Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 60350 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2019, 10:33:12 pm »

"I, uh, do have a tent, actually. If anyone who normally uses one doesn't have one I'd be happy to share..." Aurelia said when sleeping arrangements came up, feeling a little awkward as the other laguz all expressed that they didn't need one. But... how could they sleep outdoors? It got so cold, and animals could come and attack in the night and... she had to get used to other laguz doing that, she supposed. Then, she got back to the conversation with Jupi after catching up.

"Yeah, any parent can be worried about their kid. It doesn't matter if they're a king or a peasant or anything else."

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Headphones in, avoiding interaction with the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2019, 10:48:53 pm »

"I don't have much to go by in that area! Good to know!"

Even if his firsthand experience doesn't match up, he can imagine it cognitively. Granny would get worried whenever he was out for too long, so it was probably something like that. Although he's not sure he'd call it worried, since she tended to just screech at him. Guess that's a kind of worrying.

He's migrated to the front of the traveling band by force of habit, hovering in the air several meters up and some paces in front of the others, even Grae, and keeping an eye on the terrain coming up and any signs of abnormality. Whenever he's gone on a bit far from the rest, he circles back, sometimes doing lazy, large loops in the air as he waits for them to catch up, still chatting with Aurelia.

"So you carry a tent around with you? Whew. That's a whole lot of effort for nothing."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:51:56 pm by rokubiraijuu »

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2019, 10:58:15 pm »

"..." Claire walked with the rest of them, staying mostly with the other mercenaries. She was sticking a little closer to Milos than she usually did; still, she had no intention of pushing into his space.

If there was something she could understand among all of this, it was what the bird laguz were talking about. She could understand the king on that if maybe not on anything else. That was what family was about. Sticking together. Caring for each other. Of course there was no point in saying that, though - she just knew she agreed.

And about the rest, the job and everything that came with it, she trusted Grae. That hadn't and wouldn't change, even with these new laguz thrown into the plans.

Speaking of them... As Jupi's flying caught her attention for a moment, she picked at her hood with one hand in thought.

"I wonder if we'll need disguises..." she said, mostly to herself.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2019, 11:04:41 pm »

Alys was still tense from the king. For a moment she thought that "simpering child" was her! She breathed a bit easier at these Laguz' casual conversation, though.
"A-and I'm here because I'm trying to help my sister..." the young Sister said quietly, trying to relate in some way to the conversation abround her. She was always much better at talking to half-unconscious people, keeping them this side of death.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2019, 11:06:38 pm »

"It's for sleeping in! And I don't like, walk around with it everywhere, it's just when I'm travelling. It rolls up nicely for a pack, and it's surprisingly light." Aurelia said cheerfully.

"Is, um, that weird...?" she asked, a little nervous. It was worth noting that, unlike Jupi, Aurelia was walking - the conversation had to continue when he was near enough to the ground for her not to shout.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2019, 11:17:45 pm »

Unfortunately for Alys, the wind in Jupi's ears and the distance makes it so he can't make out what she says, unaware of her attempt to join in on the conversation.

Noticing distinctly that Aurelia doesn't take to wing, Jupi makes his circles smaller to stay in her vicinity, continuing his passive surveillance from the air above her head.

"Hm. A little, yeah," he replies bluntly, though not maliciously, clearly turning over the idea in his head. Even if it's light, that's still weight that drags her down in flight.

"I've never seen a bird who carries a tent. Doesn't that make it hard to fly?" Why she would choose to remain ground-bound when she can have the freedom of the open skies is a mystery to him.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2019, 05:09:20 am »

Kawri joined the bird's conversation.
"Aurelia has feathers, yes? Why walks? Flying is easier, Kawri thinks."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2019, 08:41:14 am »

"Juuuuudging from the way she speaks, I'd say she's spent a lot of time around humans. Speaking from experience, personally."
Aya, for her part, has been hanging around Aurelia a fair bit, giving Milos a little space.
"Maybe even raised by humans. Am I right?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2019, 08:48:40 am »

"I guess it would. Was a little annoying that one time... anyways, I think it's worth it for a warmer place to sleep." she said. It had been a short flight to get up into a tree when that wolf attacked, so she hadn't really noticed the weight of her bag... and it didn't seem to be a problem when transformed, so what was the issue?

