Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 53318 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2019, 01:10:36 am »

"...Yeah."

William looked at the bar. He really didn't know what else to say to that.

We'll show every one of those disrespectful fucks why the Argent name was great in the first place and why it's going to be great again. Just you and me, Billy boy. We're going to take it back to the top.

I hope so.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 16, 2019, 10:12:39 am »

Seeing as they apparently weren't leaving right away (what had happened to their urgency when they first showed up in the middle of her dinner?!), Jasmine pulled a tome out of her apron's pocket. It was brand new, almost completely clean except for a few smudges from the last time she had leafed through it. She flipped through the pages now, familiarizing herself with the magic within so she could use it quickly and effectively in a life-or-death situation.

: "So these people you're going after...they really are criminals, right? Known bad guys, preferably with bounties on their heads?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 16, 2019, 10:20:27 am »

"Seeing as some of them randomly tried to kill us... yeah, I’d say so.”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 16, 2019, 10:55:21 am »

That was...comforting?

: "And uh. Has anyone given any thought to what will happen if the Guard shows up? They're kinda useless most of the time but they'd probably try to break up some murderous gang fight."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 16, 2019, 11:17:29 am »

"They had no interest in the last one. If they do show up at all it will be after the fact and to take the credit."

William leaned an elbow on the bar and rested his cheek in his hand.

"I was a guard for a short time. That's what they do. It's less dangerous."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 16, 2019, 11:26:00 am »

"Yeah, it's not easy to get the guards to do something unless you really have to. I was.....also a guard, back home, for a while."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 16, 2019, 11:28:57 am »

Jasmine sighed in mingled relief and disgust.

: "And this is why I carry a tome everywhere I go. Can't count on the guards to do anything these days."

: "Gotta say though, neither of you strike me as guard types."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:32:50 am by Sirus »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 16, 2019, 11:37:43 am »

"I was assigned to the guard as part of my time in the national army. Neither guard duty nor service was for me."

William sighed.

"I'm still trying to figure out what it actually is that I'm going to do."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 16, 2019, 11:57:21 am »

"It's somewhat hard to make money as a scholar who can't use any magic whatsoever back home, so I...uh, did what I had to."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 16, 2019, 06:35:34 pm »

"Guards are uncommon around the slums. The only 'guards' you can get here are those you pay."
Ismo glanced to the side for a moment just to check if someone else was nearby attempting to listen their conversation before proceeding to speak.
"Even if you somehow find a guard here, chances are they aren't here to help. Probably gambling, a secondary job...There's a reason we don't get outsiders too often."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 16, 2019, 06:43:50 pm »

"With no law or other means of protection... I wonder how many of the gangs began as citizens banding together to protect themselves from other marauding gangs."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2019, 01:10:46 am »

"A large amount, and now they are the marauding gangs. You pay for them to 'guard' your home, and that basically means you pay to not get robbed by them."
  "The actual protection is simply related to territory, they couldn't care less about the inhabitants. This is just a war between gangs trying to get the best areas to keep their own market flowing."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2019, 12:50:10 pm »

Clara shook her head. There were no bandits or gangs near the Konian Sword School - the local countryside was full of trained swordsmen from the School, and there were two heroes of the Chaos War nearby. Any would-be brigand found themselves dealt with with expeditious haste.

"What a terrible situation. I am glad my own home was much more peaceful."
"I wonder how one would even start to dismantle the gangs and make things better. By the sounds of it, if you defeat one, another one just takes its place."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 19, 2019, 11:53:03 pm »

Ismo moved a hand under his chin in a pondering motion the moment she mentioned her home.
"If that's the case, you are truly a curious person, Miss Glasses. Trading a peaceful life for the risky gamble that is treasure hunting."
Thanks to his mask it was impossible to tell, but he was smiling under it, but he still made sure to let her know of his interest.
"A healer with this amount of courage and desire to explore the unknown is incredibly rare. It seems there is a lot to be learned about you yet."
The spy gave a shrug in response to her words.
"You aren't wrong there. Taking one by one wouldn't be enough, this is the kind of situation that would require a proper army to raid in. Chances are a lot of innocent people would get harmed, and that is not counting the amount of resources spent in this kind of activity. Considering getting rid of the gangs won't benefit them, they have no reason to bother with it either."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 23, 2019, 06:28:45 pm »

Ismo moved a hand under his chin in a pondering motion the moment she mentioned her home.
"If that's the case, you are truly a curious person, Miss Glasses. Trading a peaceful life for the risky gamble that is treasure hunting."
Thanks to his mask it was impossible to tell, but he was smiling under it, but he still made sure to let her know of his interest.
"A healer with this amount of courage and desire to explore the unknown is incredibly rare. It seems there is a lot to be learned about you yet."

Clara laughed self-consciously at the praise.
"Haha, well. I would not- well, I would not consider myself anything, well, special."

The spy gave a shrug in response to her words.
"You aren't wrong there. Taking one by one wouldn't be enough, this is the kind of situation that would require a proper army to raid in. Chances are a lot of innocent people would get harmed, and that is not counting the amount of resources spent in this kind of activity. Considering getting rid of the gangs won't benefit them, they have no reason to bother with it either."
Her expression sobered.
"...It is not right. Perhaps with this treasure things could start to be put to right, somehow."
"Anyway. Are you satisfied, miss.. Jasmine? Karin? I feel this task is best done soon."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 02:45:51 pm by GiglameshDespair »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 79