Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A Mage in an Apocalypse  (Read 2528 times)

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Mage in an Apocalypse
« on: December 04, 2018, 06:20:55 pm »

Your world is ending. Darkness spreads across the land, consuming and destroying all in its path. Armies of countless size march, slither and soar through any resistance. It might be time for a change in planar scenery. A circle arrayed before you, hundreds of meters wide, powered by a number of priceless and irreplaceable artifacts that will shortly be rendered to dust, all to save one person. You. Now who are you?

Spoiler: Character_Info (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Original_Choice (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 07:57:00 am by banelord »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: A Mage in an Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 06:28:45 pm »

[X] An elementalist. A follower of the oldest and some say purest magics. All you know is you can set people on fire rather easily.
[X] You see a very bright light, much brighter than you were expecting. When your eyes adjust, a flurrying wind bites into you, and you spot the top of a clock tower.

Elementalist+Very bright light
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:45:20 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 06:40:43 pm »

[X] A necromancer. A surprisingly adept healer, and one who deals in the manipulation and raising of the dead.
[X] You see a clock tower. Around you there are shards of glass, and dust, ash and a dry wind whip around you.
Necromantic conquest time, the ash dust and dry wind sounds like some sort of
A: Post apocalyptic world
B: Warzone
Or
C: Desert?
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 07:10:50 pm »

All of them are specific settings, and each are the same location in those different settings.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 07:46:46 pm »

[X] A necromancer
[X]You see a clock tower. Around you there are shards of glass, and dust, ash and a dry wind whip around you.

My guesses are:
A: Reign of Fire (I fairly sure it's not though but I can't think of much else that fits, it's a setting where there's been alot of fire and heat)
B: Waterworld
C: Frostpunk (considering the first one is explicitly dry with lots of ash that makes me suspect that the third one is fundamentally different so I'm thinking snow blindness and snow for this one)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 08:09:41 pm »

Necromancer and glass, dust, ash, and wind.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 08:26:33 pm »

I'm with the Necromancer in the Desert.
My guess on an earthly location would be London - Say hi to Big Ben, folks! Universes, however? I blank. Water HAS to be Waterworld, however - I agree on that one.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 08:27:42 pm »

The Desert can be a lot of options but my first thoughts were either Dark Sun or Dist of the North Star.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 12:07:33 am »

Elementalist+Very bright light
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 02:39:36 am »

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 06:07:33 am »

[X] A necromancer
[X]You see a clock tower. Around you there are shards of glass, and dust, ash and a dry wind whip around you.

My guesses are:
A: Reign of Fire (I fairly sure it's not though but I can't think of much else that fits, it's a setting where there's been alot of fire and heat)
C: Frostpunk (considering the first one is explicitly dry with lots of ash that makes me suspect that the third one is fundamentally different so I'm thinking snow blindness and snow for this one)

Right on the last two. Genuinely impressed.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 06:54:19 am »

[X] A necromancer

My guesses are:
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 07:10:16 am »

[X] A necromancer

My guesses are:
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

banelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 08:21:27 am »

As you blink away the tears and dust, you glance around at this new world. Enormous buildings, clearly built by the ancients for they are hollow ruins, their windows to a one shattered on the floor, some collapsed while others creak eerily. The clock tower you saw before lies behind you, the building next to it a smote ruin. As your mind eases into the feeling of this new world, something immediately hits you above the ash, and heat, and dryness. Death. Everything reeks of death, even to your jaded nose. How great a slaughter occurred here that even now, what must be millenia past these ancient structures, that death clings still. Then you hear a familiar popping noise, the sound of explosions. There must be an evoker or elementalist in the ruins here, or one of those dwarven artificers.

The tumbling and turning through the eternities has not done your memory much good. Keeping ahold of your personality was key, but the rest was fodder. You do grasp some basics back, but time will have to undo the damage. What spells did you grasp?

Pick 3
[] Crawling Hand: A rather useful if non combative undead, produced from the severed hands of your enemies, or yourself if you are truly desperate. Can hide easily, and spy with dark magics.
[] Zombie: A staple of any fledgeling necromancer, a raised shambling corpse. Tough as nails, dumb as bricks and slow as molasses. Not clean, not subtle, but easy.
[] Chilling Touch: A touch attack, able to harm and unnerve even thick skinned enemies. Close range, but a way to get anyone away from you.
[] Knucklebones: A spell shamelessly stolen from another school, this vaguely prophetic working can point you to places of interest and importance, though not without risk of course.
[] Death Sense: Finding corpses to raise is often difficult, especially if the only ones available are named. This sight enhancement allows you to locate corpses, and also see places of great death from far away.

Now, where do you go?
[] In the direction of the explosions. If you could find another mage, perhaps you could get some direction in this world?
[] Toward the clock tower. It remains the nearest intact building, and it's design is very different to everything else around.
[] Wander elsewhere?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 08:29:42 am »

[X] Crawling Hand: A rather useful if non combative undead, produced from the severed hands of your enemies, or yourself if you are truly desperate. Can hide easily, and spy with dark magics.
[X] Zombie: A staple of any fledgeling necromancer, a raised shambling corpse. Tough as nails, dumb as bricks and slow as molasses. Not clean, not subtle, but easy.
[X] Knucklebones: A spell shamelessly stolen from another school, this vaguely prophetic working can point you to places of interest and importance, though not without risk of course.

Now, where do you go?
[X] Toward the clock tower. It remains the nearest intact building, and it's design is very different to everything else around.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: [1] 2 3