Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 60329 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #1260 on: September 14, 2020, 09:52:03 pm »

Aurelia got the sense that was a... loaded question. So when she landed, it was far enough to not be in easy lunge range.

"Yes, but they're the human mercenaries hired by King Himos, along with the laguz selected by him..." she said. She nearly mentioned the princess, but remembered just in time it wasn't common knowledge that she'd disappeared. "So... we would speak with him at once."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: September 16, 2020, 09:53:25 pm »

The apparent leader of the group opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by one of the other two with him. "That's right! I saw the selection process! You kicked my buddy Anzu straight in the face! It was awesome, he still whines about losing the spot!"

The leader gave him a look before turning back to Aurelia. "Alright, good enough for me. You wait here. I'll inform the King that you've arrived." The man turned on his heel and transformed into a cat, bounding away.

A few minutes later, a massive crimson lion charged out of the crowd gathered in the town below, running straight past Aurelia to intercept the wagon, stopping to return to the form recognizable as King Himos.

"Steelhart! My daughter! Did you fi- Ella!" The princess was already climbing down from the prince's horse, and the two embraced a little ways ahead of the wagon. The King lifted his daughter into the air, spinning once before bringing her into a crushing hug. "Oh Ella! My dear daughter! Your father was so frightened for you! I'm so glad to see you safe and sound. Ugh, but you stink of human!"

"Father, more gently, please..." The lord of the cats eased his hold ever so slightly, and turned his head to Grae.

"You have my thanks, mercenary. My choice to call on you for aid was the right one. You will have your promised payment, but..." The King looked at the collection of riders, and the wagon. "...I will only pay what I promised to those you brought before me when you accepted the task. You will not be given more just for bringing more mercenaries."

"I wouldn't dream of it. My organization prides itself on taking only what is agreed upon. The stated one hundred and five thousand for my group will be quite sufficient. And these men aren't mine anyway."

"Your Majesty. These men are under my command. I am Prince Wolfgang Gault, heir to the throne of Morcia. I've come to discuss terms of peace between our great nations, as well as-"

Himos whirled to Grae, deftly pushing Ella behind himself. "You brought Morcian soldier within my borders? You will explain your treachery, now!"

"Wasn't my idea. He wouldn't let us bring the princess back to you unless he tagged along with his honor guard. You paid us quite a bit, but not enough for Regicide."

The King advanced upon Wolfgang, who was still on his horse. "You were holding my daughter? You have made your last mistake coming into my borders of your own accord then!" Himos was stopped as Ella grabbed onto his right wrist from behind.

"No father, that isn't so! Wolfgang rescued me from outlaws in his lands! He merely wishes to keep me safe. Because... well, because..." Ella's voice trailed off, leaving a heavy silence.

The prince spoke up, in defiance of the leaden mood. "I wish to parley with you, Oh great King Himos. Not only for peace between our realms, but also... I wish for your daughter's hand."

There was a brief moment before the violence began. Himos, King of Sampia and Lord of the Cats, turned back to look upon the scarlet face of his only daughter, who could not bring herself to speak or to meet his eye. Then, back to this Prince, this Wolfgang Gault. Himos was like lightning, returning to his lion form, and soaring through the open space between himself and the Prince. Wolfgang was knocked out of the saddle, and had the King's paw pressed against his throat as he lay flat on the ground, helplessly pushing against the paw, trying desperately to force it off of his neck.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 16, 2020, 10:17:51 pm »

Milos didn't like King Himos one bit, and it was definitely not a shocker as to why that was the case to anyone. Those scathing words haunted him from day one of this journey, the ghost that followed him throughout every step of the way and threatened to undo all of his progress if he so much as made one wrong step. He was content with not making eye contact, staying in the back of the wagon and watching from afar to make sure everything went well. So... this was the end of the journey, it seemed. Milos peeked over at all of the Laguz that had traveled with him— everyone, along every step of the way, had a hand in helping him. Even if sometimes, that help was a little hard to swallow.

But those were just the assignments.

The real test began now.

Stars seemed to form in Milos's head the second King Himos shifted into his beast form and began to savage Prince Wolfgang. He shivered, paralyzed with fear for just a brief moment— terror gripped him by the neck like icy fangs, reminding him that he was...

...Not...

Not a coward...

Not. A. Coward.

As if fighting through a blizzard, Milos rose from the wagon and jumped off, approaching the monster and the man who had only done his best to be accommodating. Milos wanted to scream, go back, not jeopardize the mission. He didn't wish to hear, see or speak of what was happening. And yet his ears had flown open to listen to the growls and roars that he feared so much, his eyes gazed upon the very terror that hindered him this whole time... and his mouth opened to speak.

