Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A Mage in an Apocalypse  (Read 2526 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Mage in an Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 09:20:25 am »

[X] Crawling Hand: A rather useful if non combative undead, produced from the severed hands of your enemies, or yourself if you are truly desperate. Can hide easily, and spy with dark magics.
[X] Zombie: A staple of any fledgeling necromancer, a raised shambling corpse. Tough as nails, dumb as bricks and slow as molasses. Not clean, not subtle, but easy.
Agree with zombie minions, however, Knucklebones should instead be...
[X] Chilling Touch: A touch attack, able to harm and unnerve even thick skinned enemies. Close range, but a way to get anyone away from you.

Now, where do you go?
[X] Toward the clock tower. It remains the nearest intact building, and it's design is very different to everything else around.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 10:45:49 am »

[X] Crawling Hand: A rather useful if non combative undead, produced from the severed hands of your enemies, or yourself if you are truly desperate. Can hide easily, and spy with dark magics.
[X] Zombie: A staple of any fledgeling necromancer, a raised shambling corpse. Tough as nails, dumb as bricks and slow as molasses. Not clean, not subtle, but easy.
[X] Knucklebones: A spell shamelessly stolen from another school, this vaguely prophetic working can point you to places of interest and importance, though not without risk of course.

Now, where do you go?
[X] Toward the clock tower. It remains the nearest intact building, and it's design is very different to everything else around.
+1

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 11:29:38 am »

[X] Knucklebones: A spell shamelessly stolen from another school, this vaguely prophetic working can point you to places of interest and importance, though not without risk of course.

Now, where do you go?
+1 to this.

So, we didn’t start in the apocalypse, we teleported to a world that’s had one? Huh.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 11:49:28 am »

Note, no one has guessed the setting yet.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 01:22:07 pm »

Now, where do you go?
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 07:48:13 am »

You walk with a slow crunching, the glass scattered around haphazardly alongside a few metal carriages, though most appear to have been cut apart and even the doors removed. Looking up at the tower you notice scaffolding along the side of the building made of torn pieces of cloth and large metal rods, and makeshift walls around the base. Two ragged men wielding long spears stand above some sort of gateway through.

"Who are you? You don't look like an Abby, and you aint dressed up like them Naffles," one yells to you, a very rough voice speaking Common.

[] Write in

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 11:34:15 am »

“Er, Zacharie Bones. I’m lost.”

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 11:53:30 am »

+1, with...
"...in fact, I think I may have suffered a concussion, I can't... Can't quite remember where I am. Where is this, again?"

I think that playing the "Amnesiac" angle will play perfectly in this situation. Learning history, situation, all that, is very necessary.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2018, 12:05:13 pm »

+1, with...
"...in fact, I think I may have suffered a concussion, I can't... Can't quite remember where I am. Where is this, again?"

I think that playing the "Amnesiac" angle will play perfectly in this situation. Learning history, situation, all that, is very necessary.

I full heartedly agree.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 12:14:43 pm »

+1, with...

I full heartedly agree.
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 07:26:39 pm »

+ 1

Play the memory loss card. Maybe clue us in or attack, in which chill touch the damn fool and get his hands.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2018, 07:38:15 pm »

+1 to memory loss.
Also I still can't figure out this setting I'm guessing it's one I'm unfamiliar with.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2018, 07:44:19 pm »

in which chill touch the damn fool
Did we choose that kit, or the knucklebones set?

EDIT: I’m pretty sure we did knucklebones.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 08:23:28 pm »

Never mind that then. Damnit always pick a direct combat, apparently not case here.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 09:10:43 pm »

Hey, I tried to get us a way to cook up fresh corpses, but we just HAD to grab Knucklebones... :I
But hopefully we can pick up some combat spells later - For now, a horde will have to do.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
Pages: 1 [2] 3