Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Dungeon Rush: A Semi-Minimalist RTD  (Read 19767 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Rush: A Semi-Minimalist RTD
« Reply #120 on: March 09, 2019, 08:09:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He was about to say something brilliant. Then he got bitten on the face. He stood up, poison pumping through his veins. It hurt, but oddly... It felt GOOD. Like adrenaline but better. He heard fighting beyond the door in the distance, somehow.
He had to get out there. He had to go out in a blaze of glory, not choking on his own rotten blood.
Locate the key the fighting dunces dropped. Unlock the door, then GET OUT THERE AND, Well, uh, keep a safe, un-noticed distance from the fight.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2019, 08:55:32 pm »

>Using my mook self, charge at the intruders, attacking the healer first because we all know how useless a dead healer is.
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
it's over

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2019, 01:17:30 am »

Drain faery of blood to unlock fabulous vampire powers

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2019, 09:18:40 am »

Hide some where near the stairs and attack the cleric when they get close.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2019, 10:50:33 am »

Plug up bats mouth with coin
"Rude!"

Spoiler: Peanut Lightswirls (click to show/hide)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2019, 12:05:59 am »

Cannibalize some of the slime remains and begin launching the rest of the remains of my fellows at the evil, no good, murderous, heroes who dare kill all my friends.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2019, 08:27:31 pm »

((If anyone is wondering, I'm going to update tomorrow. Could have updated today, but I decided to wait a little more for a few players that hadn't posted yet.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2019, 11:51:17 pm »

I look upon my impending doom, and laugh.

”Ready.. Charge! For the Regiment!”
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:57:49 am by Ragnar the Råsh of Emal »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2019, 04:35:50 pm »

Make my way out of the storage room and go explore the first floor like a sneaky snake. Maybe find a hole or something to hide in to digest my meal or ambush any Heroes that walk by.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 01:22:38 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2019, 11:41:16 am »

Name: Jinglefoot, the Easily-spotted
Monster Class: Halfling
Monster Type: Barbarian
Floor: 2
Inventory: 100 silver coins sewn into his tunic

When Jinglefoot was a little baby, his mother shaped his teeth to wicked points, as is custom. He has kept good care of them since, filing away any chips and chewing on roots that keep them white and glittering. But now, furious that he cannot find a barrel, he grinds them together savagely. A single vein in his forehead throbs in tempo with his angry little heart-beat.
"Where?? WHERE is there a barrel? Why didn't the idiot Overlord stock this dungeon right?? There should be barrels on every level, on every corner, at the top of every stairs! TEN BARRELS PER MONSTER!!"
Suddenly, Jinglefoot realizes that he is shouting out loud... It would not do for the Overlord to hear him saying such things.

Jinglefoot trots down the stairs to the first level. He spots his old hunting buddy Bob the gnoll crouching behind a row of enormous candles in a high alcove, and joins him in waiting for the healy one of the four heroes to arrive.

When the cleric arrives, burst down out of the alcove (waxy-bits of candle flying everywhere) and bite through his skin! Give him a nasty infection.

« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2019, 04:07:43 pm »

I suggest this music for the chaos that will soon occur:

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2019, 08:28:12 pm »

((Apologies, but I'll have to delay the turn a little more due to lack of inspiration. The turn ended being longer than expected yet again, and I'm busy during most of the week. Expect something next weekend, or maybe earlier if I find enough free time to finish the turn.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2019, 06:57:43 pm »

Name: Selene
Monster Class: Demon
Monster Type: -
Floor: 70
Inventory: 1 gold piece, 168 silver piece
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2019, 09:23:39 pm »

Turn 4

((A question to all current players: Regarding undead, would you prefer that the undead forms of many monsters were part of their former Monster Class or to be included in a general Monster Class? For example, Nox would change into the "Rodent" Monster Class instead of the "Zombie" monster class, who would then just include things like revenants and ghouls.))

Make noise! Then bite whoever frees me to death!

[6] The chest opens and you are blinded by the sudden light, but you jump and attack regardless. You bite and latch to the unknown enemy's face with all of your might, causing as much damage as possible for your small mouth.

Your attack is suddenly interrupted as a pair of large hands grab and throw you against the nearby wall. When your vision clears, you notice a Hobgoblin standing in front of the now empty chest: It's face is completely covered with bite wounds.

(Status: Injured. Floor: 2.)

Continue mauling the skeleton! tear all it’s limbs off and chew it’s skull into a powder!