"Leave him alone! We got your daughter back and he helped us! He's willing to make peace, why do you have to be so horrible to him for no reason!?"

It all came out as a scream— Milos knew that that was the best course of action. His whimpering would not get him anywhere, and if nothing else it gave him a way to vent out loud without shrieking in terror like he would normally. And yet, despite his bold words, his legs still quaked with terror, his arms shaking and begging to reach for his sword for self-defense immediately before the King could speak or threaten him. Sweat was visible on his forehead and his heart looked to be ready to pound out of his chest... but not once did Milos lose his ground.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 17, 2020, 10:17:38 pm »

Himos didn't even look up from Wolfgang's increasingly red face at Milos' words. He was startled, at least, when he was tackled by a small, pink lioness. For a moment, he was knocked off of the Prince's neck. Ella returned to her humanoid form, pleading with her father.

"Please! Don't do this! Prince Wolfgang came here in good faith, please! I love him father!"

The King reverted as well, and placed a heavy foot on Wolfgang's chest, eliciting a pained groan. "My daughter, you have been deceived. Not only are the soldiers of Morcia upon us, here to make war, but this thing-" Himos shifted more weight to the foot on top of Wolfgang, and the Prince wheezed. "-has deceived you! There is little doubt in my mind that he sent so called 'outlaws' to capture you, that he could play hero, and win your heart as a pretense to bring his soldiers to kill me. The fool must have thought me weak!"

"That's not- not true! I- GAH!" The Prince was silenced by the weight of the King once more.

"I'm telling you, no! Wolfgang and I met long before I was captured. I went to see him often, when I told you I was training... I was going to meet him after I found out we were to be at war, and he came to save me because he truly cares for me! I am not a child father, you have to listen to me!"

"...How long has this secret tryst been going on? And why did you not tell me?"

"Because I knew you would stop me! Or do this!" Ella pointed at Wolfgang's prone form accusingly. The King's foot didn't move.

"As enraptured as I am with this discussion," Grae interrupted, from a healthy distance away from the King. "Your Majesty, you mentioned your borders had been invaded? We were assaulted by men and women of Sampia on our way here. I don't suppose that intelligence is the incursion you're talking about?"

"...No. I was informed of what happened to you at the pass, and I relayed instructions that you would not be pursued further, but I speak of the full host of the Morcian Army, led by their General Whart. I've made preparations for a counter attack. We will drive them from our lands."

"And here I was thinking we'd been lucky in evading pursuit. Also, not to butt in, but everything the Prince has said to me matches what he's said to you. He's kind of a prick, but not a bad guy."

"Father, please..."

"Let me- let me prove it to you. I will lead my men against the General, and I will take us back to our own borders. Then, we can speak of peace. What say you?"

Himos looked down at the Prince, and moved his foot away. "My own warriors will be more than sufficient. And quite capable of shredding the weaklings you brought with you, should you prove treacherous. I doubt you would be of much help with such meager numbers."

"Perhaps that is so..." Wolfgang sat up gingerly, and turned his head toward Grae and the others. "Steelhart! You're not under contract at the moment. Is that not so?"

Grae barked out a laugh. "It just so happens that we're freed up, yeah. We don't come cheap, if we come at all." Grae looked around at his subordinates. "So, who's in?"

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 19, 2020, 03:31:07 pm »

Milos felt himself paralyzed throughout Ella's actual action. He wanted to do something, anything besides just shout and be useless in general, but at the very least he knew that this was Ella's fight and not his. However, he tried to work on moving his joints in case an actual fight broke out... thankfully, it didn't seem like this was going to happen. Milos could admire Wolfgang's tenacity and wish to prove himself to King Himos— Milos didn't think Wolfgang owed this man anything.

In response to Grae, Milos took what seemed to be his first breath of that whole incident.

"I'm in."

Nothing more was said on his end, as he needed to focus on both breathing and not passing out. Nothing else seemed appropriate, anyways.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 19, 2020, 03:40:33 pm »

An additional contract... just like Grae had said, back at the fort.

"Where we go, I go. That's not going to change now."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1266 on: September 22, 2020, 11:15:48 am »

"I wouldn't want to miss out on this excitement."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 22, 2020, 03:45:33 pm »

Raajak looked back and forth, unsure of his path. These humans held no power in these lands, and he wouldn't be sorry to see the last of them...on the other hand, the king was acting like a spooked cub and the humans really had been in the right, from what he had witnessed of their actions.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 01, 2020, 08:25:07 am »

Once all the mercenaries (and a couple of the laguz, curiously) had signaled their intent to come with, Grae turned back to the prince. "Very well. The Steelhart mercenaries are available for hire, and you have our full present strength at your disposal, should we accept your offer."

