Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 53264 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #1080 on: April 06, 2020, 02:35:12 pm »

"It would be a shame to destroy anything ancient like that - if indeed it is something like that. If anything, we could return it to my parents. They have some old materials they keep safe, and I am sure that another thing would be no issue."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.
« Reply #1081 on: April 06, 2020, 04:01:33 pm »

Darius reacted strongly when William suggested destruction.

: No! We can't afford to destroy it! We may not know exactly what it is, but it is definitely technology beyond what is available even nowadays. Even if it is unusable, it could provide a valuable base for future investigation! That's why we can't allow them to get to it first!

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: April 06, 2020, 04:05:11 pm »

"...'Them' who? At least for now the foes we dealt with only believe these papers contain actual treasures instead of knowledge."
"Did someone else figure out what these papers talk about?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 06, 2020, 04:10:03 pm »

"Calm down. I only suggested destroying it if it turned out to be something dangerous to the world."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 06, 2020, 04:16:17 pm »

: Another group, as far reaching as ours. While we call ourselves the Preservers, because of our intentions to save the knowledge, they call themselves... Erasers.

Darius drew a symbol Ismo was familiar with by now. The sharp symbol that, among others, the assassin they had just killed had on him.

: You killed one of their spies. He was roaming around the area mentioned in those papers in search of any further clues. No doubt news of his death have already reached their ears.

: Their intention is to wipe out anything coming from the past, to erase it. They will stop at nothing to see this knowledge gone if they can help it.

: Anything, you say? I don't like the sound of that.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 06, 2020, 04:21:38 pm »

"I am no archeologist, but I know for a fact that attempting to erase the past is extremely close-minded considering there is so much we learn from previous generations."
"Ah, so that faction decided to accept their deal. Considering our organizations naturally don't get along, now we have another reason to deal with them."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 06, 2020, 04:27:37 pm »

: Indeed, they have many groups under their command, just as the Blue Argiopes are under the Preservers'. You might say that is the reason why his and yours don't get along.

: In any case, I wanted to take you to meet my leader, so we can exchange information that I believe will benefit us both. Is that fine with you all?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 06, 2020, 04:34:38 pm »

Senija squinted... the idea of the Erasers, outright wanting to see all of this stuff destroyed, in fact to destroy everything coming from the past... well, it just seemed kind of odd. She understood from her own family that there were some people very interested in ancient artifacts and those who ideally wanted nothing to do with them --her aunt and uncle fit in the former category, her parents to... differing degrees in the latter-- but she couldn't quite understand why somebody would want to destroy EVERYTHING from the past. And, well, Uther had spoken up and that seemed to have been accepted, so she finally pushed herself to just openly ask:

:"I... do have one more question, if you don't mind. Why do these 'Erasers' want to destroy all knowledge from the past? It seems like... kind of a strange thing to want."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 05:09:10 pm by Powder Miner »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 06, 2020, 04:40:43 pm »

: I can't tell you what they're thinking, but they may just be extreme in the same vein your fellow expressed: they want to destroy what is dangerous. But they go too far in deeming what is dangerous indeed, even if they don't act irrationally.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 06, 2020, 04:58:15 pm »

"I see. Well then, I suppose that is yet another group to worry about."
"Considering this is a task involving the Blue Argiopes, I am fine with that."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1090 on: April 06, 2020, 05:46:29 pm »

"I cannot say I don't understand. There is plenty of lost knowledge in the world that should remain buried."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 07, 2020, 02:35:47 am »

"I-I disagree. Knowledge....i-if it's something important that people are willing to keep away from others so badly, people should know what it is that's being kept from them."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 07, 2020, 07:46:13 am »

”Some kinds’a knowledge should stay lost. As long as there’re people in the world who’d wanna use it for their own selfish reasons, and there’s always gonna be people like that, the rest’ve us just aren’t safe lettin’ that sorta thing just hang around waitin’ to be found by someone nasty. If’n some’a this stuff is, say, magic strong enough ta blow up a whole town in one go or whatever, that’s the kinda stuff that deserves to be erased. And people don’t need ta know it was, either, or they’ll try’n figure out how to do it themselves. It’s just how they are.”
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 07, 2020, 11:56:15 am »

William was quickly getting uncomfortable with how it seemed the party was dividing into sides.

"Let's just find what it is first so we know what it is we're discussing, all right?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: April 07, 2020, 01:12:21 pm »

"....W-William's right."
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 79