[3] You throw the bone to the side and jump against the Skeleton's skull, knocking it out of the main body. You don't really manage to cause more damage this turn, though, because of everyone moving left and right in the small room and interrupting your attacks by pushing you around.

(No changes.)

To the second floor! Find more construction material and build a barricade to block off the stairs to the first floor.

[2] You curse the architects that built these seemingly endless stairs and start the climb to the Second Floor. You wonder why no one ever tried to use teleporting magic or anything that wasn't just walking up stairs for half an hour. After quite a while, you finally reach the entrance to the Second Floor

Just as you are about to open the doors to the Second Floor, they are suddenly flung open by an angry Halfling. Charging in the way you came from, he has little time to react. You both crash and tumble down the stairs, hitting every step all the way to the First Floor.

Your bones are now scattered all around the floor, and the Halfling is now unconscious next to your skull. He looks pale, and has a bleeding wound on his head. The room is still isolated from the rest of the First Floor due to the barricade, too.

(Status: Knocked Down.)

If the narrator cannot comprehend the form of a [kitten], then surely the heroes stand no chance of understanding.
ERGLAGVER settles down on the wizard's shoulder for now. [Purring] sweet [kitten noises] into its poor underdeveloped [non-kitten brain].

Name: ERGLAGVER
Monster Class: [kitten]
Monster Type: black [kitten]
Floor: 1
Inventory: Empty

Find somewhere to hide and lie in wait for the adventurers.

[1] You fail to find a hiding spot and somehow end in front of the Chosen Ones, among a group of reptilian monsters and other various critters. You don't want to be here at all, this is the complete opposite of what you wanted.

The group charges, and you are forced to follow them. For some reason, you don't feel like you are going to die, and this gives you hope.

(Status: Inspired. See end of turn.)

Absorb some of the darkness to heal myself, then  start floating down the halls, darkening them as I go. Along the way, try to remember: Who was I?

Spoiler: Ves (click to show/hide)

[3] You don't really manage to recover from your light (heh) wounds, but you do find a particularly dark corner in which you stop to meditate. Your memory feels foggy, as if there was some outside force blocking most of it, but you manage to recall some things:

You were part of a party of adventurers. You don't know how did you end here, but you know that you and the rest found their demise in this fortress. Half of them fell against the First Guardian, also known as Grex, Guardian of the Tenth Floor, while the other half split and died in the lower floors.

Seeing that you are located in the First Floor, you are fairly sure that your rotting body might be located somewhere nearby.

(No changes.)

He was about to say something brilliant. Then he got bitten on the face. He stood up, poison pumping through his veins. It hurt, but oddly... It felt GOOD. Like adrenaline but better. He heard fighting beyond the door in the distance, somehow.
He had to get out there. He had to go out in a blaze of glory, not choking on his own rotten blood.
Locate the key the fighting dunces dropped. Unlock the door, then GET OUT THERE AND, Well, uh, keep a safe, un-noticed distance from the fight.

[2] You say it feels good, but it actually hurts like hell. And you know how much hell hurts, being from there and all. You search between the boxes and Mimics, but you don't find the key. It doesn't help that the previously mentioned dunces are moving things and making a mess out of this place in their own search.

(No changes.)

>Using my mook self, charge at the intruders, attacking the healer first because we all know how useless a dead healer is.
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

[2] You scramble around the room, but don't find any exits. You know the Storage Room door needs a key, but even if you found it, your size would prevent you from escaping unless someone else helped you unlock the door.

(No changes.)

Drain faery of blood to unlock fabulous vampire powers

[AUTO-1] She shoves a coin agaisnt your face and you accidentally swallow it. You are now choking, unable to breathe due to the coin stuck in your throat. The other bats in the ceiling laugh at your misfortune.

(Status: Choking.)

Hide some where near the stairs and attack the cleric when they get close.

[2] You pound on the wooden barricade blocking the room with the stairs, trying to get inside and hide. Sadly, you did a very good job at building it, as you don't manage to enter during this turn. You still prepare to attack the cleric if they get close, but you don't know how long will it take for them to get from one side of the First Floor to the other.

(No changes.)

Plug up bats mouth with coin
"Rude!"

Spoiler: Peanut Lightswirls (click to show/hide)

[6] You quickly take your precious coin out and use it as a shield to block the bat's ferocious bite. You plug the fiend's mouth successfully! And the lungs, too! Sadly, you lost your coin in the process.

(Lost: Gold Coin.)