The prince had long since stood and dusted himself off. "Excellent. One hundred thousand should be quite suf-"

"One hundred and fifty thousand." All the cheer and comradery had dropped from the Commander's voice.

Wolfgang, for his part, stumbled at the demand. "Er... One hundred and twenty?"

"Your highness, with respect, you are asking us to insert ourselves between a war with Morcia and Sampia. You have no other options, you are not in a position to bargain. One hundred and fifty thousand. Last chance."

"...Fine. You have my word, your organization will be paid the one hundred and fifty thousand as agreed upon, once the Morcian troops withdraw from Sampian territory."

Grae's smile and easy tone returned, as if they had never left. "Always a pleasure to do business with royalty. Now, your highness, I was hoping we could discuss the issue of my group's equipment..." Grae draped his arm around Wolfgang's shoulder, and led the two around to the rear of the wagon.

"...Steelhart is rather frightening in his own way, wouldn't you say father?"

The King grunted. "My elites, you will stay with this human prince. I expect his head to be turned over to me at the first sign of treachery. Ella, I will have you leave for the south. I wi-"

"Father. Where Wolfgang goes, I go. I have the right."

Himos snarled, then took a deep breath and released it. He placed his hands on Ella's shoulder, and leaned down to press his own forehead to hers. "Ella, my sweet, dear daughter. I know you believe this to be right. But I would do much to keep you from danger. Please, try to listen to your father."

The princess stepped back from her father, resolute. "I am asking you, father. Show me as much trust as you show my brothers. Show me as much trust as you show your love."

The King stood still, hands flexing for what seemed quite a long time. "If you can not be made to see reason, I will not force you." He turned to Joachim and Heledd. "Take care to see that my daughter goes unharmed. I will bring another of our kind to see to your protection..."

Ella pointed to the other Tiger that the group had acquired. "Raajak is extremely capable. I have seen him fight for myself. He is a Laguz of great honor."

"...As you wish. I must return to the war party. We've made preparations to leave at first light to meet the invaders." Himos picked up his daughter into another crushing hug. "Please be safe. And if any doubt at all comes to you of this human, leave him. For my sake."

"I love you father." With that, the King made his way back down the hill to the town.

Grae and Wolfgang chose this moment to return from the wagon. "Looks like the Prince's men brought some extra weapons in case things got ugly, and we've been given access to those supply. I suggest everyone take anything they need, I know we haven't had a chance to resupply for a while."

Storage is now available!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 01, 2020, 06:43:58 pm »

"All rrright, I'll look afterrr herrr."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 02, 2020, 11:41:14 am »

"We can really take whatever we like?"

"... Okay."

Claire didn't ask twice, already gathering her robes and hurrying to the wagon to look through the tomes. If she was embarrassed about looking greedy in front of the prince's men, she tried her best not to show it - when this sort of opportunity was given, it needed to be taken for all that it was. That was something in the spirit of the third law, after all.

Put Fire in storage, take Icicle Shower x2, Arcthunder, and a vulnerary.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 02, 2020, 07:48:46 pm »

Milos sifted through the convoy himself, taking out a finely-crafted sword. He gave it a swing— it was slightly on the heavy side, but he was content with it.

Even if I don't get a chance to use it to defend everyone... it'll at least be good self-defense.

Milos takes a Steel Sword and a Vulnerary.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 11, 2020, 04:25:04 pm »

Aurelia didn't really need to grab any weapons for herself, but she stuck near the convoy anyway. When Milos left it, she followed.

"Uh, hey..." she said, a little awkwardly. "I just wanted to ask... are you feeling alright, after that thing with Himos?" Gosh she hoped she wasn't being rude asking, she was worried but she didn't want to sound condescending...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 11, 2020, 05:54:24 pm »

Milos didn't jump at all at Aurelia's sudden arrival— instead welcoming her presence

"Oh... Aurelia... I'm fine," Milos said with a little nod. "He's... still scary, I won't lie, and I wish I could have done a little more than just yell at him and easily get ignored... but I'm okay, I think. Thank you..." He still seemed a little on edge, but it wasn't anything serious. At the very least, he wasn't fidgeting or anything.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 11, 2020, 06:20:48 pm »

"I'm glad that it went... well, it went relatively ok." she said. She paused awkwardly. "I think it was very brave, honestly... I was too freaked out to say anything but you were right up there..."
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87