"Huh? Is it? Don't you get tired after a while?" She hadn't really tried long-distance flight before, at least not very much. The idea honestly scared her a little bit - what if she found she couldn't keep going when she was super high up? Or some bandit-bird (did those even exist outside of random fears?) decided she looked like easy prey?

Then, Aya spoke up, and she winced a little.

"Was it that obvious...?"
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2019, 09:13:10 am »

"Could tell just based off on how you talk- you talk like me, not like the others, and I picked up quite a bit from humans- and the fact that you're not flying around like the other birds. You travel around, you pick up on these sorts of things. Nothing to be ashamed of, we all got our stories."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2019, 10:10:30 am »

Joachim was content for the moment just listening to his new allies talking among themselves, but after a while he noticed one of them had been more or less completely silent the entire time. Maybe she was just shy. Well, in that case, he'd just start the conversation himself, and he fell into step beside Clover.

"You'rrre a quiet one, eh? Not nerrrvous about worrrking with a bunch of Laguz like Crrrawforrrd are you?"

The lanky cat laguz was still purring quietly as he spoke, completely at ease with these humans. They were basically the same as the people back home in Navarre when you got down to it, except without the claws and less grace.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sheyra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2019, 10:41:17 am »

Clover would remain silent throughout the meeting with the King, lingering near the back of the group where she could stay unobtrusive without being rude about it. She hadn't exactly had the best experience the first time she had the opportunity to 'meet' royalty. Finding out that they had been brought here to rescue some princess didn't exactly fill her with motivation either. Clover could sympathize with the girl's plight at being taken away from her home unwillingly; she'd lived through that firsthand. And given the girl was a laguz and royalty to boot, there was no chance her captor would give her a real chance to escape like Clover had had when she was younger. But still, this seemed like some excessive lengths to go to just to find some girl.

She'd remain pretty tense throughout the meeting with the king, frowning ever so slightly as he foisted a half dozen of his own kind onto their group. The extra manpower would be useful if it came to a pitched battle, but good luck sneaking a group this size into wherever the girl was being held. Also, seeing them pick on poor Milos bothered her. It wasn't like they were doing him any real harm or anything, but the poor guy was going to have a rough time of it this mission, and given how invaluable his support was, he really deserved better than this nonsense.

As they finally left that cave palace thing and began making their way back onto the open road... mud, whatever, Clover would sigh with some relief, much of her tension beginning to melt away once they were back out under the open sky. She'd turn her head to look at Joachim as he approached, shrugging a little in response to his questions.

"I'm just really bad with royalty, really." She'd smile a bit. "I've never worked with a laguz before, but I try to keep an open mind. I wouldn't say I'm... comfortable? But once we get to know each other better, I'll get over it. Though..."

And Clover would pause for a moment, before leaning over towards Joachim, narrowing her eyes a bit. "I expect you're done with teasing Milos. Right?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2019, 10:49:46 am »

Joachim looked from Clover to Milos and considered.

"Aye, forrr a while. It's just in fun and all but I don't want to bully the lad, and he looks like he's had all he can take at the moment."

He held a hand up and moved it slightly to the side as if that somehow illustrated his point.

"I've neverrr worrrked with humans beforrre, eitherrr. You seven arrre the firrrst I've even met."

"I was expecting shorrrterrr and harrrierrr. You'rrre all quite lovely. Rrreminds me of my own people, a little."

The redhead had mentioned royalty, and Joachim chewed on that for a bit before responding.

"As forrr the king, well, he's the king. Not exactly what I expected eitherrr. I was thinking more like tall and powerrrful, a rrreal hunterrr. But I think yourrr leaderrr is closerrr to what I imagined a king to be. What's he like?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2019, 11:34:21 am »

"It just makes you more interesting!" Jupi chirrups in agreement with Aya when she joins them, doing a loop-de-loop in the air to burn off some excess energy.

"There's no way I could get tired of flying! I get more tired of walking after a while, hehe. So slow, and you got to go on paths and everything or else it's even harder... no way. Up here, no obstacles! And I can go four times as far and fast!"

"So what's it like, spending your whole life with humans?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2019, 11:38:54 am »

"I prefer the slow path, myself. More time to enjoy the scenery, get around, go at your own pace. You rush around too quick, you miss the details sometimes; gotta take it easy when it comes to these sorts of things."
Aya reaches around the back of her head, resting her head on her hands and taking a deep breath.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 87