Cannibalize some of the slime remains and begin launching the rest of the remains of my fellows at the evil, no good, murderous, heroes who dare kill all my friends.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

[3] You eat the slime remains and increase slightly in size due to the added mass, but you can't figure how to launch it against the so-called "Heroes". So, you just remain in cover and wait for an opportunity to attack.

(See end of turn.)

I look upon my impending doom, and laugh.

”Ready.. Charge! For the Regiment!”

[5] You laugh and order the Regiment to attack. They shout a battle cry and charge the enemy, with no fear or doubt.

(See end of turn.)

Make my way out of the storage room and go explore the first floor like a sneaky snake. Maybe find a hole or something to hide in to ambush any Heroes that walk by.

[2] You don't make your way out of the storage room, as the door is locked and somehow no one has found it yet. You push a few boxes around, but there's nothing below them. The walls also seem solid enough to block any other ways of escape, so digging is out of the question.

(No changes.)

Name: Jinglefoot, the Easily-spotted
Monster Class: Halfling
Monster Type: Barbarian
Floor: 2
Inventory: 100 silver coins sewn into his tunic

When Jinglefoot was a little baby, his mother shaped his teeth to wicked points, as is custom. He has kept good care of them since, filing away any chips and chewing on roots that keep them white and glittering. But now, furious that he cannot find a barrel, he grinds them together savagely. A single vein in his forehead throbs in tempo with his angry little heart-beat.
"Where?? WHERE is there a barrel? Why didn't the idiot Overlord stock this dungeon right?? There should be barrels on every level, on every corner, at the top of every stairs! TEN BARRELS PER MONSTER!!"
Suddenly, Jinglefoot realizes that he is shouting out loud... It would not do for the Overlord to hear him saying such things.

Jinglefoot trots down the stairs to the first level. He spots his old hunting buddy Bob the gnoll crouching behind a row of enormous candles in a high alcove, and joins him in waiting for the healy one of the four heroes to arrive.

When the cleric arrives, burst down out of the alcove (waxy-bits of candle flying everywhere) and bite through his skin! Give him a nasty infection.

[1] The Evil Overlord, of course, hears everything. You quickly run back from the way you came, and find yourself face to face with that Skeleton from before. You are about to stop when you feel someone push you from behind, making you collide with the poor gnomish undead and fall down the stairs. You receive heavy damage and hit your head against the ground, falling unconscious.

Quote from: Rolls
Red: [2]
Pickle: [6]
Slick: [4]
First Floor Regiment: [1]

VS

Knight: [4]
Rogue: [2]
Cleric: [4]
Wizard: [3]

"Here they come! Get ready to fight!"

The fight is fierce, but it's clear that the First Floor monsters are no match to the Chosen Ones. They all eventually fall down to the mighty strikes of the Knight's greatsword, but none of them retreat or show any hint of fear. They all died fighting with honor, and their tale will inspire many monsters in the future.

"Oh, Crystal Dragon God, please bless us with your p-protection..!"

Despite their efforts, they cause absolutely no damage at all. And any scratches they might have done would end blocked by the Knight's armor or instantly cured by the Cleric's healing miracles. Red tries to attack too, but he's grazed by the Knight's blade and nearly cut in half. It's a miracle he's still alive.

Red: (Status: Mortally Wounded.)

"..."

The Wizard does nothing at all, not seeing the need to participate in the fight. The Knight seems to have everything in control, and casting any spell would be a waste of his magic power. So he just stands there, looking all eerily and mysterious like he likes to look like.

"Eek! This one's still alive!"

The Rogue, though, is distracted by the fresh loot dropped by the slain monsters, and both Slick and Pickle see this as their chance to attack. Pickle jumps and bits the Rogue in their hand while Slick tries again and manages to launch slime. The slime traps both the Rogue and Pickle, leaving them both glued to the ground.

Pickle: (Status: Stuck.)

-3 HP

Quote from: HP
KNIGHT: 10000
ROGUE:   9997 [STUN]
CLERIC: 10000
WIZARD: 10000

Name: Selene
Monster Class: Demon
Monster Type: -
Floor: 70
Inventory: 1 gold piece, 168 silver piece

((Like I said before, even the weakestDemon wouldn't belong with the cannon fodder present in the first flor. Please change it to something that isn't strong, like Imp. And Floor should be at 1. While demons do belong in the floors 61-69, floor 70 is exclusively for the Demon King, and no one is allowed to enter there unles allowed by the Evil Overlord himself.))

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2019, 09:43:22 pm »

Start looking for my body, while keeping an eye out for any other undead party members, working at that mental block all the while.  Who sent us?

Spoiler: Ves (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11