exclaims, delighted. "I learned to fly long before I could walk. I can't imagine it any other way!"

"And yeah, like Kawri said. If you get tired in the air, just find a place to land and rest. Isn't it the same walking? You don't suddenly get tired and just drop, no warning."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2019, 12:48:26 pm »

"You'd be surprised, girl. Laguz don't exactly live in caves anymore. I personally grew up on a farm. Small place, big family, you know the kind."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2019, 12:59:39 pm »

"I guess when you put it like that, it is a bit of a silly fear." Of course it was, since flying was to them as walking was to her. Just the normal means of traversal. "Well, and human brother... my parents adopted me. I guess it is a bit weird, huh?"

Then one of the mercenaries - had she introduced herself? - spoke up. "Yeah, I did. Are you from there too?" And then Aya's comment...

"Oh, I didn't mean to imply that... I meant, the others are all wanting to sleep outside and I haven't seen many buildings... sorry?" Oh gosh, had she already offended one of them?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2019, 02:36:29 pm »

Heledd, drifting about and looking for more ways to amuse herself, idly scanned the group. That Aurelia seemed to be having an interesting time talking to the rest of the birds; maybe she should be a nuisance over there? Or perhaps bother that Milos more. . . but she wouldn't want to scare the boy so badly that he'd start outright hiding from her. Which largely left the big cheese himself. She slunk over towards the mercenary commander.
"So, Steelhart, this is an. . . interesting party you have here. Your best, or just what you could find on short notice?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2019, 02:41:34 pm »

Clover would nod after a moment. At least Joachim knew when to stop pushing. And to be fair, maybe a little teasing would help Milos get used to things faster or something.

"What's Grae like? Mmm, well, he's a veteran warrior and definitely tougher than he looks, and he looks pretty tough. He's a good leader, and when we're actually able to relax, he's got a good sense of humor too. I think you'll like him."

She'd nod a bit, thinking about his previous point as well.

"And yeah, you all don't seem all that different than some of the people I've bumped into the past. Maybe a bit odd compared to regular folk, but this line of work attracts us oddballs, I think. Sure beats traveling with a bunch of boring types."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2019, 02:44:38 pm »

Grae kept his eyes on the road ahead of them, occasionally eyeing outcroppings of rock or trees that, theoretically, could conceal an ambush. "I didn't have the luxury of pulling in everyone I would have liked. But the people I managed to bring are worth the money, if that's what's troubling you."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2019, 02:51:42 pm »

"I won't judge until I see them in action. No, I'm more interested in putting that arrogant kit though his paces, see if he actually has anything to back his yowling up." Her tone didn't sound particularly annoyed, despite her words. "Though you expressed doubt about myself and the others, so I supposed I should investigate in the other direction."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2019, 02:55:51 pm »

"Well, depending on how lucky we are, I might never have to find out. Ideally, I'd like to find out where the princess has gone, find her, and bring her back without drawing my sword again. But I guess we'll see. What's your name? The introductions were a little chaotic back at the audience chamber and I'm afraid I missed it."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2019, 03:01:33 pm »

"Heledd Baines. And I'd admit to being a bit disappointed at running into no trouble whatsoever on the way, but I'm used to missions retrieving people a bit more likely to protest." She stretched her arms over her head, somehow getting her full body into the motion without slowing down unduly. "It'd be hard to complain about rewards like that for such little work, too."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2019, 03:24:27 pm »

"Well I don't expect it. But it doesn't hurt to dream. So, beyond turning into a giant... Cat? What abilities did the King choose you for?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2019, 03:39:52 pm »

"I alrrready kind of like Grrrae. He's got a good name and I almost got him to smile, so I expect we'll get along well."

"To be fairrr, I do tend to like people until I have a rrreason not to. Even the old cougarrr is fun to mess with."

Joachim raised his hands slightly and slowly flexed his fingers.

"I kind of want to pounce herrr and see how fierrrce she is, but I don't think ourrr leaderrr would carrre forrr my doing that, so I won't."

Clover next mentioned him being a little strange, and he couldn't help but chuckle.

"It's prrrobably the accent! We in the Navarrrrrre rrregion speak a little differrrently than otherrr Sampians. And I think we'rrre a lot less serrrious, as well."

"Borrring is no fun, no. I'm glad you'rrre all not a bunch of stonefaced silent types. That's all rrright forrr some but it would drive me up the wall if that's all I was worrrking with."

A thought seemed to hit him.

"Speaking of worrrking, have you been a merrrcenarrry long? No offense, but like the lad you seem built more along cat lines than lion lines."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:54:45 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2019, 04:18:29 pm »

"Humans say to Kawri sometimes: "I wish I had wings.""
"Aurelia is like human-with-wings, and no wish to fly!"
"Humans build big nests. Stone and wood, cloth and glass. Can hold much shine. Perhaps fine for humans, featherless and no changing. Many beasts have own nests now, like humans. Bow to lord, dig in soil, stay in one place."
"Not for crows. Need new skies, sometimes."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 87