Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 53297 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #210 on: December 22, 2018, 03:12:15 pm »

Sieve smirked when he heard William's full name.

Argent, eh? That used to be an important name all around.

Sieve nodded when Ismo statted his self imposed mission.

All the information is in those papers being copied and coveted. I assume you obtained them just recently?

Then the outlander piped up.

Astera, huh? I think that's the first time I hear your name, despite an outsider being very notable news around here. Usually meaning trouble. I think I can guess the ruckus from before was related to you, am I right?

Sieve chuckled at being called a scholar.

I know a lot because I keep my eyes and ears open, that's all.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 22, 2018, 03:28:56 pm »

"It will be again. I'm making certain of it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2018, 05:48:15 pm »

"That is correct. And I assume you already know where you can find the rest of this information, don't you?"
Ismo glanced at William and just shook his head a few times before returning his attention to Sieve.
"If it is already under the hands of a 'certain' gang, just tell me where we can find their stash."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2018, 05:57:31 pm »

Astera grinned cheekily at the man.

"Is better to keep name quiet when working by self. But now have friends! Friends help when trouble happens. Maybe recent trouble maybe later trouble, who knows?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2018, 06:40:42 pm »

William smiled sadly to himself. He couldn't remember the last time anyone had called him a friend.

Don't get used to it. You're only a 'friend' as long as you're helpful. The second your usefulness runs out, they'll forget they ever knew you.

It doesn't have to be that way.

Too bad, because that's still how it is. Don't forget. I'm the only one who's never left you.

I... I know.

Good. Now pay attention, they might say something worth remembering. I can't do everything for you.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 27, 2018, 11:31:24 pm »

"So, is time to go make more gang mad? Well, same gang maybe. But more people in gang. They not like me. Is good I have friends this time."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 27, 2018, 11:54:09 pm »

"I'm not actively looking for a fight, but that thug made it sound as if one is going to find us regardless. I suppose we should decide now if we want to retreat from the city and get more information about these subjects, or deal with the problem while they're still marshaling their forces to hunt us."

"That being said... I would suggest we strike first, but I don't know who that man worked for, or where to find them."

William turned to Ismo.

"You're a native of this city. Do you know who might be hunting us, or perhaps have any other allies or associates we could contact for help?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2018, 12:08:27 am »

Ismo simply sighed and briefly glanced at William.
"Patience, please. I am still trying to gather information about the correct location of what we are after."
"Attacking a gang like this without knowing where to strike them will led you nowhere, this is why we are here. And if I must be honest, it would be easier to ask me who might not be hunting you outsiders right now."
The spy carefully ran his fingers along the Argiope egg pondering for a moment before giving a shrug.
  "Like I said, news do spread fast. So at this point some of the other gangs might be aware we have something valuable, and they will see it as an opportunity to take it without getting in conflict with the gang that previously owned it. As for associates, wait until we get an answer from Sieve. He knows about new faces wandering around here or simply people looking for a job."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 12:10:33 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2019, 07:13:39 am »

You didn't get both pieces of the paper then? Hmm... Everybody says you need both pieces to have a real lead on it. Trying to enter a Kizamo city is hard enough, but if you're just wandering around with no direction on top of that you'll be getting nowhere.

Sieve shifted a bit in his seat.

Unfortunately, while I know what gangs and persons have pieces on them, I have no idea who could have the piece that you need, and I'd wager you wouldn't like to waste your time trying to get a second copy of the one you already have. But... who did you steal this piece from, Astera? I heard there was a gang that recently got a hold of copies of both pieces, so maybe that can help.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2019, 07:50:40 am »

"Unfortunately not yet, that's why we wanted to get that information. When I found them, they were being chased by Borgo and his crew."
"Also...If you did find some other new faces around this area of the city, do send them our way. They are probably here for a reason too, and for their own good they should join us before they end up getting caught by the gangs."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2019, 07:59:21 am »

Borgo, huh? Sieve rubbed his chin. Yeah, I heard he was delivering his piece to Dionisos to his warehouse, where he has the other one. So that was the ruckus then?

Sieve continued rubbing his chin.

Honestly I'd say you're in deep shit. While all of you might have been able to take on Borgo, Dionisos is much stronger. You won't stand a chance in a fight against him... So don't. I can tell you where his warehouse is and when he's gonna be away so you can steal it, but after that your best bet is to skip town for a while, regardless of your success. And yeah, now that you mention it, you could use a couple of hands to help with that. I've heard of someone looking for people related to the heroes of 20 years ago... Maybe someone from the Argent family is close enough. Sieve glanced at William.

Plus, there's always some adventurous graduates that don't like to stay in their labs, so you could try to recruit one such mage. That someone is named Karin, check the inn two blocks over and see if you can find her.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 02, 2019, 08:21:43 am »

William returned the look evenly. He knew the scandal well enough - if Micheal Rose hadn't made the arrest himself, both his and William's family names would have been drug through the muck instead of only the Argent's.

He may have taken you in but it's his damn fault that Father is going to be rotting away in a prison cell for the rest of his life. Those damn Roses.

We mustn't be ungrateful. If it wasn't for him who knows what would have become of us?

"Karin... understood. And we'll check the academies and laboratories for unsatisfied mages."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 02, 2019, 08:23:37 am »

"I don't think we'll have a problem." Amber said, with a quick glance to Clara. "Thanks for your help!"

She turned to the others. "Should we split up, maybe? A few go to that inn, a few to a lab? Or should we stick together in case one of the gangs gets a bright idea after hearing about us?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2019, 08:26:52 am »

"Hmm. Smaller groups are harder to track and would force them to divide their attention... but on the other hand, that would put one group at a greater risk should anything happen. And we do only have one healer; if the group that doesn't include Clara gets attacked, they'll be much more likely to take severe injuries or possibly perish."

"...I suppose I don't really have an opinion. Both have their merits and their flaws."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 02, 2019, 08:29:02 am »

Ismo gave a slow nod at that comment.
"Yes, I am well aware we are pretty much marked by the gang by now. Which is why I intend to just get what we need and leave the city as soon as possible. There's no reason for us to stick around after we get what  we need."
"Where can we find this person looking for people related to the heroes? Did you already bait him into your store? As for the other...We will find them once we are done here."
The spy glanced at both Amber and William before speaking up again.
  "We will stick together, at this point they are hunting us, so we cannot afford wandering in split groups."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 79