Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 53331 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.
« Reply #765 on: August 22, 2019, 10:39:25 am »

"Sure, why not. You or me first?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 22, 2019, 10:40:10 am »

"Yeah. It couldn't hurt to look around. Even if we don't see anything unusual, if you can lead everyone else here later, it'll be fine."

William walked closer to the fountain and gave the shrine around it a good visual examination, looking for anything out of the ordinary.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 22, 2019, 10:53:26 am »

You go first, if you don't mind. Amber and the investigator proceeded to throw dice until Amber lost.

Quote from: Luck check
Amber: 8+4=12
Mage: 6

Amber: 10+4=14
Mage: 11+1=12

Amber: 13+4=17
Mage: 9+2=11

Amber: 8+4=12
Mage: 15+3=18

Interesting... Here, as thanks. The man gave Amber a small bag of gold.

Amber gets 100 gold!

Care to go for another test? This time with a smaller die.

The Fountain had a plaque, noting the date of construction (many years ago) and a lot of technical details William couldn't understand.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 22, 2019, 11:05:31 am »

Can you look at the fountain's past and see if there's anything that could help us?

The shadow shrugged and walked over to it, crossing his arms as he stared at it.

I can, but I can't say I'll find anything useful. You remember how random the visions can be, even when you focused really hard. And since you snapped your mind in half to try to kill your gift, then spent years drowning it in alcohol when even that didn't work, I'm not exactly as strong as I could be.

William sighed. That much was true. The shadow was much more observant than he was, but he suspected that was because he was a step removed from William and could afford to mull things over and see more sides at a time.

Try anyway. Please?

Only because you asked nicely, Billy boy.

The shadow... turned slightly and stepped in a direction William couldn't quite describe, fading from sight as he did so. Now all that was left to do was wait to see what, if anything, came of it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 22, 2019, 11:06:01 am »

Amber shrugged. "Why not? Didn't take too long." Amber said, taking the dice and getting ready to toss it again.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 22, 2019, 11:12:31 am »

Karin takes her position next to William to go investigate it. She was fascinated by history, but this was something a little bit out of Karin's experience; she was a scholar, but she was no Senija Cizek when it came to archaeology. Nonetheless, it was worth a look.
"What did you find? Did you see anything?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 22, 2019, 11:15:01 am »

"Hmm? No, I haven't found anything interesting yet. Just this plaque, but I don't know enough to make anything out of it aside from the date. What do you think?"

William pointed the plaque out to Karin so she could read it as well.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 22, 2019, 11:27:29 am »

Great then! Once again the dice were cast, but this time Amber's streak carried on for twice as long.

Quote from: Luck check
Amber: 1+4=5
Mage: 2

Amber: 2+4=6
Mage: 2+1=3

Amber: 6+4=10
Mage: 4+2=6

Amber: 5+4=9
Mage: 6+3=9

Amber: 2+4=6
Mage: 1+3=4

Amber: 6+4=10
Mage: 5+4=9

Amber: 3+4=7
Mage: 1+5=6

Amber: 1+4=5
Mage: 2+6=8

Amazing! The man uncovered a box with some crystal rods poking out of it on a nearby table.

This machine of my invention is supposed to siphon luck. Any attempts at actually materializing it have failed, but thanks to this stroke of luck I could condense enough of it in a single object to significantly affect someone's luck! You can have it as thanks.

Amber gets Rabbit's Foot!

200 years ago...

The Fountain was up, enclosed in a warehouse rather than exposed in the open. The skyline was blurry, and the people had no identifiable faces. But there was a person coming out of a hidden passage at the back. Following the same passage the other way, one could find the exact location of the ancient laboratory mentioned in the papers, a couple of blocks away from the Fountain itself.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 22, 2019, 11:31:13 am »

I see. But I can't just assume that hidden passage is a straight line.

The shadow moved to enter it and follow it to the end.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 22, 2019, 11:31:43 am »

"There should be a secret passage nearby leading to the laboratory, if this plaque is correct. The trouble is....where is the passage?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 22, 2019, 11:36:40 am »

"Thanks. That's an amazing machine, from the sounds of it! I'll keep an ear out for once word gets around about it."
Sigtext!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 22, 2019, 11:47:50 am »

Thanks to you! I just hope it doesn't explode this time. The mage put the cover back on the table and took it with him.

The passage was quite dark, but it didn't pose a problem for the shadow. After a few turns, the passage ended, and the shadow could pinpoint the exact location of the laboratory, down to the very building.

Before "leaving", one more person entered the passage. This one had a face, only because the shadow already knew what they looked like. Although it didn't really matter, since the metallic skin and familiar robes made it impossible to mistake for someone other than Ace.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 22, 2019, 11:57:10 am »

Ace. Hmm.

The shadow thought about leaving William hanging and instead pursuing Ace to see where the golem could lead him. He folded his arms and tapped his foot. It was troublesome that William was starting to interact with other people. All the work he was doing to keep him broken and easily controlled might get undone; what if William started to get rebellious and look for ways to rid himself of this other half? He couldn't allow that.

And besides, for as antagonistic as he acted to the yin to his yang, he had never strayed too far for too long. It was possible he would just... stop existing if they were parted for too long. William would probably consider that freedom from a curse, but the shadow did not want to die. Therefore, even if he could dive deeper, it was better to return now before that Karin woman had too much time to speak to William. The shadow turned in the appropriate direction and took a long step through an ever-shifting landscape, the world crumbling through the years around him as he stepped into the present.

Stop screwing around and follow me.

William breathed a sigh of relief.

"I think I have something, Karin. Come with me."

He pretended to examine the surroundings closely as if following a trail, while actually just following the shadow...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 22, 2019, 12:07:33 pm »

"Huh? You found where it is?"
Karin looks up, her eyes following where William was going. That was.....oddly quick. They'd just started looking now and then suddenly William had already found the place?

She follows in William's trail.
"Have you been here before? That was kinda fast."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 22, 2019, 12:11:31 pm »

"N-no, nothing like that. It's just, um..."

William cast about desperately for a way to bullshit out of this.

"These cobblestones are newer than the others. See the discoloration? That means they were laid after a building collapsed and was cleared away. So it stands to reason the tunnel would be in this area, right?"

There was no discoloration, but hopefully she'd believe it.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 79