Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 53272 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2018, 11:27:00 am »

You should keep that woman. I like her.

People aren't property.

Hell, you're an Argent, aren't you?

William suddenly found himself indescribably angry, and took a few deep breaths through his nose to try to calm his mood down.

"Right, well. I would have arrested them had I the authority. And I don't wish to speak for everyone, but I'm fine with your offer."

He didn't have any interest in the treasure, as such... he just wanted to find it for the good of the family name.

"May I ask you two to not antagonize each other right now? What's been done has been done. If we're really marked by some greater gang then we ought to stick together until we've dealt with that, at the very least, so let's try to get along."

He turned to Astera.

"I don't think you've said your name yet?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2018, 11:35:08 am »

"Good."
Ismo turned to face the rest of the group just to check if they were willing to accept the deal as well.
"You all heard my offer, right? So if you are willing to accept it, speak up."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2018, 11:47:27 am »

"The treasure was why I'd come, too! It'll be interesting to see a relic of the past like that... Amber Hirana by the way. Anyways, I'd be fine with working together on that. And getting to a safe place. That would also be nice."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2018, 12:12:03 pm »

"I'm not about to stand here and let some gutter rat bring me down to his level because I won't accept him evading and lying." She closed her eyes for a deep breath, opening them only after fully exhaling. "However, you are correct in that standing in a slum amidst a pile of corpses is not an ideal place to have this discussion."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2018, 12:35:07 pm »

"Look, rather than struggling with bandages..."
Clara tapped her staff on each injured person, healing them with a burst of energy.
"There, much easier, right?"
"Anyway, I am Clara R- well, Clara."
She glanced at Argent and Hirana. One of them had a somewhat familiar style - the other, she's pretty sure she'd met in the past, when she was young. They could talk on that later, however.
"If we are moving on, where are we going, precisely?"
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:43:31 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2018, 12:40:50 pm »

"For now? One of my hiding spots until we figure out the next step. William has the piece of paper with the lead and we killed its previous owner, so we cannot simply stay here in the open. It is just a matter of time until their gang catch up with us."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2018, 01:00:46 pm »

Astera grinned, having clearly hit a sore spot, but turned to Will instead of following up.

"I'm Astera. Sorry for not saying earlier. But yes, other thief that you all trust is right. Time to not be here anymore."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2018, 01:03:08 pm »

"I don't think she's a thief."

"I'm trusting Ismo. Maybe we all just need a moment to calm down and collect ourselves and then we can figure out what to do about all of this."

William waved the paper vaguely on 'this'.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2018, 01:14:30 pm »

"Good. This is not the time to argue, this battle was already loud enough to draw plenty of attention so..."
Ismo gestured towards the building he was previously standing at.
"...We should start moving. My nearest hideout can be accessed in that building, there's a tunnel underneath it that is often used for...Trading, but as only 'traders' roam inside them we won't be stopped."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2018, 01:15:56 pm »

Frowning, Astera gestured at Ismo.

"You think not a thief? You have strange idea of what thief is."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2018, 01:22:10 pm »

William rubbed his forehead.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I'm a little discombobulated right now."

You're not impressing anyone with your vocabulary, Billy boy.

Then I'll put it vulgarly so you get it: shut the fuck up.

The shadow stepped back, spreading his hands at shoulder level with a sarcastic slight bow from the chest up, and disappeared... for the moment. He was never gone long. William returned his eyes to the page so he could finally focus on it.

"Right. Just let me look at this while we're still in bright light and I'll be ready to go."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2018, 01:27:06 pm »

William finally took a look at the paper. It was just a copy, but the information was the most important part. However, it was nothing like a map, instead being a writing like one of a diary:

"At last I have reached Auroch, one of the few cities of Kiza that weren't affected by the disaster. I have brought with me my only two friends that remained with me straight from Rubidan, along with my most valuable possessions.

I still don't know if I will be able to set shop properly here and continue my investigations, but I have had a stroke of luck already: I have met Zubor Darek, the Gentle Giant as they call him over here, and he, if not his son, fully support me. Along with Zukovich and Salaam I'll be able to live here.

Even so, and after the disaster, I think the best I can do is..."

The page ended there, with no continuation on the other side of the paper. There was also no date, or any indication of the author.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2018, 01:31:16 pm »

"Rubidan...? Zubor Darek?"

"I've never heard of any of this. And Kiza? Was that what Kizamo used to be known as? But I thought Auroch was always an Alberalian city..."

After a moment to read it a few extra times and attempt to memorize it, William held the paper out to Astera.

"I'm returning this, as I promised."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2018, 01:34:03 pm »

Astera grinned and grabbed the paper, disappearing it somewhere on their body in a flash.

"Thank you, Will. I like you. Good guy. And see, only words on paper, not even map. Not so important after all."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2018, 01:36:32 pm »

"I don't know that they're not important, but I certainly don't understand them."

William sighed.

"Maybe if we speak to a proper historian we can find out more."

"I'm curious, Astera. Why did you steal that particular piece of paper? Were there more there that you didn't have a chance of getting, or did you only want that one?"

Maybe the answer would be a clue.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 79